2022 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,424 comments
A big thing with these new cars is going to be broken rear tow links not giving them the chance to limp back to the pits. Tow trucks are going to be busier.

Last edited:
I know weird things happen all the time in these races, but both Rick Ware cars finished in the top 20 with one being a top 10, it's going to take a bit for that to sink in...

Was hoping Blaney would get around him but I'm fine with Cindric winning.

Next week will be interesting as it will be the first true test to see where everyone is at performance wise.

Ford's plate stuff is OP'ed hopefully the other manufacturers catch up sometime soon. Really wanted Elliott to take that one.

2 time champion and winner of 59 Cup races buddy.
Plus a good bit of luck, as quite a lot of people crashed or had wheel problems in front of him.

Absolutely fantastic race for Cindric, who goes on to win at Daytona before Keselowski did. And speaking of Keselowski, I am in no way a NASCAR expert and haven't followed the past two or three season, but am I mistaken in thinking if he won't get his head straight one of these days he's going to cause a wreck somebody will leave in an ambulance?

Plus a good bit of luck, as quite a lot of people crashed or had wheel problems in front of him.

Absolutely fantastic race for Cindric, who goes on to win at Daytona before Keselowski did. And speaking of Keselowski, I am in no way a NASCAR expert and haven't followed the past two or three season, but am I mistaken in thinking if he won't get his head straight one of these days he's going to cause a wreck somebody will leave in an ambulance?
Brad is an artist when it comes wrecking. IMHO he was the key player in the race.

These cars are are like bank vaults racing between padded walls, making the drivers fearless. But Logano said pushing was like pushing one marble with another. Probably the bumpers need to be a bit less rounded.

That was a good race. Glad to see Penske and the #2 get the win.

We opted not to go down to Florida this year, which probably explains why there wasn't any rain this year. :lol:

We replicated the experience as much as we could though. I went over to the parents' house and watched the race with my Dad. Drank a bunch of the old man's beer and had a giant sub sandwich. Still a good time.

The ads got in the way of my viewing:grumpy:

Anyway, this race was good with plenty of action, chaos, heartbreak and surprises. The racing was fun to watch with all sorts of pushing and shoving in the pack, showing to us that the Gen 7 can handle the super speedways and give us some strong competition. It took a while for Gen 6 to figure out the pack racing so it's good to see that the new car has the package right from day 1. I really wanted Bubba to win but 2nd place is still a huge result for that team and I'd be interested to see if they can carry the momentum through to the playoffs. Cindric made a statement of intent by winning this race so he'll be on everyone's radar now. Penske was right to back him in because he made an immediate impact. Let's just hope the victory doesn't get to his head.

No. This will be the last race on the old configuration.
There's actually a chance it won't be the last.

It's not too surprising they are reconsidering either considering how much everything has gone up in price since the initial announcement.

The issue is that Fontana BADLY needs a repave at this point.

So they need to make up their mind on if they're gonna convert it to a half mile or just repave the big track, and once that decision is made it'll be final.

Personally, I hope they keep it a 2 miler. It's a semi-unique style of track and Indycar also badly needs to race there again.

The track seems insanely bumpy, Chastain, Harvick and Wallace all crashed during practice and will miss qualifying as a result. Buescher also spun but was able to continue without going to the garage (at least I don't think he did).

Still not a fan of this practice and qualifying format, hopefully we don't end up with a worst case scenario and get a 2008 Brickyard 400 level disaster.

Edit: Penske on pole in both INDYCAR and NASCAR, both with his newest driver as well. Hopefully tomorrow isn’t a caution fest.

Last edited:
So 10 total incidents between practice and qualifying. Sunday might take a while. Really hope they can figure something out to keep the cars from getting stuck when they have a flat tire.
Also Erik Jones in P2 was quite unexpected.

Sunday might take a while.
My hope is that since they don't go ten-tenths during most of the race they won't attack the apron so hard as that combined with the already bumpy surface seems to be the biggest issue. Close racing may be an issue though as it seems they are hard enough to handle alone so it may not take a lot of contact to send someone spinning, and with a fair number of fast cars starting at the back there will be a lot of cars trying to work their way up the field.

Last edited:
Back