2022 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,424 comments
Logano gonna need the money he saved at the pump to fix his car up.

Logano's car didn't really look all that tore up, these cars are really durable. That car would've been totaled last year.

Logano's car didn't really look all that tore up, these cars are really durable. That car would've been totaled last year.
I saw that the rear suspension was broken. Front didn’t look too bad. It wouldn’t surprise me if he went to a backup.

I actually remembered to watch the Duels. Utterly discouraged, especially with how the packs couldn't even come close to getting back together once broken up.

Perhaps some of the best news we could get, there's no rain in the forecast!

Those Fords are fast in a pack.
Makes you wonder why Chevy and Toyota didn't spend more time on it during practice. Ford dedicated most of the practice sessions to running in packs and it seems while they've lost the qualifying battle (nobody remembers who starts first) they've put themselves in a very good spot to win the war.

Truck series race about to end at a reasonable time frame then they wreck before start finish. Overtime incoming. And yes race control hit the button for the caution before they crossed start finish.
529EC27B-5F53-43DE-BB2A-9427D800D378.jpeg

Last edited:
Front Row has certainly been having a good week, fast car in Cup and a win in Trucks.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's Xfinity race.

Austin Hill wins a very entertaining Xfinity Series opener.
Scary crash in the midfield on the backstretch with Snyder going airborn into the catch fence. Luckily he got out of the car and appears to be alright.

Last edited:
Recorded the race and watched on a delay.

I expected the final laps to be wild, but wow. Nice to see Snider is Ok.

So uhh where'd the Engine run off too?
Ripped from the car and punted across the infield. They showed it being carried away by a tow truck at one point.

Last edited:
Great analysis from Fred Smith from Road and Track about the style of racing we might see today.

Chase has signed an extension with Hendrick, really the only surprise is it's only 5 years and not a Jeff Gordon style lifetime deal.

I'm wondering if there wasn't as much pressure on Chase to get a contract deal yet as compared to Gordon. Jeff already had 3 titles by the time he signed the contract and he was getting offers from Chip Ganassi (possibly to run in Indy/Cart or a dual deal as Chip started in NASCAR the next year) and from Jerry Jones (to form a new team) in 2000. While Chase is immensely popular and could equal Gordon on the titles by the time his career ends, he might need to win another one before Rick (or possibly Jeff himself) offer him a lifetime contract, which would include ownership of his team.

Last edited:
Back