2022 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,424 comments
If this Elliott Hooters scheme is accurate, the driver name might be moved over the drivers left because of the duct that’s gonna be in the windshield.
BC4AD84E-1E22-49C6-B38D-4DD8DD69047A.jpeg

C869E1EF-9664-4D74-B6D1-771BA10D6F81.jpeg

If this was the cost for Martinsville to have a night race, then I’d rather it be held in the day.

Biffle may make a 500 run.

MBM is also supposedly fielding a second car, which means we may actually see bumping this year after all. Granted I still think they should expand the grid capacity for the 500, especially this year.

Here's my video from the Phoenix test. The video has some sort of flicker going on and I tried several times to get rid of it. The raw files are fine. 🤷‍♂️

Also, here's raw video of the #14 car shifting during a lap.

I don’t think I’ll be convinced this is actually happening until the car takes the start of it’s duel race.

I don’t think I’ll be convinced this is actually happening until the car takes the start of it’s duel race.
That's certainly the smart thing to do. Having said that it seems like a decent attempt, they have a well known sponsor and not a shady crypto one, Kaz has talent, Eury knows how to set up a car and the rest of the team is what's left of StarCom, who were at least capable of getting a car onto the track.

None of the other open entries really strike me as guarantees either so they have a decent shot at making the field.

Tonight is the first night of the eNASCAR Coca-Cola iRacing series in 2022. Starting the season off with their own version of the Clash. Scheduled to start in 2 hours from this post.

That's certainly the smart thing to do. Having said that it seems like a decent attempt, they have a well known sponsor and not a shady crypto one, Kaz has talent, Eury knows how to set up a car and the rest of the team is what's left of StarCom, who were at least capable of getting a car onto the track.

None of the other open entries really strike me as guarantees either so they have a decent shot at making the field.
I wouldn't be terribly shocked if they managed to get in and make a mid-pack finish. There's enough unknown quantities going into this year's race that staying out of trouble and just being competent should yield decent results.

Now the rest of the races they plan to run this year, that's where the real test is. There have been plenty of teams in the past that threw everything into making a good 500 showing and then were a complete non-entity everywhere else, so what they do elsewhere is where it's really going to matter.

Tonight is the first night of the eNASCAR Coca-Cola iRacing series in 2022. Starting the season off with their own version of the Clash. Scheduled to start in 2 hours from this post.

"Stream suspended for policy violations"

WTF.

Stream got taken down for violating YouTube policies somehow. Here’s backup stream:

Last edited:
I wouldn't be terribly shocked if they managed to get in and make a mid-pack finish. There's enough unknown quantities going into this year's race that staying out of trouble and just being competent should yield decent results.

Now the rest of the races they plan to run this year, that's where the real test is. There have been plenty of teams in the past that threw everything into making a good 500 showing and then were a complete non-entity everywhere else, so what they do elsewhere is where it's really going to matter.
Daytona is a complete wild card. If you have the speed you can win pretty much.

What is it with these cryptocurrency sponsored teams????
There aren't many companies that can justify the expense of motorsports sponsorship these days. Cryptocrap outfits who are operating mostly on other people's money, however, will jump at the opportunity to advertise to potential suckers investors in a legitimate and not-so-regulated manner like this.

There aren't many companies that can justify the expense of motorsports sponsorship these days. Cryptocrap outfits who are operating mostly on other people's money, however, will jump at the opportunity to advertise to potential suckers investors in a legitimate and not-so-regulated manner like this.
In addition, if the currency crashes, they can get free publicity without actually spending any money (even if it turns out to be a Ponzi scheme).

Cars have hit the track, albeit for an NBC promo shoot so they're not going 100%.

Much like Bristol Dirt I'm interested to see how this goes but am weary about it being anything more than a one-off. It's certainly more intriguing than another year at Daytona so it already has that going for it.

After watching practice, I'm a bit more optimistic that the event won't be a caution-fest. Cars look great on track, especially with the lower roofs. Also check out Cassill in the top ten on the speed chart.

I forgot Ty was in the 42. I kinda wish he and Jones swapped places so the Dillon boys could have the legendary numbers :lol:

Back