2023-24 Formula 1 Off-Track Thread

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 825 comments
Friends, remember the 2012 season when:

• A big move by Hamilton to a new team is announced for a season right before a big regs shakeup
  • A French Driver at Team Enstone being abit of a menace.
  • Red Bull beginning to tear apart internally
  • There were 7 different winners before the summer break

Guess what's happened this season...
Yes, history seems to be repeating itself, now we just need an 8th winner and Max to narrowly retain the title....

Last edited:
Yes, history seems to be repeating itself, now we just need an 8th winner and Max to narrowly retain the title....
Should Perez remember he's in a Red Bull, an 8th winner is a possibility.

Should Perez remember he's in a Red Bull, an 8th winner is a possibility.
He gonna have to do it by this weekend & with the chance of something happening that takes Max out of the running b/c I don't see Max letting Checo beat him after 2 of the last 3 weekends have resulted in situations nearly ending his own races altogether & clearly pissing him off.

Friends, remember the 2012 season when:

• A big move by Hamilton to a new team is announced for a season right before a big regs shakeup
  • A French Driver at Team Enstone being abit of a menace.
  • Red Bull beginning to tear apart internally
  • There were 7 different winners before the summer break

Guess what's happened this season...
So you're saying Williams will win a race this season?

Roo
So you're saying Williams will win a race this season?
It took a cosmic level event for it to happen last time and given how suddenly unpredictable things have gotten, there's still a chance...

@RACECAR Don't forget the fact that McLaren is taking multiple wins in a season, last time that happened was 2012, and also the last time any win was recorded by them (with the exception of Monza 2021)

Curiously, even the Constructors' championship is almost the same as of Hungary! In 2012, post-race, Red Bull were leading McLaren by 53 points. 51 points gap in 2024 👀

Last edited:
@RACECAR Don't forget the fact that McLaren is taking multiple wins in a season, last time that happened was 2012, and also the last time any win was recorded by them (with the exception of Monza 2021)

Curiously, even the Constructors' championship is almost the same as of Hungary! In 2012, post-race, Red Bull were leading McLaren by 53 points. 51 points gap in 2024 👀
Coincidence?

I like how instead of choosing sides, Audi just decided to get rid of both bosses. Binotto is a win for them.

James Key is probably next to go if they don't make a big step.

Last edited:
I like how instead of choosing sides, Audi just decided to get rid of both bosses. Binotto is a win for them.

James Key is probably next to go if they don't make a big step.
This is certainly going well and they haven't even started yet.

Confirmed that Bruno is out at the end of August, being put in charge of other divisions. "A new team principal will be announced in due course".

@Veinz, just throw your hat in the ring at this point. You've consistently been calling them out for this musical chair act, at least you can go in knowing you'll be out at some point, so run wild with your team decisions.

Confirmed that Bruno is out at the end of August, being put in charge of other divisions. "A new team principal will be announced in due course".

@Veinz, just throw your hat in the ring at this point. You've consistently been calling them out for this musical chair act, at least you can go in knowing you'll be out at some point, so run wild with your team decisions.
Do we need to be French to work for Alpine? I can fly over there if they allow me on for 1 month and pay for my airfare.

Do we need to be French to work for Alpine? I can fly over there if they allow me on for 1 month and pay for my airfare.
Generous of you to assume they will give you a month.
Leave Go GIF by First We Feast

Edit* Looks like Renault is also making it official they are done building engines.

Last edited:
I admire Norris and Albon for their loyalty to their teams that, when they joined, weren't up to much compared to the leaders. But through the years McLaren has come good for Norris, and Albon always seems to have his name mentioned when a Williams punches above its weight.

Something to be said for believing in the team long term rather than trying to catch the attention of Toto or Christian.

Last edited:
Money's on Toto. Guy's got the experience AND is in far better shape then both Horner and Zak, though I wouldn't count out Vowles just on the age factor.

Money's on Toto. Guy's got the experience AND is in far better shape then both Horner and Zak, though I wouldn't count out Vowles just on the age factor.
Zak does a lot of track days, though. He's out in California at the moment at the Monterey Motorsport Reunion in a Williams FW07B, Jaguar XJR-9, & a BMW. I'm guessing that's why he's the one issuing the challenge b/c he stays active.

Back