2024 US Presidential Election Thread

• Thread starter ryzno
  • 3,495 comments
My "cause" with that response was to help you understand why you got the response you did. If I wasn't helping my cause it's because I didn't get the message through. I'll try again, because I'm apparently a glutton for punishment.

If you're not a conspiracy theorist about alexa or whatever, which I'm still not entirely sure of, just say so. If you are a conspiracy theorist about that, just say so. Nothing about that exchange helped any of us detect future sarcasm (if that's what it was), so if you try again, it will get similar results.

Rent free, champ.

And yes, I poke fun at everything. Both political sides, myself, and other people unbeknownst to them - which occasional ALSO INCLUDES MYSELF 😳

Here what I was referring to..

🙄

Now, I'm very well aware that I'm viewed as the Michael Scott within the ranks of the mental giants that inhabit this particular knitting circle...

However, I've been slowly metabolizing for a while now....the stale, ground tea leaves that are very resemblant of my other buddy
Andy Bernard - from one of the smart guys in here

Last edited:
Calling out "rent free" from a member who referenced two other members who don't respond to him & bringing up another member's post from another thread?

Brady Bunch K GIF

If you're not a conspiracy theorist about alexa or whatever, which I'm still not entirely sure of, just say so. If you are a conspiracy theorist about that, just say so. Nothing about that exchange helped any of us detect future sarcasm (if that's what it was), so if you try again, it will get similar results.
It turns out that Poe's Law works on all sorts of things. If someone says a straightfaced "joke" that is directly in line with beliefs that they have previously sincerely stated, then normal, sensible people will probably assume that this is just more of their sincere beliefs.

It's why we have emojis, so that we can indicate that something is said with a smile and a wink. But some people still think that everyone should be mind readers, despite them also regularly misinterpreting what other people say.
Now, I'm very well aware that I'm viewed as the Michael Scott within the ranks of the mental giants that inhabit this particular knitting circle...
The Michael Scott that is desperate for admiration and friendship from everyone around him, and does weird, silly things in his attempt to make other people like and/or notice him?

I hadn't thought of it that way, but now that you point it out it is kind of apt.

And yes, I poke fun at everything. Both political sides, myself, and other people unbeknownst to them - which occasional ALSO INCLUDES MYSELF 😳
Ah, so you're claiming to be one of those 'centrists', a bit like Tim Pool!

You are not balanced in your posting, you have a clear political bias way to the right, and if you think otherwise, you are deluding yourself.

Rent free, champ.

Here what I was referring to..

🙄

However, I've been slowly metabolizing for a while now....the stale, ground tea leaves that are very resemblant of my other buddy
Andy Bernard - from one of the smart guys in here

Why have you guys been arguing for two pages about this? @Danoff It's clear that neither of you get along so I don't understand why you're interacting with each other. The mission will never be accomplished. Just call each other assholes and get on with it, I'm tired of having to sift through crap to get any info from this thread.

Last edited:
This whole conversation has been like when Elon told advertisers to go 🤬 themselves and then mugged to the audience waiting for people to laugh, except at least Elon was speaking the same language as the audience.

Thanks for posting the requested link. Back to my previous train of thought, what are you thoughts on this? Conspiracy? Honest mistake?
Inside op. Either sincere as by someone with access who doesn't represent Amazon in any meaningful way trying (somehow?) to help Kamala win or malicious as by someone with access who doesn't represent Amazon in any meaningful way trying to hurt the company. Whichever it is, I expect the individual responsible is known (internal access and change logs are probably in effect, espcially at a tech company and moreso at one as large as Amazon) and no longer employed by the company. I do expect it to be the latter, though. I mean let's be realistic.

It's the only one that makes sense at all. It's significant enough that it's not likely to be a mishap, and the optics are so bad and the potential for meaningful influence so slim even without regard for said optics that it's not likely to be a decision run up the chain and implemented with approval.

Thanks for posting the requested link. Back to my previous train of thought, what are you thoughts on this? Conspiracy? Honest mistake?
I only have experience with AI as a user and not a programmer but I'm leaning towards mistake. It's a gut feeling, but I think it's a product of the tools Alexa has been given by her human (and fallible) creators.

I'm not entirely sure how it's possible that I have more money than Tim Walz. But based on this financial disclosure, that's what it looks like. No doubt there is some equity tied up in a house or two that isn't listed. Or something like that. Or does he live in a governor's mansion? I bet more than a few people on this forum would have financial disclosures that are larger than Tim's.

It's this kind of thing that pokes holes in the right wing conspiracies about all powerful Democrats. Tim is just a guy. That's why he knows how to buy a donut and how to maintain gutters. They're all just people, of course, but having lots of money can make you a little weird.

Well, one candidate has been found guilty on 34 felony counts of falsified business records, found guilty of sexual abuse of E Jean Carroll, has been impeached TWICE while he was President, incited an insurrection against the US Government when he lost the 2020 election, tried to get his Vice President to overturn the results of the 2020 election which in turn had his supporters making death threats against the VP, tried to get the official in Georgia to "go find me 11,000 votes", blackmailed Ukraine by threatening to withhold aid unless they went after a political rival of his, said that he has a right to interfere in elections.

And the other candidate is Kamala Harris.

Alexa isn't stupid.

I'm not entirely sure how it's possible that I have more money than Tim Walz. But based on this financial disclosure, that's what it looks like. No doubt there is some equity tied up in a house or two that isn't listed. Or something like that. Or does he live in a governor's mansion? I bet more than a few people on this forum would have financial disclosures that are larger than Tim's.

It's this kind of thing that pokes holes in the right wing conspiracies about all powerful Democrats. Tim is just a guy. That's why he knows how to buy a donut and how to maintain gutters. They're all just people, of course, but having lots of money can make you a little weird.
Okay but if you asked Alexa "who you would trust in a big box store" and she said "Tim Walz" that's all the proof I need.

Last edited:
6'3" guy exhibits short man syndrome. Would the following include shoe lifts, by any chance?:

GW4K-fPWMAAjaAf.jpeg

Meanwhile Trump's legal expert has a rock solid defence:

Last edited:
Hiring only the best and brightest, Trump. Her argument means Biden (lol sorry, Kamala) can in fact use the DOJ to go after his political opponent b/c it's an official act of office & those are immune from prosecution. Also, Trump himself said election interference is something you have every right to do.

Just unwavering stupidity, esp. from a woman who I'm pretty sure was dumped long ago by Dear Leader for costing him $80+ million.
Simon Cowell Thumbs Up GIF by America's Got Talent

Last edited:
Bush's endorsement would be welcomed just to see what MAGA has to say, but it's not all that surprising he's staying out of it again, I suppose. Given that the Dems have their entire Presidential "roster" backing them alongside 2 Republican VPs that will not vote for Trump, I wager Bush remaining quiet speaks more against the GOP ticket than it does for the Dem's.

Last edited:
Bush's endorsement would be welcomed just to see what MAGA has to say, but it's not all that surprising he's staying out of it again, I suppose. Given that the Dems have their entire Presidential "roster" backing them alongside 2 Republican VPs that will not vote for Trump, I wager Bush remaining quiet speaks more against the GOP ticket than it does for the Dem's.

Yea, staying quiet definitely says something about Trump. But I'm a little surprised that he's staying quiet because it doesn't seem like all he could do for the country.

Bush publicly endorsing the Democrats might cost at least some votes as people who utterly reviled him and his presidency would be put off by an endorsement from him. His silence speaks much louder and is the smarter thing to do. Show, don't tell.

Bush publicly endorsing the Democrats might cost at least some votes as people who utterly reviled him and his presidency would be put off by an endorsement from him. His silence speaks much louder and is the smarter thing to do. Show, don't tell.

I don't think Bush would scare anyone off from Harris. But the hesitancy to endorse Harris lends to a reduced sense of urgency or importance. The country is facing calamity, and Harris the only viable option to prevent it. Bush should go ahead and make it clear that he sees that.

IIRC, his team has since said that Bush left politics long ago, reiterating how he did not comment on 2020 or 2016.

I personally think Trump’s attacks towards Jeb are killed off any notion of Bush supporting Trump. I think Bush still deep down supports Republicans but wants Trump gone first. There were some stories that the family absolutely detests Trump.

Exciting Tuesday!

Sony PlayStation announcement in a couple of hours,
Big Debate tonight, and hopefully I have time to replace my O2 sensor on my bmw finally to fix the issue, in between work and personal time ..

The following excerpt from the recent Musk/Trump chat on Twitter might give a foretaste of the erudite eloquence we will be treated to in tonight's debate.

Apparently Teslas don't require "too much" gasoline, there's "wind and different things" and also Elon is "a big fan of the AI":-

Donald Trump (49:14)

If you think about, let’s go back to the economy. We have to bring energy prices down. Energy started it, the price of gasoline. Now, your cars don’t require too much gasoline, so you have a good… You do make a great product. I have to say, I have to be honest with you.

Elon Musk (49:31)

Thank you.

Donald Trump (49:31)

That doesn’t mean everybody should have an electric car, but these are minor details. Your product is incredible. The gasoline, Elon, is the cost of energy, not only gasoline, it’s the cost of heating your house and cooling your house. That has to come down. It’s gone up a hundred percent, 150 and 200%. That has to come down.

When that comes down and we’re going to drill, baby, drill. They stopped drilling and then they went back to drilling because they went back to the Trump policy. If they won, the day after they get into office, this country will go out of business because they’re going to go to an energy policy that’s not sustainable. Wind and different things, you’re not going to have anything.

I know you’re a big fan of the AI. I have to say that AI, and this is shocking to me, but AI requires twice the energy that the country already produces for everything. So we’re going to have to build a lot of energy if our country will be competitive with China, because that’s our primary competitor for this on the AI. You’re going to need a lot of electricity. You’re going to need tremendous electricity, almost double what we produce now for the whole country if you can believe it.

ChatGPT provides some insight into what's behind the curtain:-

1725977665130.png

Tonight's debate will be between a candidate that is eligible for the presidency against a candidate that is not. Not only should Donald be barred from candidacy for his acts on Jan. 6th 2021, but also for his acts against the election integrity in the months prior. Furthermore, each of his impeachments should have been acted upon to remove him from office by the US senate. Donald is ineligible for this position, in my estimation, at least 4 times over.

The fact that we are pretending that he is eligible and putting him on stage with someone who actually is properly running for the office is a disgrace. I do understand why Kamala and Biden have both participated in this farce, it is because congress has not done their job, the supreme court has not done theirs, and many voters categorically seem to refuse to do theirs. And so Kamala and Biden have both needed the opportunity to persuade the American people not to vote for Trump.

But let's make no mistake here. The American people are not rightly allowed to elect Trump. That we seem to have let that ship sail is yet another piece of evidence of the damage that has been done to our national institutions.

Last edited:
Tonight's debate will be between a candidate that is eligible for the presidency against a candidate that is not. Not only should Donald be barred from candidacy for his acts on Jan. 6th 2020, but also for his acts against the election integrity in the months prior. Furthermore, each of his impeachments should have been acted upon to remove him from office by the US senate. Donald is ineligible for this position, in my estimation, at least 4 times over.

The fact that we are pretending that he is eligible and putting him on stage with someone who actually is properly running for the office is a disgrace. I do understand why Kamala and Biden have both participated in this farce, it is because congress has not done their job, the supreme court has not done theirs, and many voters categorically seem to refuse to do theirs. And so Kamala and Biden have both needed the opportunity to persuade the American people not to vote for Trump.

But let's make no mistake here. The American people are not rightly allowed to elect Trump. That we seem to have let that ship sail is yet another piece of evidence of the damage that has been done to our national institutions.
When it comes to understanding American rules, Republicans read the first two amendments and then say "TL;DR"

Plenty of möbius gymnastics to come from F250 owners who now have to pretend they like electric cars to own the libs. I'm sure Super Duty owners are already confused by the F-series hybrid which is totally different to a Commiefornian Prius.

Tonight will be nothing more than 1 person trying to debate & 1 person trying to turn it into another rally.

The former will have to be on their toes whilst the other will say the same old unhinged tangents without scrutiny unless they really screw up.

I look forward to tonight's debate firmly sealing both sides' preconceived idea that their side won.

Wait, no, I don't.

I thought farces were supposed to be funny?

Latest Posts

Back