2016 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 10,093 comments
Got a couple more diecasts for my collection. My wife is not amused.

IMG_2805_zpsal2gju2f.jpg

IMG_2806_zpsmvzzhtt7.jpg

Ryan Newman resigns with RCR and Caterpillar sponsorship. Looks like baby Ty will be waiting longer to make RCR totally irrelevant.

Ryan Newman resigns with RCR and Caterpillar sponsorship. Looks like baby Ty will be waiting longer to make RCR totally irrelevant.
That would be the smarter thing to do, however I think Ty wouldn't have to work hard to convince Richard to set up a fourth team for him to run cup.

Ty needs a ride on a 3rd tier team so he can get used to running in the back.

So RCR?:confused:

I doubt Caterpillar would sponsor Ty as they've only sponsored veteran drivers in Cup with the exception of Scott Wimmer.

Can't see Menard being around much longer, he's just "there". Easily worst part of RCR now.

He brings in a big chunk of cash though. But, now that I think of it, wasn't there talk of him going elsewhere not that long ago?

There was a rumor that came out a few weeks ago that he was going to Penske next year.

So RCR?:confused:

I doubt Caterpillar would sponsor Ty as they've only sponsored veteran drivers in Cup with the exception of Scott Wimmer.
Kyle Petty, David Green, W. Burton, Blaney, Wimmer, Leitzinger, J. Burton, and Newman

Halloween's around the corner. :mischievous:

I hope it doesn't happen. Neither Dillon impresses me, but then again neither does Bubba Wallace, and Jones isn't making a good case.

To be fair, Wallace has just gotten crap luck and is stuck with the worst Cup team in Nationwide right now (which makes him getting in the chase with the same equipment as Ryan Reed even more impressive). I honestly believe if he's with a team that actually can compete like Penske, he'd be doing far better. As for Jones, I think he just needs to settle down and stop trying too hard. He's in one of the best cars in the field and he's proven he's far more ready for cup then the dillons (and didn't need his family on the radio to move people out of the way). I think once he's gets the reigns pulled back, then he'll actually start doing better.

Wallace is my favorite. I watched him on some reality show several years ago, trying to win a spot on some racing team. He is a real class act. I'm not sure if he won the show or not.

I was shocked to see him actually racing in the Xfinity series. And now he is in the chase. I wish him luck.

Last edited:
Yeah, Jones definetly needs to step back, look at the big picture, and go at a bit more conserved. Yeah, agressive makes for great action, but look at Kentucky; was on course for a solid top 5, try to make a pass on Ty, and ends up having to spend the next two weeks digging out of a hole. He'd perfectly fine if it wasn't for that incident.

That and his pit crew, and crew chief can not keep making these bad pit stops/calls. The last stop at Charlotte could have easily ended thwir season, and I don't even know what happened at Dover, but it wasn't good.

I almost wish Gibbs would have held him in the Xfinity series one more year. Yeah, I know Chase and a few others have flown up the ranks, but I have a feeling Erik's inexperience will come to bite him in some way shape or form.

To be fair, Wallace has just gotten crap luck and is stuck with the worst Cup team in Nationwide right now (which makes him getting in the chase with the same equipment as Ryan Reed even more impressive). I honestly believe if he's with a team that actually can compete like Penske, he'd be doing far better. As for Jones, I think he just needs to settle down and stop trying too hard. He's in one of the best cars in the field and he's proven he's far more ready for cup then the dillons (and didn't need his family on the radio to move people out of the way). I think once he's gets the reigns pulled back, then he'll actually start doing better.
I hope he gets the open Penske seat for next year. I think people forget how good he was in the JGR/KBM equipment.

To be fair, Wallace has just gotten crap luck and is stuck with the worst Cup team in Nationwide right now (which makes him getting in the chase with the same equipment as Ryan Reed even more impressive). I honestly believe if he's with a team that actually can compete like Penske, he'd be doing far better.

Hear hear!
The "I Hate It For My Guys" Man's 2017 scheme:

View attachment 595163

I'm getting vague Michael Waltrip vibes here

I hope he gets the open Penske seat for next year. I think people forget how good he was in the JGR/KBM equipment.
Now that you brought that up, isn't Eric Jones vacating the #20 Xfinite team? Even though I think Bubba should go to either Penske or the new SHR team, I'd be ok with him reuniting with Gibbs, despite the fact that their development ladder is already too crowded

Could've sworn Eric was doing a part-time schedule in the 77.

Back