2022 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,424 comments
Hope he made sure he's guaranteed some money. That company looks shady (coin was created 11/3 & barely has 2,000 followers on social media tmu), & doesn't look like it can front the cost to run a full seasoned race car. Seen some screen shots where they even acknowledge they're a meme coin & tell people don't expect any actual profit.

What's weird is I could've sworn I came across a headline where Brandon wanted to stay out of that political circus b/c it was costing him sponsorships.
I read the same. Sponsors weren't interested because of the association with LGB.

And if NASCAR doesn't approve LGBCoin, it looks like he's screwed both ways.

Been watching a lot of old bill elliott footage and I think if he didn't pursue ownership like he did, he could have won 60-70 races in total.

I read the same. Sponsors weren't interested because of the association with LGB.

And if NASCAR doesn't approve LGBCoin, it looks like he's screwed both ways.
Considering LGBCoin is yet another fad cryptocurrency that's clearly just trying to turn a quick buck off a controversy, I don't see how it's sustainable anyway. Especailly now that many countries are prohibiting trade in this exact kind of "hot topic" coins.

Only thing I can figure is if it's not just a rug pull scam where they intend to disappear after an initial swell of investors, they're hoping they can draw the attention of that crypto exchange that's sponsoring Landon Cassill. But it's pretty obvious that group is keeping their wagon hitched exclusively to him, and even they're looking kinda sketch these days as most cryptocrap tends to be eventually.

Been watching a lot of old bill elliott footage and I think if he didn't pursue ownership like he did, he could have won 60-70 races in total.

But then we probably wouldn't have had one of the nicest looking paint schemes of the late '90s:
94drivethru02.jpg

Last edited:
Considering LGBCoin is yet another fad cryptocurrency that's clearly just trying to turn a quick buck off a controversy, I don't see how it's sustainable anyway. Especailly now that many countries are prohibiting trade in this exact kind of "hot topic" coins.

Only thing I can figure is if it's not just a rug pull scam where they intend to disappear after an initial swell of investors, they're hoping they can draw the attention of that crypto exchange that's sponsoring Landon Cassill. But it's pretty obvious that group is keeping their wagon hitched exclusively to him, and even they're looking kinda sketch these days as most cryptocrap tends to be eventually.

But then we probably wouldn't have had one of the nicest looking paint schemes of the late '90s:
94drivethru02.jpg
That's not the batmobile.

1641023492029.png

That's not the batmobile.

View attachment 1102891
You just had to remind me that movie exists, didn't you?

Also, Matt Kenseth's proper Cup debut was subbing in for Elliott at Dover in '98 after his Talladega qualifying attempt in Roush's 6th-team car failed. (Remember when Roush was so dominant they could enter 6 cars in a race and not care if a couple didn't make it in that week?) So had Bill not been running his own team at that time to give him that opportunity to show what he could do in decent equipment, Roush might have had second thoughts about pulling Kenseth and the #17 team up from the Busch series and history would be quite different.

So anyone who disagrees with your opinion is a troll?
It's not a my opinion/your opinion thing. I'm not a fan of Bill or Ron. Doesn't change the fact that the HOF has drivers in there without half the accolades of either of the 2. To focus on the 2 guys you don't like being in the HOF is some weird personal issue you have with yourself. Anyone who posts here over the past couple of years knows you are a troll. It ain't just me, chief.

It's not a my opinion/your opinion thing. I'm not a fan of Bill or Ron. Doesn't change the fact that the HOF has drivers in there without half the accolades of either of the 2. To focus on the 2 guys you don't like being in the HOF is some weird personal issue you have with yourself. Anyone who posts here over the past couple of years knows you are a troll. It ain't just me, chief.
Suddenly, the Chase Elliot hatred makes way more sense then just salty Gordon fanboy nonsense. And yep, he's actually 90% the reason I don't post alot in here and instead just check in.

Last edited:
Last edited:
But yet they allowed a domestic terrorist group to be displayed on a car. Good job NASCAR on the double standard and keep watching the ratings fall and the stands to be even more empty in 2022.

But yet they allowed a domestic terrorist group to be displayed on a car. Good job NASCAR on the double standard and keep watching the ratings fall and the stands to be even more empty in 2022.
Except hilariously, the request for it was listed only as "Crytocurrency". Nice job trying to shoehorn more political nonsense then there already is.

Brandon Brown's sponsorship has been denied. NASCAR reportedly told Brandon back in November it would not approve any deal with the phrase.
My big takeaway from this is that post-win interviews need to go back to Victory Lane as soon as (safely) possible.

Also, to give further context on this deal being doomed from the start:

I know Brandon's situation sucks, and it was caused by factors not at all in his control, but this seems to be a case of "play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

I know Brandon's situation sucks, and it was caused by factors not at all in his control, but this seems to be a case of "play stupid games, win stupid prizes."
It seems like the endgame here was just to hope that it drummed up enough controversy to draw in suckers investors to push LGBCoin, which makes me even more certain that it's shady as hell. I mean, I hate that the guy's career has been basically poisoned by halfwits with the political acumen of a severely impaired box turtle, but getting involved with this even in a self-deprecating manner is just reflecting even more poorly on him.

Fly by night ponzi schemes. So hot right now!
Eh, cryptocrap being shady is nothing new. It's just a touch surprising how many of them are taking on such a public face in the last year or so, especially with several countries clamping down on crypto trading and computer hardware companies actively turning their backs on mining.

Maybe Brandon can sell some NFTs, that seems to be the preferred method of seperating tech-oblivious idiots from their cash these days.

Seems to be desperation behind the scene on getting funding for the upcoming season.

Brandon shooting his foot off in the few times since his win hasn't done any favors.

Seems to be desperation behind the scene on getting funding for the upcoming season.

Brandon shooting his foot off in the few times since his win hasn't done any favors.
Didn't help that he became the target of all of the vitriol and as a result, lost all sponsorships.

Didn't help that he became the target of all of the vitriol and as a result, lost all sponsorships.
Indeed. I have sympathy for Brown's general situation, primarily because he got screwed by a bunch of morons that he has 0 affiliation with. This is the first time I've ever heard of a driver's career taking a massive hit because of winning a race.

In other, more positive news:

It seems like the endgame here was just to hope that it drummed up enough controversy to draw in suckers investors to push LGBCoin, which makes me even more certain that it's shady as hell. I mean, I hate that the guy's career has been basically poisoned by halfwits with the political acumen of a severely impaired box turtle, but getting involved with this even in a self-deprecating manner is just reflecting even more poorly on him.
What has a box turtle ever done to deserve this 💩?

The number looks absolutely tiny. It's going to take me a long time to get on board with the movement of them forward.
At the same time, it looks much less cluttered than having a large sponsor crammed onto the left and right of the number like some teams tried over the last couple years. It'll probably take a couple revisions to strike a good visual balance, but at least it'll be more consistent overall.

Back