2022 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,424 comments
Plus you could argue his 2015 championship, which he shouldn't have been eligible for in the first place, he got lucky on as well.

In other news, looks like there will be another ex-F1 driver attempting NASCAR this year:

Never heard of him.

Never heard of him.
Seems most of his relevancy on the International stage was in the late-90's early-00's with Minardi in F1 as well as Penske and Coyne in CART. Seems after that fizzled out he just hopped around the Brazil racing scene doing various series'.

His only saving grace is the lack of part-time teams running this year means there is a pretty decent chance of him getting into the race (although with only 4 open spots that could rapidly change).

Marques also has the distinction of being Fernando Alonso's first teammate in F1 while at Minardi.

It is weird seeing a name like his popping up for a seat in NASCAR. Villeneuve I can see, since he at least had a somewhat successful F1 career, albeit it being 20-25 years ago.

Very early (well, maybe not since throwback now is May apparently) retro schemes announced for RFK:
Brad Keselowski

Chris Buescher

Yellow doesn't really match up for the 17. Hopefully that’s just bad lighting in the render. Also wish the sponsor logo on the side had bolder text but I understand they probably didn’t have control over that.

They just didn't do a good job at utilizing all that extra space on the side.
That's gonna be down to the branding guidelines of the sponsor.

Gonna put a large amount of money on them not allowing the logo to go across two different colors.

That's gonna be down to the branding guidelines of the sponsor.

Gonna put a large amount of money on them not allowing the logo to go across two different colors.
To be fair though, without some kind of outline around the logo that would also look pretty bad. Dark blue on light blue transitioning to white is a bit of an eyestrainer.

In all truth they should probably just put the throwback livery thing to rest entirely, they're never going to look right with the number moved forwards.

Last edited:
Happy to see Chase get a win and seeing both Trackhouse cars in the top 10! :cheers:

It will be interesting to see how the new Atlanta is, I'm keeping my expectations low.

That was a good race. Good to see Chase get the win and a bunch of others in the top 5/10 that aren't usually there.

Still not a fan of the reconfigured Phoenix.

When was the last time the top 3 finishers were all looking for their first win? It's too bad California turned out the way it did, because we could be looking at 3 first timers in 4 races to begin the season.

Phoenix was alright. My driver had a poor finish so that sucked. Really happy for Briscoe.

Really interested to see how next week plays out. Superspeedway horsepower levels, but the aero package they’re running everywhere else, so less drag. And less downforce so handling might be a factor.

Last edited:
I just watched the highlights. They really have to do something about people abusing the apron here. Some might find it exciting, but I find it pretty stupid. The track is up there, use it. Letting them do that has made this track terrible.

Last edited:
Phoenix was alright. My driver had a poor finish so that sucked. Really happy for Briscoe.

Really interested to see how next week plays out. Superspeedway horsepower levels, but the aero package they’re running everywhere else, so less drag. And less downforce so handling might be a factor.
The Atlanta package is the exact same as the Daytona/Talladega package, spoiler and all.

The Atlanta package is the exact same as the Daytona/Talladega package, spoiler and all.
It would appear you are correct and I was misremembering a tweet from Pockrass earlier in the week.

Round 3 of the 2022 eNASCAR Coca-Cola iRacing Series from Atlanta Motor Speedway (pre-repave) is live in 15 minutes. The old scan of the track will be run because iRacing has not yet released an updated version of the track.

So in the first month of the NASCAR season we have figured out that SHR has figure out the new car and Gibbs hasnt. Harrison Burton in any way shape or form is not a Cup driver. HMS line of talent goes Larson, Bowman, Elliott and Byron. Yes I hate to give the chosen won any props but Byron should be looking for a job soon. He can thank Liberty U for that. In Xfinity, Noah seems to found his way outta bad habits and Sam Mayer might be the worst driver in the history of the series. He wrecked out in half of his races last year and JRM put him full time in the #1? Why not put Matt D, Brennan Poole or Gray Gaulding in that ride?

Back