2022 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,424 comments
So in the first month of the NASCAR season we have figured out that SHR has figure out the new car and Gibbs hasnt.
You have a pretty short memory there pops. They were running 1-2 just a week prior with 3 to go and got beat on a 2 tire vs 4 tire strategy after a G-W-C. No G-W-C = Gibbs 1-2. Gibbs missed Phoenix pretty bad though. Only 4 races into the season, old timer. Kyle Busch is 2nd in the point standings right now -4 and hasn't even won a race.

Last edited:
Seems the race will serve as the debut of the hybrid package. They're also aiming for GTE-Am times, which seems optimistic based on the times the Gen. 6 cars managed on tracks shared with IMSA.

I really am looking forward to this, hopefully they manage to last the full 24-hours. It will be interesting to see who they get to drive it as well as I have to imagine Hendrick's Cup drivers will be unavailable unless NASCAR decides to have back-to-back off weeks to accommodate both the test and race weekends.

I assume with Goodyear as a partner, all the data they have from the WEC will likely mean that tire will be far different then what is currently being used in Cup. Its not like they can just slap a dunlop GTE tire and slap goodyear logos on it :lol:

Last edited:
Jeff Gordon HAS to be one of the Le Mans drivers

I'm guessing it will lap in the 4:10 range and be as fast as P2s on the straights

Le Mans 2023 is shaping up to be the best edition ever

Last edited:
Jeff Gordon HAS to be one of the Le Mans drivers

I'm guessing it will lap in the 4:10 range and be as fast as P2s on the straights

Le Mans 2023 is shaping up to be the best edition ever
I'm trying to think what would be the best set of drivers they could pull without having current drivers. The best list I could come up with:
Jeff Gordon
Jimmie Johnson
Juan Pablo Montoya
Tony Stewart

The issue is I can't see Stewart moving to run in a Chevrolet since he's committed to Ford.

I'm trying to think what would be the best set of drivers they could pull without having current drivers. The best list I could come up with:
Jeff Gordon
Jimmie Johnson
Juan Pablo Montoya
Tony Stewart

The issue is I can't see Stewart moving to run in a Chevrolet since he's committed to Ford.
Would Fellows or Magnessen work? Fellows would be very familiar with Hendrick (albeit more through Earnhardt Jr but still) and Magnessen is still somewhat active.

Would Fellows or Magnessen work? Fellows would be very familiar with Hendrick (albeit more through Earnhardt Jr but still) and Magnessen is still somewhat active.
Could also argue Boris Said as he ran for Hendrick for a few races in the aughts. I actually am not sure if they would be able to enter Le Mans that way as it would depend on their license (not sure if Gordon or Johnson would be allowed).

Could also argue Boris Said as he ran for Hendrick for a few races in the aughts. I actually am not sure if they would be able to enter Le Mans that way as it would depend on their license (not sure if Gordon or Johnson would be allowed).
If Michael Waltrip can enter I don't see why they couldn't.

Don't know if driving the driving license would matter that much considering this is a Garage 56 Entry (which is never against anyone else). There was that one entry with the Paraplegic driver and they weren't up there in terms of the typical Gold or silver drivers in LMP2 last I checked.

They say Atlanta has been single-mindedly redesigned to yield 3-wide racing from lap 1. Here come the trucks, so let's see!!

Last edited:
They say Atlanta has been single-mindedly redesigned to yield 3-wide racing from lap 1. Here come the trucks, so let's see!!
Watching a bit of the truck race, and it looks like there’s barely enough room for them to even be 3 wide.

Last edited:
New winner Corey Heim in mainly 2-wide racing.

That double white line placement currently confines the racing to the top half of the track

Last edited:
So far not impressed much with the reconfiguration.

Maybe Xfinity & Cup will put on a better show.

An improvement over the truck race, but still not a fan of the new configuration.

We'll see what tomorrow is like

The race feels a bit slow paced. Not sure if it's an improvement so far. Maybe the final stage brings some action.

It’s extremely frustrating that the majority of the crashes today have been caused by tire failures.

Last edited:
YYYEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! BYYYYYYRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNN!!!!!!!!!! HE GOT IIIIITTT!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Back