Abandoned cars and barn finds picture thread!!!!!

• Thread starter Cano
  • 2,165 comments
tumblr_mzc8e9W7d11shjs6yo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mv6350qQEL1shjs6yo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mt5zbgLAxw1shjs6yo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mt5ysvYdcs1shjs6yo1_1280.jpg

You are looking at the very first Boss 302 Prototype owned by Larry Shinoda himself.

his Mustang was used by Larry Shinoda and his design team as a platform for the all new 1969 BOSS 302. In addition, Shinoda appears to have used this Mustang for personal transportation too.

The Mustang started life as a 1969 Mach 1 Cobra Jet Ram-Air model. Its color is Pastel Gray with a Black Mach 1 interior. Many have assumed it was White based on early pictures of the car, But seeing the car in person as well as the Color code on the door tag, confirms it is Pastel Gray. Shinoda's styling changes, which made their way onto the production BOSS 302 include:
  • C-shape stripes on the fenders and doors
  • black out paint around the headlights, the rear taillight panel and deck lid
  • rear window louvers
  • rear spoiler
  • filling in of the side scoops

LOCATED: Talk about a barn find...this lost Mustang icon was literally found stored in a barn in Illinois. There is even a dent in the passenger door put there by the owners' cow! For years, the owners had no idea of the significance of this Mustang. They are now having it restored to its original 1969 glory.
larry Shinoda barnfind 69 Boss 302[1].jpg
doortag.jpg
larry Shinoda barnfind 69 Boss 302[1].jpg
larryshinodas1969boss[1].jpg

Holy hell that is an amazingly significant Mustang. What a find. Great post, @Slash

I still find it hard to belive that such significant automobiles are still being dug out of farms and garages all around the globe. Awesome 👍

I still find it hard to belive that such significant automobiles are still being dug out of farms and garages all around the globe. Awesome 👍[/quote]

X2:cheers:

I'm pretty sure this hasn't been posted in here before:

Tatra T87 found in Texas, for sale for $1,000,000, I think. I don't really understand the seller's description.

This was the only image given.

22155811-770-0@2X.jpg

Description: Tatra: coined automotive Rembrandt of the 20th century; no commodity/keepsake, free delivery from deep in the heart of Texas, have barn icon Czech National Treasure, Tatra T-87 4-dr, rear V8, air cooled, sell for $1,000,000 plus IRS tax; notable, collector, investor info, refer: Antique Road Show, National Treasure Navaho chiefs blanket sold for $1,000,000 to $3,000,000? Not a dealer. Louie, 210-***-****, TX. Price: $1,000,000

That's more like it. I'd rock that thing daily without hesitation. Imagine drifting around in that thing just turning around in the next corner. And the next one. And the one after it.

I'm pretty sure this hasn't been posted in here before:

Tatra T87 found in Texas, for sale for $1,000,000, I think. I don't really understand the seller's description.

This was the only image given.

22155811-770-0@2X.jpg

Description: Tatra: coined automotive Rembrandt of the 20th century; no commodity/keepsake, free delivery from deep in the heart of Texas, have barn icon Czech National Treasure, Tatra T-87 4-dr, rear V8, air cooled, sell for $1,000,000 plus IRS tax; notable, collector, investor info, refer: Antique Road Show, National Treasure Navaho chiefs blanket sold for $1,000,000 to $3,000,000? Not a dealer. Louie, 210-***-****, TX. Price: $1,000,000

Over looking the fact that the car is not worth a million dollars, if you want to sell it for a $1million why only take one crappy black & white pic of it? You can barely see half the car in the pic, if you want to sell it for that much at least take better pics of it.

Back