2017 NASCAR Discussion threadNASCAR 

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,756 comments
To be honest, I think that Las Vegas should replace Texas, which to be HONEST, if not for the whole Ferko lawsuit mess, would only have ONE race.

And two, it makes sense weatherwise, because the teams can go straight from Las Vegas to Phoenix, like they are doing early in the season.

I wonder if the Vegas race is gonna be run at night if indeed it is in September?

To be honest, I think that Las Vegas should replace Texas, which to be HONEST, if not for the whole Ferko lawsuit mess, would only have ONE race.

And two, it makes sense weatherwise, because the teams can go straight from Las Vegas to Phoenix, like they are doing early in the season.

I wonder if the Vegas race is gonna be run at night if indeed it is in September?
SMI would have managed to get a second Texas race by now without that lawsuit. That guy was a dumb:censored: anyway.

It could be TMS, but I doubt it for three reasons: 1) Big 🤬 Mother 🤬 TV that IIRC just had a third update. 2) The Repave, regrading, and new drainage systems (that may not see action on race weekends until 2024 if I had to guess). 3) Eddie Gossage, who I have to believe Bruton Smith sees as a younger version of himself.

Even as a homer for TMS...The Cup races have regularly been either walks or what Atlanta saw Sunday. Knock the spring race back a month, drop the chase race, and I wouldn't say anything.

The number font ESPN uses for Kurt is uh.... interesting to say the least

4cV20mw9WydYrI6sU-JoVTMPKFSnxSYdMyMtS-YtftE.jpg

Some of the notables in the announced nominees for the 2018 HOF:

• Alan Kulwicki
  • Bobby Labonte
  • Joe Gibbs
  • Davey Allison
  • Jack Roush
  • Ken Squier
  • Robert Yates
  • Roger Penske
  • Buddy Baker
  • Ron Hornaday
  • Ray Everham
  • Ricky Rudd

Is college sports even close to a fair comparison?

All sports ratings are declining and have been for a few years. That above article that iforceV8 posted said lowest in at least 19 years. But there was no Chase, segments (and most everything else people attribute to the decline of NASCAR) 19 years ago and many refer to those times as the glory days. The sole comment on that article said "If NASCAR would go back to their roots, it would break ratings records yada, yada, yada". Must be selective reading because there was an explosion in the 2000's. So basically we're back to the glory days lol

Idk why but i find the penalties for missing lug nuts just too harsh

It's because NASCAR flip flopped on their own policy overnight last year. If they can prove malicious intent then yeah give a penalty. But if they are loose after the race it's not that big of a deal imo. If there was an attempt to hit all 5 I don't see much of a problem. Once the jack drops the driver is gone.

According to the article, FOX sports will simulcast it in HD, not UHD so it looks like DTV only will get UHD. Even if FOX simulcast in UHD it would be up to your cable provider to get it to you in that format, providing they have the equipment, bandwidth, and your box is capable.
That's why I mentioned Direct Tv, I should have been more precise.

Xfinity cars on track, Jamie McMurray on commentary.

Oops...zoned out on something else. Didn't hear a word of commentary, and I assume Kyle Busch led all 45 laps.

LATER: Logano wins.

Last edited:
Logano wins the Xfinity race. *slow clap*

As much as I dislike him, I do admire his burnout skills...

There's a difference between "Loud" and "Good". Good is usually easy to hear, somewhat rhythmic, and for me can be felt. Loud is Bubba's botch-job of engine "upgrades" and straight pipe exhaust that's about 5 inches too wide and has no resistance in any form.

If changes drop the noise level but can help improve the racing that much more, by all means go ahead. If nothing else MagnaFlow or Flowmasters would have a perfect test bed for new products.

I thought Harvick would rip Goodyear but instead ripped the medical staff. But in all fairness to the medical staff he did lower his window net. But what good is a Harvick interview without him complaining about something?

I thought Harvick would rip Goodyear but instead ripped the medical staff. But in all fairness to the medical staff he did lower his window net. But what good is a Harvick interview without him complaining about something?

I wouldn't be suprised if he started ripping the pit crew for attaching that faulty tire.

And #41 might have a battery issue; crewman carrying spares out from the hauler. Time to watch SHR drop like flies.

Back