2024 US Presidential Election Thread

• Thread starter ryzno
  • 3,963 comments
It's interesting that these two aren't equivalent though.

Anyone besides him will do vs. Nobody but him will do

One of those positions is way more reasonable than the other. The "nobody but him will do" crowd doesn't care what dear leader does, or anyone else does, they're already dug 6 feet in.
You're absolutely correct that they are not equivalent to a reasonable person. But Trump supporters are not reasonable people. They may - and most often do - think they are, but they are not. Arguing with a Trump supporter immediately devolves to them effectively saying "I know you are, but what am I?" but not in those words. As soon as you make any criticism of him, they start screaming "TRUMP DERANGEMENT SYNDROME!" and accuse you of being brainwashed...

But it's still better to avoid playing into their false equivalency, because that just proves them even righter in their own minds.

I think that's the reason why Dems should and hopefully do concentrate their efforts on trying to convince non-cultists by being as truthful as they can. It shouldn't matter whether MAGAs are a lost cause or not if they don't make up a majority of voters in any given constituency.

GXUOb_TXQAAMUiS.jpeg

GXUOmb6WAAAZA-X.jpeg

Last edited:
Some folks are pointing out that Trump doesn't seem to be trying very hard to win. Some are even saying they think he might want to lose (I remember hearing this in 2016 and 2020). I think it's evidence that he has a backup plan.

He said in 2020 that you'll need the conservative supreme court to decide the election, right before he sent a mob to kill the rest of the US government. I'm sure the supreme court is still on his mind.

Last edited:
Some folks are pointing out that Trump doesn't seem to be trying to win very hard. Some are even saying they think he might want to lose. I think it's evidence that he has a backup plan.
His backup plan is probably to do what he did in 2020. However, this time, he may have enough support through a compromised voting official system.

Back