400PP Nordschleife Shootout

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 1,639 comments
Yes this is all I've done. Nothing has changed, I've just taken down the blurry pic and posted a text version of the car. What you've tested is the final version, barring the transmission being wrong (you've tested the fixed version) because PD uses different values on different screens.

Alright , thx for the info! Just wanted to make sure :)

Will continue the testing tonight;)

Time I managed to get with it as ok i guess for me, but would be 5-6 sec better if it didnt make such a terrible sound xD

At least other cars have gears lol :scared: no seriously u gave me, my a gf and her mom a headache.. kudos to that :P had to decrease the sound

I could've gave the Insight gears, but then it wouldn't be eviler than Skeletor! :lol:

Alright , thx for the info! Just wanted to make sure :)

Will continue the testing tonight;)

Sorry about the misunderstanding, I should have said "posted in text form" instead of updates. Now I know. Hope she treats you right and keeps you out of the barriers!

If it was allowed you know I'd be all over an Audi. :D I'm such a fanboi.... :rolleyes:

I was hoping that mygranturismo and the spread sheet I have were wrong. I'd have fancied a crack at a FWD version.

In other news, I've sent out invites to those in Group 2. No promises, but I'll do what I can. This track and these cars make me dribble like a morbidly obese child in a confectioners...

{Cy}

If I really need to, I'll make a giant post quoting everyone's tune as they make it, sealing them, so we can see if they're changed.
Or probably easier, to just disallow any editing of a posted tune once it's posted, so if someone has green writing, we'll know. ;)

It really shouldn't be an issue, I'm confused why people are releasing tunes if they still need so much work. :confused:

Edit: I see it wasn't changes, just the different format I asked for, which is fine. 👍
But it has come up people changing tunes after being released a few times in this shootout, and if testers are testing (which they are and are allowed) it can change the results unfairly, so it's an absolute no.

New to OP:
Tuners may not change or alter their tunes once they are officially released, so if there's time before the deadline, and you're not sure your tune is ready, don't release it quite so fast.
Testers are allowed to start testing any tunes at any time once they are officially posted.

I'm pleased with myself. I took my time got my tune to the point I was satisfied with it and got it posted. I didn't rush anything this time and I wasn't rushing to get it posted on time because I was obsessively tweaking with the setup sure I could find another 10th or two somewhere.:crazy::lol:

I'm pleased with myself. I took my time got my tune to the point I was satisfied with it and got it posted. I didn't rush anything this time and I wasn't rushing to get it posted on time because I was obsessively tweaking with the setup sure I could find another 10th or two somewhere.:crazy::lol:
That's the proper way to tune.👍

In case it's not clear though, I don't mind if everyone releases their tune on day 1, as long as they can handle not changing it afterwards.

My Entry:
6842997779_ea88bfd256_z.jpg

Toyota MR2 Spyder '99

Full list of parts & settings Here.

Car is on share so send me a FR if you are going to be testing Group A.

Tank You!

Wow, that wing really costs you in top speed. It will be very interesting to see whether your car makes up the time through the corners.

Alright tough guys try this!:crazy::D

Note: Thanks to Mac K for posting this elsewhere.👍👍

Last edited:
I'm not going to make statements about whos done what and when, however,

In any tuning comp I've entered on other forums, (forza etc) once you have released a tune, that is the tune, end of story. I'm glad to see the op's changed to reflect this.

imo I can see why some of the testers are getting annoyed as they have so much on their plates in getting the cars tested normally, without people changing their tune every day.

I'm looking forward to getting started on next comp's car, wonder when it's going to be announced on what the regulations are going to be and what track etc......

if anyones accepting votes......

I vote for eiger nordwand,

430- 500pp rwd street cars (nice wide field)

sport hard

would love to see a RWD purist shootout, personally I hate RWD for shootouts but think it would make it more of a challenge to restrict drive type like this

If I really need to, I'll make a giant post quoting everyone's tune as they make it, sealing them, so we can see if they're changed.
Or probably easier, to just disallow any editing of a posted tune once it's posted, so if someone has green writing, we'll know. ;)

It really shouldn't be an issue, I'm confused why people are releasing tunes if they still need so much work. :confused:

Edit: I see it wasn't changes, just the different format I asked for, which is fine. 👍
But it has come up people changing tunes after being released a few times in this shootout, and if testers are testing (which they are and are allowed) it can change the results unfairly, so it's an absolute no.

New to OP:

Thank you! :cheers:

All tuners did a great job so far 👍, the only thing i noticed is i was hitting the rev limiter on a lot of them before the end of the straight (after the bridge..) but they were all fun to drive, even the minivan! :lol:

Will do some more laps tonight! :)

For a second round id keep the ring but with more PP, since it round 2, but any choice is alright. :)

I was hoping that mygranturismo and the spread sheet I have were wrong. I'd have fancied a crack at a FWD version.

In other news, I've sent out invites to those in Group 2. No promises, but I'll do what I can. This track and these cars make me dribble like a morbidly obese child in a confectioners...

{Cy}

Something interesting about the 1.8T "quattro"...

It's actually FWD until you install the TSCD. Or at least it was in GT4, not sure about now. Game displayed it as AWD but it'd only ever spin the fronts (and the e-brake didn't disengage the clutch like normal AWDs either).

I'm not trying to confuse the testers, but I placed my other two choices on share if anyone wants to try them. Just remember my entry is the Mini-Van :dopey:.

If it gets to confusing I will remove them from share. 👍

Go for it krenkme, thx for sharing! :)

Jackthalad and VTiRoj's car tested!

Back