800Km LASARTHE LMP1 ENDURANCE - ***COMPLETED***

• Thread starter gippone
  • 138 comments
Congratualtiosn Mindless Rift.....that was a real enduro.. the rain slowed the pace and made the race even longer.4hours of hardcore racing!

I think we better start calling Mindless the Iron Man! He's making a name for himself as the endurance racer to beat! Well done man!
I didn't make the race but congrats to all who did and stayed till the checkered flag, that by itself is enough merit!

Thanks for the kind words guys! :)👍 Was a pretty crazy race it has to be said haha, before this race I'd never raced this track in the rain, but I'm glad it did tbh! Was about 6th in the dry, steadily falling back so my only hope was rain to shake it up a bit if I wanted to win or get a podium and the GT5 gods complied lol, starting to think I'm the only person who likes wet driving haha. Only made 1 real mistake which cost me about 5 secs couldn't believe it, definitely my best drive :)

Gotta say though, everyone did well to finish cause these things are hard work! So props to everyone! Good racing all :) Felt bad for Calum at the end with the fuel cause he was also very consistent, kept me honest definitely :)

this was a very nice endurance race as it should be, i did 1,5 Hours until i disconnected which was a shame and couldn't realise it :((((((, i was very fast and did a Ayrton Senna on the rain lol driving around with softs.

MindlessRiff
Thanks for the kind words guys! :)👍 Was a pretty crazy race it has to be said haha, before this race I'd never raced this track in the rain, but I'm glad it did tbh! Was about 6th in the dry, steadily falling back so my only hope was rain to shake it up a bit if I wanted to win or get a podium and the GT5 gods complied lol, starting to think I'm the only person who likes wet driving haha. Only made 1 real mistake which cost me about 5 secs couldn't believe it, definitely my best drive :)

Gotta say though, everyone did well to finish cause these things are hard work! So props to everyone! Good racing all :) Felt bad for Calum at the end with the fuel cause he was also very consistent, kept me honest definitely :)

GTPlanet's Jenson Button

Thanks for the sympathy Mindless! Don't think I've ever been so gutted.
I think that last dry stint was your best, I threw everything at it and couldn't catch you even a little bit... :)
Well done everyone who stuck it out! That's an achievement in itself.
And again well done Mindless the way you drove there was only ever going to be one winner :):)
Oh and thanks Gprili & Pos for organizing and hosting, really enjoyed it!

Congratulations to mindless, and everyone else that finished this monster of a race.

I had to pull out after roughly 1.5 hours, i was really gutted and angry with myself and annoyed with the game.

My race was going ok and i was having a good battle with Ronsta until i made a slight mistake. I managed to regain some time in the 1st pit stop and continued our battle in the second stint.
After a good few laps of rain i needed some fuel and made the almighty mistake of putting on full wets thinking it was about to get slippy any moment!!

The gamble did not pay off and after a few more laps with the spray building up my tyres had seen better days and i was dropping more and more time. I managed to slide into the pits on lap 18 i think with absolutely zero rubber left on the back wheels and the stupid thing just drove straight through the pitlane and didnt stop for tyres!!!!

I couldnt believe my eyes :crazy: mostly my fault but the game shouldnt do that to you.

I couldnt touch the throttle after the pit lane without the car going mental and spinning off everywhere, it wouldnt even stay straight at 20mph in a straight line!! I tried for another few mins to get back to the pits but getting in everyones way was driving me crazy so sorry for that people. It would have took me 10 minutes of pure hell at least to get back for tyres and i just couldnt face it and didnt want to spoil anyones race more than i had already.

Words of advice to you, calum mclame- Don't push people off track trying to get 1st. I was 3 laps behind, theres no reason to race me hard like that. Pass me on the straight not force me off track in the porsche curves.

I was 3 laps behind, theres no reason to race me hard like that. Pass me on the straight not force me off track in the porsche curves.
That sounds like the Peugeot team's opinion at Le mans this year :lol: They didn't let the Audi go over for 4-5 laps, even the race-judgement showed blue flag.. It was the shame of motorsports.
If you're going to get lapped, try to let the other guy go over you immediatly. No matter it is in a straight or in a corner.. It's your job to let him go, not who's going to lap you.. Sorry, just my opinion.. (and I think I'm not alone with this)

That sounds like the Peugeot team's opinion at Le mans this year :lol: They didn't let the Audi go over for 4-5 laps, even the race-judgement showed blue flag.. It was the shame of motorsports.
If you're going to get lapped, try to let the other guy go over you immediatly. No matter it is in a straight or in a corner.. It's your job to let him go, not who's going to lap you.. Sorry, just my opinion.. (and I think I'm not alone with this)

agree

Think you misread. I wasn't racing him, he pushed me in the grass. There's no reason for that. There's no room for that either.

Since this season is finished when is the next one for this series? Thanks

thanks for the interest :) If we'll have enough people I'll try to setup similar events (also with '67-'69 cars) in the beginning of august 👍

Latest Posts

Back