rs200elcapCustom.jpg

El Capitan Hotlap
Arcade Ford RS200 Rally Car
+20% power 504bhp
and -10 weight 882kg
Racing Super Soft Tyres (R5's)
Any top speed setting

Save your best 'CLEAN' hotlap replay
2 Wheels on ( Tar / concrete / rumble strips ) at all times!
100% No wall contacts at all or restart!

Feel free to discuss all sectors
'Do not discuss your total laptime'

Team Racing has been scrapped due to not enough Teams
This will be a solo competion only!

Please PM your final time to me before the deadline
Deadline = 12:00 noon GMT Saturday 14th October

----------------------------------------

arcclassicsresultsround1yh6.jpg

Oh great... El Capitan, 'tar - My favorite track...

Mine too. :D And I guess we're not the only ones. ;)

Great looking first combo, Ron. :D Too bad about the teams though, but maybe next time. :dopey:

Had a quick go:
0'27.097
1'01.022

Had a big opposite lock moment coming down the hill after the tunnel, and missed the turn to the bridge just before T2. El Capitan isn't one of my better tracks, so that time'll get clobbered shortly, I'm sure :)

I'm headed out of town for a few days (Canadian thanksgiving), so good luck everyone! It's really too bad about the teams.

Had a quick go:
0'27.097
1'01.022

Had a big opposite lock moment coming down the hill after the tunnel, and missed the turn to the bridge just before T2.

That turn causes me fits :grumpy: , I ran a while today, still taking the s over the hill pretty slow...

t1 27.750
t2 1.02.545

Dig'n the combo Ron 👍

great, arc has started.

woooooot, track one is my all time favvie place to race.

the car is great - no traction problems whatsoever and razorsharp in every corner.

booooooh, no teams in arc. and i looked forward to being cyril's mate.

is the racer list still open? big pal ben wants to join in but thought it was closed.

t-times will follow soon. don't know if we're supposed to do laptimes in the backchannel?

Good morning. :dopey:

1'01.783

What is that, backchannel?

MSN, PMs, Yahoo, all kinds of messaging that isn't directly on the forum can be considered backchannel. Setups, replays and laptimes can be discussed there, which is very common in the WRS.

Ist session save has ... 27.213 / 1'00.401

seen 26.9's and 1'00.2's :dunce: should be able to get to grips with it soon enough 👍

a T2 in the 59's is a definite :cool:

Edit: .... 27.071 / 1'00.148 👍

What can I say about that T1 Jerry? ..... other than awesome mate 👍

My best T1 ever has been 26.8 for the record ;) I just finished work and the house is empty :) .... will run some more on this after I have a cuppa and some lunch :cool:

after many many many restarts on my favvie race track i finally got myself a nice clean lap.

28.179 - 1.03.795

even faster than former teammate cyril ;) how anyone could get so close to 1 minute flat is a complete mistery to me. well done jerry.

i will try harder this week, if only cos the track is so fantastic. i sometimes look at the scenery while racing and instantly bump into walls :drool:

btw ron will you be keeping scores of posted t's or do we wait for the deadline for an overview?

What a fun combo this is! I have only had time for about 10 or 15 laps, but hopefully will get back to it near the end of the week. I see I have much work to do. Great splits Jerry and Ron! 👍

1'01.27

after many many many restarts on my favvie race track i finally got myself a nice clean lap.

28.179 - 1.03.795

even faster than former teammate cyril ;) how anyone could get so close to 1 minute flat is a complete mistery to me. well done jerry.

Hey, I only ran 4 laps and I posted the only clean one.
I hope I can run some more laps before deadline and shave 1 or 2 seconds off.

I've just ran 2 laps, one clean, one dirty. I can virtually see those seconds dripping off the exhaust. Cool combo, though. 1'03.6 so far...

1'01.332

Close call down the hill.:scared:
Mighty hard work to keep this youngster on the road.:dopey:

I hope to get in the 1'00,9................someday.

@Ron and Jerry, WOW! :bowdown:

I'm hitting some better lines....

Edit: changed gearing stratigy.

All I can muster after my first session is 27.330 / 1.01.032

Guess I'm a bit rusty.:grumpy:

I can't decide what gearing works best, I suppose I'll have to experiment some more. Fun combo though.👍

CFM
All I can muster after my first session is 27.330 / 1.01.032

I'd like to muster that :lol:

I was using a High top speed at first, I lowered it to 300km w/ some early shifting.

I'm only running 280 gearing and the car just top out.
And I see I will have to work on this more.

improved on this heavenly combo to 27.939 and 1.03.168; almost below a certain mark i aim at for laptime. more to come!

Back