400PP Nordschleife Shootout

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 1,639 comments
Well i dont know if CS ia she or not, i just know peoples call that person "pretty lady" and ive seen her begin referred as a "she" so to try and avoid fights and hurting feelings i say SHE aswell, but for me, it doesnt matter he/she can also be an alien and have a green skin with yellow eyes shooting laser beams. Doesnt matter for me, he/she is in the GTP community so meh

Ok i hope i didnt exagerate xD

Btw para do you also think that the spyder of chrystalbud is awesome? Looks like **** tough but drives awesomely (wich is the goal in this shootout)

Mr Bruce Lee Petrucianni, why do you tell me this , let me dream my Demi Lovato dream. Now , nothing will be the same, you brake my heart my friend.:indiff::ouch:

You're better off without those Disney types, they're nothing but trouble. Find a nice genuine girl to settle down with. 👍

Well i dont know if CS ia she or not, i just know peoples call that person "pretty lady" and ive seen her begin referred as a "she" so to try and avoid fights and hurting feelings i say SHE aswell, but for me, it doesnt matter he/she can also be an alien and have a green skin with yellow eyes shooting laser beams. Doesnt matter for me, he/she is in the GTP community so meh

Ok i hope i didnt exagerate xD

Btw para do you also think that the spyder of chrystalbud is awesome? Looks like **** tough but drives awesomely (wich is the goal in this shootout)

But SHE is an Alien yes :nervous:, you will see the laps times.

The Toyota `67 are very cool to drive, both of them, from the MR2 spyder, all 4 of them are great tunes in the same second, Bypo one is a different approach too,very sharp at the beginning, but with some more laps you can discover a proper way to drive it, very interesting.

But SHE is an Alien yes :nervous:, you will see the laps times.

The Toyota `67 are very cool to drive, both of them, from the MR2 spyder, all 4 of them are great tunes in the same second, Bypo one is a different approach too,very sharp at the beginning, but with some more laps you can discover a proper way to drive it, very interesting.

I managed to get my best time so far with crystalbuds car, but still have to re-test some cars tough, i still put a lot of hopes in a ford focus, the one of cykosis

You're better off without those Disney types, they're nothing but trouble. Find a nice genuine girl to settle down with. 👍

Don´t know anything about the `entertainement´ people. Disney ?? Really ? i´m lost in my jungle with my fish, from Disney i stayed at `the aristocats´ .. long time ago.
Anyway ,free day.... i need a beer now.

Back to Toyota 2000 GT `67, let´s drive.

Beer + driving... oh well who ever has that toyota 2000 gt 67 has car for this shootout here, will be surprised when seeing the time you made with it.. its kind of unfair ! If you have x amount of alcohol in your blood whole driving you should have the same amount for all of the cars you test for the shootout!! xD now retest everything, 1 beer per car and today when ur done with that try to write something here

Last edited:
more realistic i suppose since its supposed to be road car shootout thingy
and also more fun and more challenging to tune but then again im a noob so i dont know for sure

By the way, the drivers testing all cars and those testing only groups. How will you get the average time?
Cause if we put it like this :

Lets say Group 1 has better tuners than group 2 , those doing group 1 will have better average time than the ones in Group 2.

Now those doing ALL the groups will both do group 1 +2 thus having the same average time in group 1, but their average time will get worse once they start doing group 2.

Lets say parano is the best driver but due to him doing all groups and the second best driver only does group 1, the second best driver has an advantage over para and that is the only reason he wins has test driver.

I know i wont will im the last or at least one of the last, but im still asking myself how this will be managed..

I suppose its best to split times for both groups so lets say para has an average in group 1 of 8,30,000 and in group 2 8,40,000 , his average wont be 8,35,000 but just 2 separate and u can merge both groups in the second round or something..

Ah well just suggesting something and spamming like usual ( got over 100 posts already)

You know my gf is so pissed at me.. she always says "youre on that forum again?!"
And lol then she saw i replied to CS comment once and I said she is apparently a female but she organized the whole thing here.. now in stead of saying "You are on the forum again" she says : "You are flirting with that girl?!"

Ownd

A question for CSLACR and tuners/drivers

Will there be a on-line race between the top qualifying cars, at the Nurburgring at the end of the shootout? Or is that just overkill? Just curious. :)

A question for CSLACR and tuners/drivers

Will there be a on-line race between the top qualifying cars, at the Nurburgring at the end of the shootout? Or is that just overkill? Just curious. :)
Have you tried driving any of these tunes with online physics? 👎

...but that would be fun to pit the top drivers in the top cars to see how it pans out. But in all likelyhood, the race will end with a draft pass on the last lap. But considering that online physics are very different, the advantage would go toward the FF cars since I know for a fact my MR-2 drives online as if someone strapped an elephant to the back of it. Turns I take flat out offline, the rear end will kick out and send me into a spin.

why always comfort/sports tyres? is there a reason for this?
Check the real-world lap times of street cars at Nurburgring. We are hitting sub-8:30 laps with cars that have less than 200hp. If anything, these tires are TOO grippy. These cars should be lapping the ring around 8:40-8:50.

My tune is `ONLINE OK´ . I were not able to fine tune it offline at a certain moment. Online was the solution that reveal the smalls details that must be corrected. It work perfectly this way. for sure not the other most of the time, the result is horrible from offline to online.

Check the real-world lap times of street cars at Nurburgring. We are hitting sub-8:30 laps with cars that have less than 200hp. If anything, these tires are TOO grippy. These cars should be lapping the ring around 8:40-8:50.

So you are saying that the time i drive on is more realistic? Do i win something ? lol

edit: 5 more cars to re-test and all cars are tested and re-tested

My tune is `ONLINE OK´ . I were not able to fine tune it offline at a certain moment. Online was the solution that reveal the smalls details that must be corrected. It work perfectly this way. for sure not the other most of the time, the result is horrible from offline to online.
Really? Were you testing with tire wear on?

I guess you and I have very different driving styles, which I can tell from driving your tune offline. Your car is fast and if the driver hits apexes right it will dominate this shootout. However I was very inconsistent in the car, borderline frustrated. I knew it was faster but I couldn't maintain the same control and precision through the corners. If I wasn't perfect with the inputs, I would scrub seconds off my time with oversteer (lift off, braking, throttle, you name it). Getting every sector clean was a nightmare, and the one time I did get it all right (after an hour of practice) I spun the car braking into the final chicane. It would have been a sub-8:25 lap too. Most of the issues are just the nature of the car. Critics called it a death trap. If I have one in my garage I'll try your tune online, but I doubt I will feel any more confident in it.

chuyler1

Wow. I can't even beat real world times in a video game :crazy::dopey:

So you are saying that the time i drive on is more realistic? Do i win something ? lol

edit: 5 more cars to re-test and all cars are tested and re-tested

Wow. I can't even beat real world times in a video game :crazy::dopey:

From wikipedia...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nürburgring_Nordschleife_lap_times

8:51 2005 Ford Focus ST - Sport Auto (09/2005)
8:52 2006 Mini Cooper S - Open Trials (05/2006)
8:54 2008 Vauxhall Corsa VXR - Sport Auto (04/2008)

We should be able to beat those times slightly with the few bolt-ons we installed as well as custom suspensions. But compare those times to cars that have more power and grip which still post slower real life times. Without any tuning, I'm guessing at least 75% of the test drivers could post lap times close to 8:20 in cars that have 250+ hp.

8:36 2009 Volkswagen Golf Mk5 VW R32 MKV DSG - RRRRpower (04/2009)
8:39 2007 Mazda MAZDASPEED3 - Mazda News (06/2007)

Really? Were you testing with tire wear on?

I guess you and I have very different driving styles, which I can tell from driving your tune offline. Your car is fast and if the driver hits apexes right it will dominate this shootout. However I was very inconsistent in the car, borderline frustrated. I knew it was faster but I couldn't maintain the same control and precision through the corners. If I wasn't perfect with the inputs, I would scrub seconds off my time with oversteer (lift off, braking, throttle, you name it). Getting every sector clean was a nightmare, and the one time I did get it all right (after an hour of practice) I spun the car braking into the final chicane. It would have been a sub-8:25 lap too. Most of the issues are just the nature of the car. Critics called it a death trap. If I have one in my garage I'll try your tune online, but I doubt I will feel any more confident in it.

No tire wear during the tuning session, this is totally crazy and change from one car to the other with +- same settings /weight /power drive train. This after the update from few weeks ago. My cars generally have a good tire wear, no excessive TOE , low ARB, brakes... but i think the driver make 70% of the tire wear good.
My car is not easy for sure. But try a stock one and you´ll understand the progress made. It´s fast and as easy as possible :scared::):). This was my goal.

From wikipedia...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nürburgring_Nordschleife_lap_times

8:51 2005 Ford Focus ST - Sport Auto (09/2005)
8:52 2006 Mini Cooper S - Open Trials (05/2006)
8:54 2008 Vauxhall Corsa VXR - Sport Auto (04/2008)

We should be able to beat those times slightly with the few bolt-ons we installed as well as custom suspensions. But compare those times to cars that have more power and grip which still post slower real life times. Without any tuning, I'm guessing at least 75% of the test drivers could post lap times close to 8:20 in cars that have 250+ hp.

8:36 2009 Volkswagen Golf Mk5 VW R32 MKV DSG - RRRRpower (04/2009)
8:39 2007 Mazda MAZDASPEED3 - Mazda News (06/2007)

U know what, my gf has a Gold VI GTI and nurburgring is 5 KM from here so I will just take her car and tomorrow i will tell you what my record is to compare to our cyber records, but there is snow and ice, if u dont hear anything from me tomorrow, im probably stuck in a tree somewhere

No tire wear during the tuning session, this is totally crazy and change from one car to the other with +- same settings /weight /power drive train. This after the update from few weeks ago. My cars generally have a good tire wear, no excessive TOE , low ARB, brakes... but i think the driver make 70% of the tire wear good.
My car is not easy for sure. But try a stock one and you´ll understand the progress made. It´s fast and as easy as possible :scared::):). This was my goal.
Tire wear can really mess with the physics. It can make the rear tires greasy. I always race with tire wear on when I race online, so perhaps that's why I said my tune was online-garbage. It might be OK if I turned tire wear off.

As for your car. I absolutely agree. Critics called it a death trap when it came out so subsequent years Toyota tuned the suspension to eliminate the lift off oversteer. Your car definitely improves things...A LOT! But I still wouldn't volunteer to run an endurance in it at Nurburgring without at least afixing a wing to plant that rear end.

I'm just saying that I'm not a good driver on this course in the game (fastest time for my entry was 8.56:xxx in my hands) that's all :D

U know what, my gf has a Gold VI GTI and nurburgring is 5 KM from here so I will just take her car and tomorrow i will tell you what my record is to compare to our cyber records, but there is snow and ice, if u dont hear anything from me tomorrow, im probably stuck in a tree somewhere
LOL, unless you are familiar with the track, I think it would take more than just a few laps to post a decent time. BTW, I'm jealous that it is so close to you. Someday I will plan a vacation around visiting the ring.

My car isn't too bad online. The same as Praiano, I tested a bunch of cars in my own "Lounge" (there are three different sets of physics, possibly more. Offline, private lobby, public lobby and I'm lead to believe there is a difference between 'free-run' and actual racing too). You'll find the weakness in my car when you hammer it through Fuchsröhre. It'll swap ends quicker than a fat kid heading for the all-you-can eat buffet...

{Cy}

LOL, unless you are familiar with the track, I think it would take more than just a few laps to post a decent time. BTW, I'm jealous that it is so close to you. Someday I will plan a vacation around visiting the ring.

Will be happy to meet you if you want, my girlfriend knows a great place u can rent here for a week or more, or just a few days, it is really cheap ( she told me cause my parents will come here aswell) So if you are really intrested i can give you telephone numbers and so on or even call for you and let you know what.

nurburgring is 5 KM from here

Planning a trip to Germany in the near future. Hoping to rent a BMW and spend a day at the ring. Should I pick you up on the way? I do hold a national racing licence in the U.S. which just means that I'm crazy enough not to be bothered by a little lawn mowing in the Bimmer if a couple of wheels happen to leave the track.

...but that would be fun to pit the top drivers in the top cars to see how it pans out. But in all likelyhood, the race will end with a draft pass on the last lap. But considering that online physics are very different, the advantage would go toward the FF cars since I know for a fact my MR-2 drives online as if someone strapped an elephant to the back of it. Turns I take flat out offline, the rear end will kick out and send me into a spin.

Thanks Chuyler1

Yes, there are differences between on and off line performance. Not sure why there is such a difference between the two environments. That is big can of worms question.:crazy:

Not to be addressed in this thread. Thank you for your input.👍

My car isn't too bad online. The same as Praiano, I tested a bunch of cars in my own "Lounge" (there are three different sets of physics, possibly more. Offline, private lobby, public lobby and I'm lead to believe there is a difference between 'free-run' and actual racing too). You'll find the weakness in my car when you hammer it through Fuchsröhre. It'll swap ends quicker than a fat kid heading for the all-you-can eat buffet...

{Cy}

Sorry for the double post but LOL :dopey:

Back