2022 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,424 comments
Was happy to see Larson win. Was rooting for Suarez. The track itself is garbage so we still don't really know everything about the Next Gen Car.

Man, I'm gutted for Reddick. That car was bad fast. By the end, I was rooting for Suarez. Of course it ended up with one of the usuals, but it was nice to see other faces racing for the win.

Judging by the variety of teams running near the front at different points in the race, this could be an interesting season. There were 9 different teams represented in the top 10 finishing order, with Stewart/Haas being the only one with more than one. If this continues, drivers like Reddick and Suarez will have their day.

The fact that Daniel Hemric made up 6 laps from free passes... that's what stunned me. Then again, Mark Martin making up 2 laps and winning in 1997 (pre free pass era) is still one of the more incredible comebacks.

Man, I'm gutted for Reddick. That car was bad fast. By the end, I was rooting for Suarez. Of course it ended up with one of the usuals, but it was nice to see other faces racing for the win.

Judging by the variety of teams running near the front at different points in the race, this could be an interesting season. There were 9 different teams represented in the top 10 finishing order, with Stewart/Haas being the only one with more than one. If this continues, drivers like Reddick and Suarez will have their day.
Same, wish Suarez was more aggressive there.

That was fun. I never felt bored watching the race which isn't something that happens very often. I was pleased with what I saw.

It was indeed an eventful and amusing race. Too bad about Reddick, though he will surely become a star in time. In many ways the new car seems an improvement, but the low profile tires obviously make dealing with flats way more difficult. The Toyota teams seem a little behind the curve, and work needs to be done to those wheels to prevent thread galling.

Round 2 of the 2022 eNASCAR Coca-Cola iRacing Series from Las Vegas is live in 30 minutes!

Per Jayski:
287C24B8-65EE-4ABF-9173-435FADBE71A0.jpeg

I am ashamed I don't post more. I am a HUGE petrol head.

Anyhow...I saw highlights of the Wise Power 400 on FreeSports and when I went on YouTube the NASCAR Channel has a full race replay of it. It looks good. My first forray into NASCAR.

Is it any good? They say it is boring but I am open minded.

Tuned in for the Xfinity race but FS1 is messed up. Is FS1 frozen for anyone else?

EDIT: It's working again.

Last edited:
Tuned in for the Xfinity race but FS1 is messed up. Is FS1 frozen for anyone else?
Looks to be working for me in the Fox Sports App.
I am ashamed I don't post more. I am a HUGE petrol head.

Anyhow...I saw highlights of the Wise Power 400 on FreeSports and when I went on YouTube the NASCAR Channel has a full race replay of it. It looks good. My first forray into NASCAR.

Is it any good? They say it is boring but I am open minded.
I can tell you I wouldn’t be tuning in every single week if it was boring. Sure, you might get a bit of a snoozer every now and then but so far all the races this year have been great. Give this weekends race a watch if you can.

Well, I suppose this type of race was inevitable, hopefully it's not a sign of what we can expect from all the 1.5 mile tracks with the new car.

On the bright side it seems like there's surprisingly few damaged cars considering how many cautions there's been.

Pretty good race. Lot’s of passing through the field. Lot more interesting then the 550 package we’ve had the past few years. Dirty air dosen’t seem as bad as it was last year, but it’s still a pretty big factor. Especially for fights between 1st and 2nd.

Alex Bowman has a new t-shirt:

Good drivers put themselves into position to win. I'm sure Kyle's "backed into a win" on a few occasions.

Out of curiosity, I looked at his wins. I don't really recall how most of these races went, but it's still interesting to look at the stats.
Win #1 - 2019 Chicagoland: led 88 laps, including the final 6 laps where he beat Larson and the last 91 laps were run under green.
Win #1 - 2020 Fontana: led 110 of 200 laps, including final 34. Busch finished 2nd, led 0 laps.
Win #3 - 2021 Richmond: maybe you could say he had some luck, took the lead after a restart with 10 to go and hung on for the win, only laps led of the race.
Win #4 - 2021 Dover: led 98 laps, 97 of them on the run to the finish, outdueled Larson again.
Win #5 - 2021 Pocono: okay, you can go ahead and say he "backed" into this one if you want. Larson blew his tire in the final turn, but Bowman had been leading only 4 laps earlier. And who finished 2nd? Busch, who was not in position to win because he was 3rd on the final lap, not 2nd like the lucky effer who ended up in victory lane. :lol:
Win #6 - 2021 Martinsville: my memory is so bad, I can't even remember how this race went even though it was the penultimate race of the season. In any case, Bowman led only 9 laps, but he held on during a green-white-checkered and beat...you guessed it, Busch to the line. Busch led 0 laps

I think Busch may just be salty he has finished 2nd to Bowman 3 times.

Good drivers put themselves into position to win. I'm sure Kyle's "backed into a win" on a few occasions.
I know of 2 right off the top of my head. 2013 Auto Club 400 when Hamlin and Logano took each other out (broke Hamlin's back) and the 2021 Clash when Blaney and Elliot took each other out. Non points race but it happened. But I think people are making this into too much of a deal. Kyle is Kyle and you love him for it even if you hate the guy. Also making shirts about incidents and donating money to charity is a play straight out of Kyle Busch's own book. It's not like Bowman originated it. Kyle has also decided to join the fun and has all the shirts on his site 48% off.

Last edited:

Out of curiosity, I looked at his wins. I don't really recall how most of these races went, but it's still interesting to look at the stats.
Win #1 - 2019 Chicagoland: led 88 laps, including the final 6 laps where he beat Larson and the last 91 laps were run under green.
Win #1 - 2020 Fontana: led 110 of 200 laps, including final 34. Busch finished 2nd, led 0 laps.
Win #3 - 2021 Richmond: maybe you could say he had some luck, took the lead after a restart with 10 to go and hung on for the win, only laps led of the race.
Win #4 - 2021 Dover: led 98 laps, 97 of them on the run to the finish, outdueled Larson again.
Win #5 - 2021 Pocono: okay, you can go ahead and say he "backed" into this one if you want. Larson blew his tire in the final turn, but Bowman had been leading only 4 laps earlier. And who finished 2nd? Busch, who was not in position to win because he was 3rd on the final lap, not 2nd like the lucky effer who ended up in victory lane. :lol:
Win #6 - 2021 Martinsville: my memory is so bad, I can't even remember how this race went even though it was the penultimate race of the season. In any case, Bowman led only 9 laps, but he held on during a green-white-checkered and beat...you guessed it, Busch to the line. Busch led 0 laps

I think Busch may just be salty he has finished 2nd to Bowman 3 times.
Plus you could argue his 2015 championship, which he shouldn't have been eligible for in the first place, he got lucky on as well.

In other news, looks like there will be another ex-F1 driver attempting NASCAR this year:

Last edited:
The hauler driver for DGR's ARCA team was killed in a nasty wreck on the way to Phoenix. :(

In other news, looks like there will be another ex-F1 driver attempting NASCAR this year:

I'll file that one in the "I'll believe it when I see it" section. Granted this year has been full of surprises in that area with both The Money Team and NY Racing not only showing up but actually being somewhat competent.

Last edited:
Back