700PP 1980 or Later / 2-Wheel Drive Racing Car Super Lap: Apricot Hill Raceway

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 258 comments
Damn!!! For 3 days I've been trying to get to my time of 1.05.8 and all I've got to show is about 100 1.06's. Now I'm on a mission to learn to use manual, it is faster and I've been half a second or more up plenty of times but that back hairpin gets me and by the time I go over the hill I can be a half second behind.
I used the GT wheel with the sequential change stick and much preferred it to the paddles but I'll just do a Kossie and keep at it.:)
I use automatic gears on my G29 wheel and if I get everything right, I will get in the high 1:04s :).

The stock differential settings are rubbish on race cars, but especially so on the R18 - you're right that they will have you spinning every time you touch the throttle. Have a look through the tuning section of GTP - or take the excellent advice from @purpdino and use the Pescarolo :cheers:

I posted a tune for the Pescarolo elsewhere, if you're using a DS3. I think I've now increased the spring rate by 1.00 at at both ends for better stability. Haven't tried it for this TT, but can't imagine it'll be too far from a gold time. You can see how "wrong" the stock diff settings are: 10/40/20 vs 8/6/25, and it's the acceleration setting (40 vs 6) that will cause you to spin the R18.

Thanks to this tune, I was able to post a time 1:08:881 to get a 2254th rank. I'm just an amateur but getting that rank / time is quite humbling, all thanks to fellow members who are kind enough to post tunes. :bowdown:

Thanks to this tune, I was able to post a time 1:08:881 to get a 2254th rank. I'm just an amateur but getting that rank / time is quite humbling, all thanks to fellow members who are kind enough to post tunes. :bowdown:

Great time, congratulations - that's almost 1.5s faster than I managed, and 4000 positions higher! It's nice to know that the tune helped someone else. :cheers:

Great time, congratulations - that's almost 1.5s faster than I managed, and 4000 positions higher! It's nice to know that the tune helped someone else. :cheers:

Thanks. I can never manage to put any tune or screenshot even. I would love to post a video but not sure how to after saving the replay.

I was quite shocked to post a sub 500 ranked time lap for the Nurburgring 24H time trial. Not being a pessimist but I know I'm not that good. I still use DS3 & till date haven't used manual gears. I rely on my driving instinct to post a time, irrespective of it being high or low in the rankings as I love fair and square competition.

Last edited:
I have to take some risks to get into the low 1:04s, I am 52 with some minor health issue which makes it hard sometimes to do well but I will try 👍.
Your doing great brother 👍 I'm 32 and it feels like I have some major heart issues when I'm in front of rank one then I panic and fail :lol: feels fun tho

Yep. In my lap I do almost everything right with AT gears (1:04.9) Only slip a bit last corner. Maybe I can make a 04.5 but that would be hard. Go for it 👍:cheers:
I'm in a bit of a dilemma, I've been using using the new T300 for about 3 weeks now and that's how I set my fastest time with auto. I've also got my G29 pedals boosted with GTeye springs which are excellent especially the throttle and that's where my dramas start.
Because I'm using both manual and auto and a progressive throttle I sometimes forget to change gear or think I'm still on my G27 which I used for about two and a half years and give it a bootfull which usually ends up with a promising lap going kaput. Gives me something to do I guess:lol:
And fordlaser777 I can't blow wind up your butt so you're doing real good old mate, keep it up!!:cheers:

Sorry to hear that (about being 52), but rest assured, you're not slow! I hope you're well soon.

:D
Thanks Cory :cheers:, I have had these health issues all my life but I am not going to let it bother me, another problem I have got which I can not use manual gears because of these issues I have got, but I am happy with auto and just having fun and doing my best in this game.

Thanks, I am using this tune here 700PP 1980 or Later / 2WD Racing Car Super Lap: Apricot Hill Raceway with some very minor changes to the tune and many thank to :bowdown: @oooMaXimumooo .

I tried this tune. I was able to better my time by about a second to 1:07:795 to get a 1212th rank.

I'm not a big fan of Apricot Hill, especially at night but a good time pleases anyway.

Thanks to the kind soul for posting a tune which made the car more stable during the turns to make life more easy.:cheers:

I got a 1:09 in the Peugeot 905 evo by putting all the downforce and lowering rideheight for me it suits my driving style I feel like this car can handle it because if I do it on other prototypes the cars braking is unstable for me but I feel could of got better if I used one ofy force feed back wheels

Last edited:
Finally out of the 1.05's with a 1.04.590. :cheers::gtpflag:

Thanks to oooMaXimumoo tune. Persevered with manual till i never had to think about it anymore. Could be quicker maybe if I was not using TC1, but that's another hill to climb.

Last edited:
Finally out of the 1.05's with a 1.04.590. :cheers::gtpflag:

Thanks to oooMaXimumoo tune. Persevered with manual till i never had to think about it anymore. Could be quicker maybe if I was not using TC1, but that's another hill to climb.
I'm still training with that (Kossie kapers) but that TC. I can get around the whole lap except for one big hole in the middle, that:censored:hairpin. I've only got to think about the throttle and I'm gone. Get that frustrated I turn it back on.:mad:
Good time that.

I'm still training with that (Kossie kapers) but that TC. I can get around the whole lap except for one big hole in the middle, that:censored:hairpin. I've only got to think about the throttle and I'm gone. Get that frustrated I turn it back on.:mad:
Good time that.

Thanks mate, hoping a 1.03 not completely impossible. I know and hate that corner as well. I get there fine without TC but i can not pull away there. LSD 5/5/5 but it just spins out, even in 2nd gear, so no idea what to do.

Back