2017 NASCAR Discussion threadNASCAR 

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,756 comments
Debatable who the bigger choke was. Harvick messed up on pit road while Larson drove like a rookie.

JESUS CHRIST LARSON, ARE YOU SERIOUSLY IN LOVE WITH 🤬 BLOWING THE WIN AT THE END EVERY 🤬 TIME MAN WTF GET YOUR 🤬 TOGETHER!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Rant over my apologies

Harvick:
ublwt.gif

TBH, the only interesting part of that race was the last 15 laps. To be fair I only watched half of the first segment before turning it off.

I will say that the stage format didn't turn out to be a complete disaster this race like I thought it would be. Sure, the cautions caused by the stage ends were kind of dumb again, but the racing was smooth for the most part and the cautions were not caused because of the additional bunching of the stage restarts. The racing actually looked decent, and the race itself didn't turn into a caution filled train wreck like the debacle that was Daytona. Hopefully that was just restrictor plate racing being restrictor plate and it doesn't happen anywhere else.

I don't think Kyle would have been able to hold off Brad anyways so he pretty much had to do something.
That's pretty much how I felt. Kevin and Brad had the strongest cars all day, and I figured Brad would win because he'd just overpower Kyle in the end unless he suddenly found a whole lot of speed from some other spot on track.

How I felt about the segments on my end? They felt like debris cautions placed in designated intervals. Compared to Daytona, they was much less to gripe about them.

Conversely, the segments did little to make the product any better than it was without them. If anything, you lose a bit on race strategy, especially in the lower series where you have less pitting under green. Considering much of the schedule is filled with Atlantas, I get the feeling this idea isn't going to add as much excitement as expected.

Just realized there's one brand that still doesn't win anything on the main series... :lol::lol:

car_logo_PNG1644.png
Speaking of that, my brother threw a bitch fit and he said "What does GM have to do to win a race?" He didn't like my answer of "Shut up and quit crying because we're only two races into the season."

On another note, I will say that I thought SHR going to Ford was a fatal mistake and would have costed them dearly given their relationship with Hendrick. That thought got proven wrong real fast.

Speaking of that, my brother threw a bitch fit and he said "What does GM have to do to win a race?" He didn't like my answer of "Shut up and quit crying because we're only two races into the season."
I was talking about stages as well (making it 6 finishes), I know we just had 2 races but being staged, it's like 6 mini races joined in 2 overalls 3 stages each, and so far all the stages but one have been owned by the blue oval frenemy, and chevy was that close twice... besides, I'm going for toyota again, so there's this joke reason :lol:
On another note, I will say that I thought SHR going to Ford was a fatal mistake and would have costed them dearly given their relationship with Hendrick. That thought got proven wrong real fast.
I would say that's due to the drivers and their teams, not the cars... Still, Ford can have their monster happy hours all they want :sly:

75965372.jpg

I say let them struggle. Maybe then we can finally get the "Domestics Only" 🤬 wipes to shut up and learn to deal with it. I honestly hope Toyota goes on a roll, wins the most races, and wins the Manufacturers Championship just to see how much 🤬 hits the fan.

Money will solve many problems, and I bet Ford gave them enough money that, if stacked, they could have built the necessary shop expansion out of said money. I'd guess it was around the total sponsorship income that they got last year.

Back