700PP 1980 or Later / 2-Wheel Drive Racing Car Super Lap: Apricot Hill Raceway

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 258 comments
The stock differential settings are rubbish on race cars, but especially so on the R18 - you're right that they will have you spinning every time you touch the throttle. Have a look through the tuning section of GTP - or take the excellent advice from @purpdino and use the Pescarolo :cheers:

I posted a tune for the Pescarolo elsewhere, if you're using a DS3. I think I've now increased the spring rate by 1.00 at at both ends for better stability. Haven't tried it for this TT, but can't imagine it'll be too far from a gold time. You can see how "wrong" the stock diff settings are: 10/40/20 vs 8/6/25, and it's the acceleration setting (40 vs 6) that will cause you to spin the R18.

Thanks for,this tip. I had my .LSD set way to high. Now my Pescarolo is driveable. 1.10 within two laps.

Something weird going on here. Jumped in the Pesca, new with 250 klms, ran off a 1.06 lap on the 2nd lap and thought 'Ok looks like a good day' but after 20 minutes things were going bad. My ghosts were belting me and I thought maybe I need a beer. Looked at the settings and lo and behold my new car had lost 18 bhp. Wtf. Happened in the 400pp TT the last 2 days as well but with only 1 tune out of three in the same car, Jeje's the one I'm fastest with. The:censored: world is against us Jeje!!!:mad:

Ps Thought I'd do a Cory Clifford again, stock TS030, fought the diff until it decided to launch me on the last corner and actually shot me down pit road. Changed it from 40 to 10 and got a 1.12.2. Good fun.:)

Last edited:
1:05.338. I have a question: Can you grinding this car and so yes: is that better ?
Not sure I have like 80km on mine and it's well capable for getting a 1.03.xxx but I haven't been around long enough to understand what the he'll this grinding thing is :confused:

Something weird going on here. Jumped in the Pesca, new with 250 klms, ran off a 1.06 lap on the 2nd lap and thought 'Ok looks like a good day' but after 20 minutes things were going bad. My ghosts were belting me and I thought maybe I need a beer. Looked at the settings and lo and behold my new car had lost 18 bhp. Wtf. Happened in the 400pp TT the last 2 days as well but with only 1 tune out of three in the same car, Jeje's the one I'm fastest with. The:censored: world is against us Jeje!!!:mad:
It's crazy how the bhp can drop after a few hundred km I was watching the missus do TT then she went to setup and I was like your pp has dropped and her bhp and didn't have a clue what it was until we read on the forum nd changed the oil lol

You have done an oilchange.

The oilchange boosts the power output by 5%. this boost wears off lineary from 200km to 300km since the last oilchange.
This means that after 300km you are back at the initial power level you had before the oilchange.
Sounds to me you have done an oilchange at 0km, and was halfway into the wear-off period when you entered the event. now you are back at original power level.

Last edited:
I'm at 1.06.05, but I can find 3/4 tenths if I take more risks in the esses
EDIT 1.05.501, my best result with my own tune :D

This is my tune, I used it in Le Mans' event of this summer, just changed gears and downforce

Suspension
height 45 50
flex 16.0 17.22
compr 1 2
ext 2 2
arb 7 7
camber 0 0
toe -0.2 0

Gears
FG max, max speed min
3.847-2.662-1.934-1.484-1.190-0.999 then FG 2.856

Drivetrain 5-7-9

Power
Medium rpm turbo, 100% power limiter with no oil change-->979 hp
Max downforce

Hope it helps somenone :cheers:

Last edited:
Hi guys! I made 1'03'740 with pescarolo and I'm in 2nd place in the world ranking. Here is my onboard lap video, and the setup is in the description. I hope you enjoy ^^

Great lap. I'll give the tune a go, although I've been finding the low RPM turbo too much to cope with so far! The high RPM turbo has given me faster times, probably because it's easier to control for a mere mortal like me....

Great lap. I'll give the tune a go, although I've been finding the low RPM turbo too much to cope with so far! The high RPM turbo has given me faster times, probably because it's easier to control for a mere mortal like me....
Yes, maybe you can try without turbo, just changing oil. It will be easier to control, i made 1'04'2XX with this setup just changing oil. The diference is not big ^^

I'm at 1.06.05, but I can find 3/4 tenths if I take more risks in the esses
EDIT 1.05.501, my best result with my own tune :D

This is my tune, I used it in Le Mans' event of this summer, just changed gears and downforce

Suspension
height 45 50
flex 16.0 17.22
compr 1 2
ext 2 2
arb 7 7
camber 0 0
toe -0.2 0

Gears
FG max, max speed min
3.847-2.662-1.934-1.484-1.190-0.999 then FG 2.856

Drivetrain 5-7-9

Power
Medium rpm turbo, 100% power limiter with no oil change-->979 hp
Max downforce

Hope it helps somenone :cheers:

Nice and smooth setup/tuned..

You have done an oilchange.

The oilchange boosts the power output by 5%. this boost wears off lineary 200km to 300km since the last oilchange.
This means that after 300km you are back at the initial power level you had before the oilchange.
Sounds to me you have done an oilchange at 0km, and was halfway into the wear-off period when you entered the event. now you are back at original power level.

You're dead right my friend, I forgot I did the oil change (old age) and it didn't show up in the work shop, it said the oil was fine. I did another change anyhow and away we went. I only had this car for two days and I've never experienced the power loss so quickly before but thanks to you I now know what to look for.
It's good to know you Aliens look after we earthlings like this. I thank you:bowdown::cheers:

Hi guys! I made 1'03'740 with pescarolo and I'm in 2nd place in the world ranking. Here is my onboard lap video, and the setup is in the description. I hope you enjoy ^^

Pardon my ignorance here but I cannot find your setup. Where is the 'description', anybody?

Back