2018 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand PrixFormula 1 

So you can't change positions on your formation lap, even though you still stop at the right grid position to start the race. Wow... FIA is always so fickle

That's been a rule for decades. Michael Schumacher was penalised for overtaking Damon Hill twice on the formation lap of the 1994 British Grand Prix. He was eventually disqualified for not serving his 5 second stop/go penalty.

Yea fickle is the wrong word, and I probably mean petty. It's such an insignificant thing and they start from the right position anyway so who the **** cares, right?

Mercedes bluffs a pit stop?

I wonder if Hamilton's long first stint will back Vettel up into Bottas? Might make for an interesting end-race run, the leaders bunched up with Hamilton behind them on fresher tires.

Past 1/3 race distance and ESPN has yet to take a commercial break....For those of you who aren't watching from North America, this is miraculous :D
I was just thinking about that and it's incredible. They finally learned that this sport is different from others and every moment is equally important.

Can't call it yet. While Merc was having issues earlier this weekend, Lewis was pacing Vettel despite being on the "slower" tire. That Vettel blitzed him at the end of that stint just shows how far gone those softs were after twenty five laps.

It's still early days. Can't call it for sure until a few more races in.

What we can say for sure is Gasly is faster than you. Can you confirm, Fernando? :D

I was just thinking about that and it's incredible. They finally learned that this sport is different from others and every moment is equally important.

All I can say is, it's about time. As much as I loved the old US broadcast with Hobbs and Varsha, I'll take a commercial free Sky Sports feed over the old US broadcast with ads every 8 minutes any day.

I think a section radio option should added which allows teammates to communicate with one another, that would spice up any race.

Disastrous.

So Hamilton has third sewn up. Vettel has got a lot to do now. He's not coming out in front of Lewis after the next pit... and with the two Mercs tired for the end...

Back