2017 NASCAR Discussion threadNASCAR 

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,756 comments
For all you who don't get the NASCAR channels, youtube is coming out with a monthly subscription sports package that will have FS1 and NBCSN available to you for $35 a month.

https://techcrunch.com/2017/02/28/youtube-launches-youtube-tv-its-live-tv-streaming-service/

I realize this will not stop the bitching from most people who want everything for free but it's cheaper than $100+/month cable.

If you don't care about the DVR stuff you can get FS1/2 as well as NBCSN for $25/month with Sling. It doesn't include ESPN either but race fans really have no need for that channel (you do get Comedy Central though). :lol:

Saw this gem on NASCAR Memes today. :lol:
upload_2017-3-1_21-38-16.png

NASCAR practice literally all day for all 3 series today ending with cup qualifying.

Watching Cup practice and pick up Gordon quipping how amazed he is at the edge of control going into the corners at 198 mph with the "tiny little spoilers".

Other comments from the analysts:
"The track is old and worn out - very slippery"
"The tires are wearing out way too fast- expect trouble going into the turns and green flag stops for tires."

Last edited:
Xfinity Practice 2: Brandon Jones lost a tire and slamed the wall in 4. Probably going to a backup car.

Trucks Final Practice: The #50 of Ogata has spun off of 2. Got out of it without hitting anything.

I think it's weird and nearly incomprehensible why/how this could happen. What is the back story?

Back in Atlanta in 2015, nearly half the field didnt even qualify due to not passing inspection, it was embarrassing as hell and worse it was the week after all the heat NASCAR took for finishing the 500 under yellow

24 teams can't possibly be failing because they ****ed up. What the hell? :banghead:
As it turned out, only 5 or 6 cars failed to make round 1, all back markers anyway.

I guess they didn't take the rules and enforcement policies seriously enough.

Xfinity race starting shortly, Trucks later tonight. Let's see how all the off season changes affect normal racing.
They will be essentially racing without a spoiler, they are so small now. Also, the teams will only be issued barely enough tires to make the distance, which rapidly and continually wears the tires with an old and deteriorated surface. In short, it will be a hairy, tail-out ride the whole way. No shortage of wrecks and yellows, and maybe a surprise winner or two.

Question: Where do NASCAR drivers who never reached stardom go when they stop getting driving gigs?

Answer: The Spotter's stand apparently. Tony Raines and Tim Fedewa are the two latest names I remember driving who've moved to that position...both work for SHR as well... hmmm...
They will be essentially racing without a spoiler, they are so small now. Also, the teams will only be issued barely enough tires to make the distance, which rapidly and continually wears the tires with an old and deteriorated surface. In short, it will be a hairy, tail-out ride the whole way. No shortage of wrecks and yellows, and maybe a surprise winner or two.
Only if we get Daytona S3 at this point. One caution on lap 2 I caught, maybe another natural one, and we've spent more time under caution for the stages than because anyone really screwed up.

I'm just going to get ahead of myself and say congrats to Kyle Busch for winning both races today. :rolleyes:

Back