2022 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,424 comments
The number looks absolutely tiny. It's going to take me a long time to get on board with the movement of them forward.
For me the # positioning is just fine, it's just that I thought teams would have given us far more creative, vibrant schemes than what we've seen so far to compliment the forward movement of the number. Also with all that extra room on the side of the cars ideally you'd think it would push the designer's creativity some. I'm a Chase fan, but his new paint job is just uninspired and boring to me.

Candy Man's Battery car is the best we've seen so far, followed by Bacon Boi's.

Candy.jpg
Bacon.jpg

For me the # positioning is just fine, it's just that I thought teams would have given us far more creative, vibrant schemes than what we've seen so far to compliment the forward movement of the number. Also with all that extra room on the side of the cars ideally you'd think it would push the designer's creativity some. I'm a Chase fan, but his new paint job is just uninspired and boring to me.
Keep in mind they're also at the mercy of the sponsor's marketing departments, who probably want as similar a design as possible from last year's (because that way they can recycle existing promotional material for one more year and save some money), which is why a lot of them are just taking the existing design and shunting everything forwards. I imagine we won't see the real potential of the extra space until they start doing special one-offs to really experiment with it.

It should go a little better since it seems there's a good chance nobody will go home, which is probably why the team is even bothering giving it a go.
38 teams at best are confirmed for the 500 aside from the 27 team.

Remember when 10-15 or even more cars would miss the 500?
TuKf61l.jpeg
Granted most of them were either one-offs running a larger team's year old equipment, or the team themselves running a 4th/5th/6th entry with their own year-old equipment, or a Busch team running their parent Cup team's year old equipment, and you would never see those cars for the rest of the year after their 500 attempt.

I’ll be updating the OP later today with the schedule.

EDIT: The OP has now been updated with the new schedule.

Last edited:
So guess who've jumped into the NFT train:

I'm gonna bet that Junior got paid a flat fee by this Autograph company to use his name and he won't see a cent from the sales of these, even if they go for way more than what he was paid. That seems to be the general M.O. for these crypto-bro outfits.

RWR has confirmed they're cutting back to 2 cars, Cody will be in the #51 full time while the #15 will be a revolving door with David Ragan and Ryan Preece being two of the drivers.

Apart from Cody returning everything I've heard over the last few months fills me with hope Rick is finally trying to make his team something other than a running joke. Hopefully that is indeed the case.

RWR has confirmed they're cutting back to 2 cars, Cody will be in the #51 full time while the #15 will be a revolving door with David Ragan and Ryan Preece being two of the drivers.

Apart from Cody returning everything I've heard over the last few months fills me with hope Rick is finally trying to make his team something other than a running joke. Hopefully that is indeed the case.
Shame that Davison might not get another chance. I wonder if he has a ride anywhere for 2022.

Back