2016 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 10,093 comments
No manufacture that is not in NASCAR already has any interest in joining. The only reason that Toyota had any interest in the first place was because they had been in the truck series, and they're an almost pseudo American brand to begin with. Nobody else is interested, and there is zero appeal to join at all. Its got management that makes F1 management look of average intelligence, and it continues to shoot itself in the foot with cannon shells. Especially when they keep threatening us with the c*****n c***k. Heck, the brands in Nascar's euro series are Chevy, and Ford.

To put it in perspective, we're more likely to see Ferrari make a pickup truck. There's being hypothetical, and then there's being delusional.
Do you understand what 'hypothetical' means? I never said it was a probability, I never said it was a possibility. All I said was 'it would be cool if they did'. I know full well they never will, and that isn't the argument I was making.

To use your example, it'd be neat if Ferrari made a utility.

What payoff would a new manufacturer get investing in a NASCAR program?

Advertising would be the only positive for them, road car R&D will be very limited for the most part and finding race wins will take a lot of funds or a handful of years.

What payoff would a new manufacturer get investing in a NASCAR program?

Advertising would be the only positive for them, road car R&D will be very limited for the most part and finding race wins will take a lot of funds or a handful of years.
There wouldn't be any payoff. No reason for them to do it. That's why they don't and haven't done it in 50 years. And why it most likely never will happen.

Doesn't change my opinion that it would be neat if they did.

2017 Rule Package was released today: http://www.racer.com/nascar/item/135486-nascar-2017-sprint-cup-rules-package-announced

According to officials, the package will include:

• Rear spoiler dimensions of 2 3/8 inches-by-61 inches for non-restricted events (reduced from 3 ½-by-61).
  • Splitter measurements for 2017 remaining the same as those for the 2016 Kentucky and Michigan races, with a 3-inch reduction in the outboard (side) areas;
  • A tapered rear deck fin
  • Net rear steer setting of zero.

NASCAR also made several safety enhancements, including a mandatory stronger interior driver compartment at superspeedway events (optional for additional 2017 venues); a previously announced thicker anti-intrusion plating in the cockpit and plating areas not currently covered; mandatory toeboard foam and a roof hatch at superspeedways (optional elsewhere); steering column mounting; and a garage-only fuel coupler.

Superspeedway aero packages will remain the same except for a restrictor plate size decrease from 57/64ths to 7/8ths of an inch and a 20-pound vehicle weight increase to accommodate structural changes to the car.
Also interesting to note;
Teams will now be required to start each race on the tires they used in qualifying. The tire allotment will also be reduced.

Last edited:
Had a weird dream last night that Chase Elliot had a terrible crash into the catchfence at Talladega. The car was almost unidentifiable and they took the cameras off the car cause everyone thought he was dead. But then he climbed out and all was good. Was really random.

Had a weird dream last night that Chase Elliot had a terrible crash into the catchfence at Talladega. The car was almost unidentifiable and they took the cameras off the car cause everyone thought he was dead. But then he climbed out and all was good. Was really random.
Almost sounds like a reconstruction of Austin Dillion's wreck at Daytona last year in a way.

Food poisoning? :lol: :P

What value would Maserati, Mercedes Benz or BMW possibly get out of NASCAR?
On top of that, I honestly wanna know why people think manufacturers like BMW, Maserati, Benz, and Audi actually make a lick of sense in the NASCAR world. Hyundai, Nissan, and VW I can understand, but the above? Where are people getting these ideas from?

Toyota should still use the 86 in the Xfinity series though :P

Plus as if Toyota doesn't get enough hate as it is, a lot of people just wanna see Dodge back.
That'd be possible actually, I mean, its no like the Camry is anywhere close to those dimensions lol.

And yeah, if only Chrysler hadn't thrown their toys out of the pRAM in terms of racing.

That'd be possible actually, I mean, its no like the Camry is anywhere close to those dimensions lol.

And yeah, if only Chrysler hadn't thrown their toys out of the pRAM in terms of racing.

I will never forget that bs move they did when they won the championship in The Weathertech Sportscar Championship, and then they closed down the program:banghead:

Toyota should still use the 86 in the Xfinity series though :P

Plus as if Toyota doesn't get enough hate as it is, a lot of people just wanna see Dodge back.

If Toyota race the 86 next year (or 2018, I can wait) and paint the demo car like the Initial D 86, I will personally take back every bad thing I've ever said about them, and they will be my new favorite Xfinity manufacturer...(Ok, I will always love Camaros, but dat 86 doe!)

I will never forget that bs move they did when they won the championship in The Weathertech Sportscar Championship, and then they closed down the program:banghead:
You think that's bad, FCA pulled out of the GRC just literally when they were getting good, and didn't even offer the cars to privateer teams who could've gotten their start with them. If they had hung on for a season or two longer, and managed to attract Bryan Herta or a similar Indycar team, they would be contending for championships now. I wanna take that company seriously, but they seriously are a bunch of quitters. Also, look at this
6-9895584626_2792d13697_o.jpg

PS, the only racing FCA does now is the Raminator monster truck team, and some support of the NHRA. It could be better

They and Volvo are the same when it comes to motorsports, they do well but they quit for no damn reason
it makes no sense. Both have large fan bases that love it when they race, they get much attention, prove they're good, and then just quit for no reason and hurt the team's they were with.

It's by the same guy who made those stupid generators that were funny the first time but by the fifth one lead to nothing but filling a page with ****posts

Back