2018 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand PrixFormula 1 

Hammy qualifies fourth. Starts... ninth? He was never on that lap.

Not a great place to start from.

Sebastian found an impressive amount of time in that last lap.

Gasly in fifth after that demotion. HONDA IN FIFTH. WAT.

Does Kimi have a sponsorship deal with Ray-Ban, or is there something wrong with his eyes?

I only ask because that's twice now in two races that I've seen him wearing shades in situations where one normally wouldn't be

Does Kimi have a sponsorship deal with Ray-Ban, or is there something wrong with his eyes?

I only ask because that's twice now in two races that I've seen him wearing shades in situations where one normally wouldn't be

In the desert the sun is a lot brighter. Even when it's dark.

Still not sure what you're on about, probably not the best person to quote, considering Max made the biggest points gains after having his issues last year. Mistakes happen, doesn't change that Vertappen is fast and worth the money. Daniel is consistent which is why he is highly regarded. I could understand people questioning Max if he hadn't had anything to show for but that's far from the case.

Still not sure what you're on about, probably not the best person to quote, considering Max made the biggest points gains after having his issues last year. Mistakes happen, doesn't change that Vertappen is fast and worth the money. Daniel is consistent which is why he is highly regarded. I could understand people questioning Max if he hadn't had anything to show for but that's far from the case.
Ok everyone can have a bad day but it's his fourth season I think everyone was expecting more consistency at this stage. Talent alone is not enough. He need to grow fast. Less spins and crashes more clean races and points.

IT seems that the RBR of Max suddenly got 150HP extra battery power due to an internal software "error" miscommunication. Renault will confirm this later today.
So can we blame the driver for that?
No if that's the case. But 150 extra hp sounds a bit strange. Is it something related to yesterday problem?

3 Power Units Rule for the whole season and in the second race: Lewis forced to change gearbox, Max did a Mansell in FP2 and Seb swapped Ecu after FP3.

PW3cwOt.jpg

No if that's the case. But 150 extra hp sounds a bit strange. Is it something related to yesterday problem?

3 Power Units Rule for the whole season and in the second race: Lewis forced to change gearbox, Max did a Mansell in FP2 and Seb swapped Ecu after FP3.
Yesterday was to simple: a connector vibrated loose. They think todays issue has more to do with the Australian GP, also software failure(s).

On the positive side Lewis and Max start midfield so hopefully we see some nice battles and overtakes. Lewis one stop strategy as only he qualified on softs in Q2. And yes hopefully Max can keep his head cool in the warm evening desert.

Don't know why but I think Kimi goes like a rocket from the start and Vettel makes a move?

Last years there was much more sand/dust on the track. It is said that they used a kind of glue moisture around the venue tokeep the sand outside. Sounds like a good April fools day joke, but others say it is actually the case?!

If Verstappen didn't crash, the McLarens would be bottom of Q2. Maybe Australia was the outlier rather than the trend. So much for contesting Red Bull.

Last years there was much more sand/dust on the track. It is said that they used a kind of glue moisture around the venue tokeep the sand outside. Sounds like a good April fools day joke, but others say it is actually the case?!

I believe that is indeed the norm for modern desert tracks with a lot of money to spend.

Ok everyone can have a bad day but it's his fourth season I think everyone was expecting more consistency at this stage. Talent alone is not enough. He need to grow fast. Less spins and crashes more clean races and points.

he is consistent, week in and week out you can guarantee he will be fast. He's still quite young compared to high counterparts who have had a decade at most over him in the series. What about the four other drivers that he is expected to fight with and the numerous issues they've had over the past couple years driving wise?

Also again he had the most points gained in the second half of last year so it's hard for you to make a claim or even validate questioning Max, when it's very obvious he has earned his worth.

Wow, what a terrible session to watch.

Cars from teams XYZ on hot laps, director cuts to Arrivabene's nose hairs.

Max's 30 second slow-mo walk through the Paddock was epic!!

During Q3, Merc and Ferrari were the only cars shows on screen, save the 2 Renault's exiting the pits, and Dan crossing the line. Like, we watch Hamilton do an outlap while 4-5 guys were on flyers.

No mention of Ocon making the top 10 after FIs Melbourne outing. Barely a mention of Gasly. No mention of Sainz and Hulk. It's almost like the director and commentary team treat the other 8 teams like they are just numbers to fill up the grid for the Merc and Ferrari show.

After watching Supercars directly before this, it really is a stunning contrast between the two shows. The Supercars crew is extremely informative, funny, balanced, insightful...contrast that with F1, just a couple of dry British blokes rambling on about how amazing Lewis is.

How many DRS assisted flybys do we think Lewis and Max will make on Bahrain's main straight, where the DRS zone has been increased by 100m as a knee jerk reaction to the lack of racing in Melbourne.

....I can't imagine how long the DRS zones will be after Monaco :lol:

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, since this was before we found out he got 140 more hp than he saw coming. It wasn't even a mistake, the back stepped out earlier than it would if you screw up that corner normally.

Where do we know that he had more power than expected.
Edit: I read the article on motorsport.com. Makes sense to me.

Last edited:
Back