• 4,100 comments

Have you voted yet?

• Yes

• No, but I will be

• No and I'm not going to

• I can't - I don't live in the US

• Other - specify in thread

Results are only viewable after voting.
Doesn't this election feel like the opposite of 2016? Trump is the hated candidate that seems overweighted in the polls compared to general sentiment.
no it does not feel like 2016....

2016 was unique
2020 was unique
2024 is unique

The worse and the frustration i have with the 2024 election is :
this is the 3rd time we are having trump on the ballot.

with all the shenanigans he has done up until now, you would think that the most powerful country in the world, and allegedly the smartest would have learned its lessons by now.
fool me once...
fool me twice...

Yet: how could we let ourselves getting fool a third time, face palm meme

The truth and fact is: trump is the symptom for this country, and very similar to what is happening currently in France and Germany and Italy (where there is a sentiment for the need of the rise of the right/extreme droite)
Have people not learned from their history books ?!?

One would think that with the advance and availability of information from the internet, people would be smart enough to determine and know truth from fake news, correct from wrong, etc...
I really dont understand and it is beyond me why people continously believe the fake and false news over the truth that is staring right in front of them...
why do people choose to believe the wrong stuff, Flat earther phenomenon...

The sad truth is that half of the population is so entrenched in believing only their own beliefs... making up their own truth...
I totally blame the education system, and (edit: this blind obsession with a fake god/religion (christian nationalists and money))

We are clearly in a country that prefer to value making short term financial gains over investing into our future through education and better health, the US is seriously NOT ensuring its population can be smart and healthy enough....
(underlying message is: the rich and powerful prefer a dumb controllable population that is drown in debt, thus more controllable and exploitable)

a population that is too smart or too powerful is no good for a government...
Out of the two party, which one do you think has more to gain or lose from such philosophy....

3rd time is the charm to send this trump the dump to never land ?!

Part of me wants trump to win, so we can see how far down the drain this country will be going.... and maybe then the country would learn its lesson.... but people on the right will still somehow continue to blame the left/Obama/Biden/Clinton/Kamala, even if trump finish his term....

they have no capacity to learn it seems...

EDIT: my dream cabinet or leadership would be Andrew Yang, Bernie Sanders and Pete Buttigieg....
fact: i am Catholic and an Engineer (make what you will, i dont fit into any typical boxes)

Last edited:
Part of me wants trump to win, so we can see how far down the drain this country will be going.... and maybe then the country would learn its lesson....

That's the end of the country, it can't learn its lesson if it died. And when power no longer comes from the people, learning the lesson is moot. I think sometimes people do not fully appreciate what it means to be oppressed by a government.

In my view, if Trump wins and actually takes office, America as it was founded no longer exists. It will have become something else, untethered from its charter, and become a new chapter of the country which will have morphed into an authoritarian regime in which a supreme ruler is no longer bound by any rules or constraints. Trump is so diametrically opposed to George Washington, James Madison, and the rest, that I could not call a new Trump regime America.

It is to the point where if Trump won, I think the right course of action would be secession and the fracturing of the nation into (at least) two pieces. And neither piece should adopt the framework that America currently has in whole. Meaning that America as it was created will have ceased to exist either way.

In some respects, I think secession is the only way to fully address the problems that have been revealed. If Kamala wins, it might be kicking the can down the road in hopes that sentiments change.

Last edited:
allegedly the smartest

Does anyone believe that? 😂 Sure - when you have 330 million people there likely is also few brighter individuals to count as "intellectual property". But the fact alone that Trump is anything but a joke tells a lot about the majority of the population. Here in Europe every child used to want to be "the President of the United States" when they grow up. Then came Trump and now the POTUS is a meme for the children. And not only for the children. 😂 Trump has destroyed United States credence in the eyes of the rest of the world, and now it's somebody elses job to Make America Great Again.. 😉

Does anyone believe that? 😂 Sure - when you have 330 million people there likely is also few brighter individuals to count as "intellectual property". But the fact alone that Trump is anything but a joke tells a lot about the majority of the population. Here in Europe every child used to want to be "the President of the United States" when they grow up. Then came Trump and now the POTUS is a meme for the children. And not only for the children. 😂 Trump has destroyed United States credence in the eyes of the rest of the world, and now it's somebody elses job to Make America Great Again.. 😉

He's our Kim Jong Un.

america is too dumb to understand there are other smarter people out there....

america has been living in a mirage....

fooling everyone, especially themselves....

when you travel enough, you see it... as i have

unfortunately americans have been led to believe that they dont need to travel anywhere because their country is the greatest in the world

vicious circle of dumbness

unfortunately the majority of americans have not left their country to understand how dumb they are...
stupid people dont know they are dumb, stupid is is stupid does...
this is a sickness that is inflicting at least 50% of this country... There is no appreciation for the "others", and they dont realize that "others" are actually much more similar to them in reality...

Americans have been led to think they are special for far too long.... special alright... please step into the short bus...

we have so much to learn from Nordic countries like yours...

damn shame for sure

Last edited:
He's our Kim Jong Un.

Greetings from Finland. English subtitles available.

america is too dumb to understand there are other smarter people out there....

america has been living in a mirage....

fooling everyone, especially themselves....

when you travel enough, you see it... as i have

unfortunately americans have been led to believe that they dont need to travel anywhere because their country is the greatest in the world

vicious circle of dumbness

unfortunately the majority of americans have not left their country to understand how dumb their are...
stupid people dont know they are dumb, stupid is is stupid does...

we have so much to learn from Nordic countries like yours...

damn shame for sure
Thank you for the compliment - but our country has also voted for a government that takes us to the "promised land of capitalism".

Last edited:
I'm of the opinion that the GOP is revealing its true colors, which it has been developing since at least Nixon. I think the authoritarian bent within this group is strong, and they just weren't saying it openly or willing to address their disagreement with the founding principles of the country.

Now that they have a leader who is willing to toss aside the constitution and democracy, they're finding that they support authoritarianism more than the constitution or democracy.
There's definitely some of that, and then there are the rank and file GOP reps that are just swimming with the current. It's not much better, but it's reality. If Trump truly falls from grace, he will take the MAGA movement with him because, like the Fuhrer, he is that movement. The GOP can't take 3 Ls in a row and stay with this guy. There were a ton of people in 1930s Germany that got swept up in the Nazi movement (I'm talking civilians) who then more or less became normal humans afterwards. I'm as perennially optimistic as @TexRex is cynical, so I hope for a significant course correction should Trump lose. I want it to happen.

There's definitely some of that, and then there are the rank and file GOP reps that are just swimming with the current. It's not much better, but it's reality. If Trump truly falls from grace, he will take the MAGA movement with him because, like the Fuhrer, he is that movement. The GOP can't take 3 Ls in a row and stay with this guy. There were a ton of people in 1930s Germany that got swept up in the Nazi movement (I'm talking civilians) who then more or less became normal humans afterwards. I'm as perennially optimistic as @TexRex is cynical, so I hope for a significant course correction should Trump lose. I want it to happen.

Well Nazi German had to contend with having gotten everything they wanted and still failing. If Trump loses, our nazi wing won't have gotten everything it wanted and failed, so I'm not sure it dies the same way.

Well Nazi German had to contend with having gotten everything they wanted and still failing. If Trump loses, our nazi wing won't have gotten everything it wanted and failed, so I'm not sure it dies the same way.
i fear they will keep on pushing and find someone else more potent and more effective.... trump is showing them that it is still possible, and if anything, there is unfortunately hope for them to carry out their evil plans
it is evident that there are several different pushes in that Project 2025 for different ideologies under trump to succeed... and many people with that type of right wing and extreme right ideology (fascist and dictatorship from the right) to rise up further after trump.... trump is just them testing out the waters...

edit: this is my 4400th post on this site

Last edited:
i fear they will keep on pushing and find someone else more potent and more effective.... trump is showing them that it is still possible, and if anything, there is unfortunately hope for them to carry out their evil plans
it is evident that there are several different pushes in that Project 2025 for different ideologies under trump to succeed... and many people with that type of right wing and extreme right ideology (fascist and dictatorship from the right) to rise up further after trump.... trump is just them testing out the waters...

I disagree. For now, Trump is unique in that he can rally people behind him for the Project 2025 cause. There's nobody in the current MAGA movement with the same combination that would make them an effective replacement.

The GOP can't take 3 Ls in a row and stay with this guy.
Kicking the Fake Bake bitch to the curb turns on their acknowledging those Ls, which they don't do. They do not acknowledge the L of 2020 and they will not acknowledge an L in 2024. You're given to accept reality and so the scenario you conceive is one in which others do the same, but that's its fundamental flaw. They are broken and no number of horses and men will put them back together.

I disagree. For now, Trump is unique in that he can rally people behind him for the Project 2025 cause. There's nobody in the current MAGA movement with the same combination that would make them an effective replacement.
agree with you there, there is no one currently.... but they have the templates and they know what to do and mainly what NOT to do in the future, to avoid failure and increase their chances of success...

it will not come right away, but you can feel in the background there are something boiling up.... it will be foolishing to think that they are NOT actively trying to find that persona....

I think what you are not appreciating is how unique of a character Trump is. He is like a once-in-a-century type political figure in my eyes. There is literally nobody else I can think of in that political movement that could take the reigns effectively. Plenty are smarter, many would be more effective leaders, many would have more carefully assembled platforms & positions...but none of them could attract the outright love that Trump does from his supporters. It's a party of him, full stop, and without him I can't see how it continues to function. In the very least there would be a splintering of allegiances - some might go for DeSantis, some might go for DTJ, some might go deeper down the rabbit hold with MTG or Gaez but I don't see any of these people being charismatic enough to unite the opposition to mainstream America that Donald Trump has done.

Kicking the Fake Bake bitch to the curb turns on their acknowledging those Ls, which they don't do. They do not acknowledge the L of 2020 and they will not acknowledge an L in 2024. You're given to accept reality and so the scenario you conceive is one in which others do the same, but that's its fundamental flaw. They are broken and no number of horses and men will put them back together.

If Trump loses again, they will have to - particularly because candidates not named Donald Trump do pretty poorly when he's leading the movement but not on the ballot and he'll definitely be too old, too exhausted, and too imprisoned to run again. My optimism hinges on the GOP having no other option. It will either splinter or it will abandon MAGA - either outcome will go a long way in restoring balance, IMO. But he has to lose.

Last edited:
I think what you are not appreciating is how unique of a character Trump is. He is like a once-in-a-century type political figure in my eyes. There is literally nobody else I can think of in that political movement that could take the reigns effectively. Plenty are smarter, many would be more effective leaders, many would have more carefully assembled platforms & positions...but none of them could attract the outright love that Trump does from his supporters. It's a party of him, full stop, and without him I can't see how it continues to function. In the very least there would be a splintering of allegiances - some might go for DeSantis, some might go for DTJ, some might go deeper down the rabbit hold with MTG or Gaez but I don't see any of these people being charismatic enough to unite the opposition to mainstream America that Donald Trump has done.

If Trump loses again, they will have to - particularly because candidates not named Donald Trump do pretty poorly when he's leading the movement but not on the ballot and he'll definitely be too old, too exhausted, and too imprisoned to run again. My optimism hinges on the GOP having no other option. It will either splinter or it will abandon MAGA - either outcome will go a long way in restoring balance, IMO. But he has to lose.
appreciating is the wrong word here, i would like to say recognize, and i fully recognize it... (EDIT: i recognized it right away back in 2015, and was shocked that he won then)

but be wary... because they morth, they will readjust and the supporters will also... they will appear less dumb next time.... a trump 3.0 will not be something this country can counter...

Last edited:
agree with you there, there is no one currently.... but they have the templates and they know what to do and mainly what NOT to do in the future, to avoid failure and increase their chances of success...

it will not come right away, but you can feel in the background there are something boiling up.... it will be foolishing to think that they are NOT actively trying to find that persona....
I think if Vance can stick to his guns he’ll probably have a good chance at POTUS in four years. He seems more scary than Trump, in a Jim Jones kind of way. Lulling followers that didn’t realise they drank the Kool-Aid they made.

I think if Vance can stick to his guns he’ll probably have a good chance at POTUS in four years. He seems more scary than Trump, in a Jim Jones kind of way. Lulling followers that didn’t realise they drank the Kool-Aid they made.
Nah.. Vance won't last long... luckily not smart or dumb enough... The only reason he is "accepted" among MAGA is because their dear leader told them so, and they don't dare disrespect or disagree....

In a vacuum, Vance has no chance.

Dude can't even order his own hole donut .

Last edited:
Nah.. Vance won't last long... luckily not smart or dumb enough... The only reason he is "accepted" among MAGA is because their dear leader told them so, and they don't dare disrespect or disagree....

In a vacuum, Vance has no chance.

Dude can't even order his own hole donut .
Seriously, I thought the same of Trump’s initial running. No absolute way that guy would gain traction. Yet, he sat in the Oval Office. However, Vance was picked to run with Trump. To me, it looks like a Bush/Cheney administration. Where eyes have to be kept on both of them(meaning if Trump and Vance win). I think Vance can get into some stuff if he’s given a pen.

Whatever that was it appears to be gone.
It was a twixt from John Hartzell/Middle Age Riot saying that it's infinitely harder to convince Republicans of a truth which contradicts their prejudices than to get them to reject a lie which confirms them. Not sure why he deleted it. Maybe I should've screenshotted instead...

Last edited:
Back