2018 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand PrixFormula 1 

Kimi seems to like this Ferrari more than Vettel, he might have gotten pole if not for being held up on one of his laps (that we didn't get to see because watching a driver who can't start higher than 6th is definitely more exciting). Might be far too early to think he can bag a title over Vettel or for that matter Hamilton, but he might very well outscore Bottas, which has some constructor championship implications.

Q1 red flag due to Max Ver crashing

Edit:
Sucks to be Grosjean lost out by 0ms on quali.

Alonso 1:30:530
Grosjean 1:30:530

Grosjean loses because Alonso made his time first

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-04-08 18.23.49.png
    Screenshot 2018-04-08 18.23.49.png
    200.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
he is consistent, week in and week out you can guarantee he will be fast. He's still quite young compared to high counterparts who have had a decade at most over him in the series. What about the four other drivers that he is expected to fight with and the numerous issues they've had over the past couple years driving wise?

Also again he had the most points gained in the second half of last year so it's hard for you to make a claim or even validate questioning Max, when it's very obvious he has earned his worth.
We all know he is very fast but since you mentioned last season, at the end of the day it's about what you do WHOLE season. Ricciardo 200 points, Verstappen 168.

If he wants to be WC one day he should start considering getting in front of his teammate, for once. If this require some boring 5th places instead of some desperate overtake attempts/dive bombing so be it.

First race was quite bad, yesterday I acknowlodged he had a software problem, so let's see what he can do today, hopefully staying out of troubles.

I gotta say, that UK TV crew is getting on my nerves already. If you see the F1 Qualify Highlight, you can clearly see them saying how amazingly fast Lewis is. Unfortunately, Lewis was 0.3 off the pace.

Hamilton and Verstappen being further back means we could have a really cracking race. Though chances are Lewis will be right up Vettel's arse by the end of lap 1 as always happens in this situation. I'm just hoping Vettel doesn't blow it and can get a strong start to his fifth title. :D

I gotta say, that UK TV crew is getting on my nerves already. If you see the F1 Qualify Highlight, you can clearly see them saying how amazingly fast Lewis is. Unfortunately, Lewis was 0.3 off the pace.

Sky Sports or Channel 4?

Enjoy the -hopefully- spectacular race with a surprising podium (#wishmode). I start watching with a delay of about 30 minutes. Friends coming in a bit later. So I have to skip twitter and forums. Afterwards I will read all the comments :cheers:

Pit walk with Channel 4 has been pretty full packed, lots of people to talk to. David Couthard asking chef James Martin about tossing salad :lol:

Impressive job by rookie Gasly and Toro Rosso Honda in qualifying. They are within a second off Red Bull and just a little over that off the works Mercedes and Ferrari team. Maybe in race they will struggle more in PU terms but so far looks really promising so early in relationship given they had very little time to make a gearbox and integrate package. Honda must be so glad they avoided Sauber, stopped having to pay McLaren so much money to get badmouthed and have potential of partnering up with probably best chassis maker on grid which looks like Red Bull at the moment.

Speaking of Red Bull though, their drivers seem quite lacklustre so far this start of the season, they really need to step it up as they've got a car that could win the championship. They can't afford to have too many unforced errors. Incredible job Red Bull having managed to turn around the chassis last season and start off so strong this year, they and Ferrari deserve a lot of credit for taking the fight to Mercedes and Mercedes for staying up there. It will be interesting to see if Renault can make a PU upgrade that makes gains on others but IIRC, Mercedes also planning a decent PU upgrade of their own though.

Williams need an experienced driver ASAP by the looks of things, maybe they've got a car that is good enough to be fourth best or they have managed to actually make a car a lot slower than last years one which there drivers are showing this weekend which is hard to believe (Maybe they made the car more draggy without adding much more downforce or could be poor setup?). I wouldn't be surprised if they had Massa still, they would have started P5 today.

Not looking good for McLaren if this qualifying form on this race is going to be representative of future races, they like to blow their own trumpet a lot and make a lot of excuses but looks like at the moment they have become the joke after trying to divert their issues to solely Honda. Supposedly best driver on the grid and one of the best chassis scraped through to Q2 narrowly on time setting difference relying on a shocking lap by Grosjean on one of their home tracks. Maybe in the race they will be better. They could learn a lot from Ferrari of recent years who have kept their head down and made great progress, hopefully McLaren can turn it around now they have a solid reference to aim for. I wonder if Alonso will stick around for the whole season if form does not improve.

Overtaking in this Formula does not seem like it is going to be a major issue going by last race as cars could stay quite close but will see better on this race as there should be more opportunities to have a run on others and more of a braking zone to perform a move in. If Lewis and Max can't overtake in positions they are in then F1 does have serious issues but I doubt that will happen, should be really interesting to watch as long as they don't get involved in any incidents. Hopefully Ricciardo and Bottas will be able to pull off some dive bombs, don't want Ferrari to have an easy race and hoping Lewis manages to pull off a win somehow.

What do you get when you elbow someone else off the track?

A puncture. Good job, Maxie.

It had the makings of a good fight, but he left Lewis NO room there.

Just noticed admist all the chaos that Erricson sits in 12th. :odd:

And Gasly runs KMag off. This is gonna being an interesting race.

And Verstappen is out. Ferrari & Bottas must be loving this right now.

That was an awesome four-way fight. Hamilton up to 6th. Alonso nipping at the Hulk.

Verstappen needs to be reminded of the old adage “You can’t win a race on the first lap, but you can lose it.”
It wasn't Lap 1 and he had a genuine run on Hamilton for a single position. Also, Arten Markelov put on a master class in getting through the field in the first F2 race.

It was wheel to wheel and not Hamilton's front wing, but Hamilton also should have known he couldn't keep the position and back out through the apex and known that Turn 4 is where you get it back.

So you can't change positions on your formation lap, even though you still stop at the right grid position to start the race. Wow... FIA is always so fickle

Latest Posts

Back