2017 NASCAR Discussion threadNASCAR 

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,756 comments
I've never seen it so quiet here during a race. How many people really have boycotted NASCAR?

Or has everyone fallen asleep with Harvick leading practically every lap so far? Or no caution (other than the manufactured one)? There has been some decent racing behind. It's fun to watch the drivers fight their cars.

I've never seen it so quiet here during a race. How many people really have boycotted NASCAR?

Or has everyone fallen asleep with Harvick leading practically every lap so far? Or no caution (other than the manufactured one)? There has been some decent racing behind. It's fun to watch the drivers fight their cars.
I actually boycotted.

I'm glad to see no cautions (other than the stage-end). Should shut up the whiners from last week. The stages aren't causing more aggressiveness that correlates with wrecks. I do see some chances and aggressiveness in strategy (2 stops versus 1). That's freakin' awesome. I've always wished that NASCAR strategy could pick up some from F1, as it gets old seeing everyone come down pit road at the same time all the time for the first 95% of the race.

With Chase's penalty, it looks at the moment like the only guys that might sort of finish close to Harvick are Larson or Bowyer. Or Brad. He seems to be moving back towards the front. By the way, it's cool to see Bowyer running well again after last year's fiasco.

I got thinking about the 500 last weekend and I feel like Nascar needs to cut superspeedway drag and downforce again. I know a lot of people show up for the big one but the actual drafting racing that happened at the end was refreshing. They should aim for races to be more like that at the end, or the Coke Zero 400 right before the repave where they opened up the plates. They should aim for that again, while I didn't like the results (Mark's car caught fire around half way) it was interesting to see the race play out more or less like they did in the 80's and early 90's.

There's a Cajun pepper in Gaulding's car. Caution is out.

Harvick won this race. Nobody has anything for him.

Last edited:
Harvick caught speeding. This just got interesting. And poor Chase Elliott would have inherited the lead, but his team had a slow top.

Back