Abandoned cars and barn finds picture thread!!!!!

• Thread starter Cano
  • 2,165 comments
Who is this stupid enough to throw out a corvette?!

They've no doubt all been involved in bad enough accidents to warrant them not being worth fixing (at the time) and are now used for spares. They made 120,000+ C2 Vettes, few of which were ever exported out of the US, it's not like they're particularly rare.

This RS5 was left there in a flood in Surrey last month.
aFF45qk.jpg

This is what's left of it.
iM2Qe6J.jpg

Article: http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/local-news/audi-sports-car-stripped-parts-6673528

Who is this stupid enough to throw out a corvette?!

This is going to be a tough one for some GTPers to understand, but sometimes life priorities change. Restoring a car is something that one no longer wants to tackle. Or the person does not want to pay someone else to restore the car. Or health problems arise and that is more important to address. And on and on.

They've no doubt all been involved in bad enough accidents to warrant them not being worth fixing (at the time) and are now used for spares. They made 120,000+ C2 Vettes, few of which were ever exported out of the US, it's not like they're particularly rare.
This is going to be a tough one for some GTPers to understand, but sometimes life priorities change. Restoring a car is something that one no longer wants to tackle. Or the person does not want to pay someone else to restore the car. Or health problems arise and that is more important to address. And on and on.

Oh yeah, I forgot about factors like that. Oops.
Anyway, I guess those points make some sense, it just seems to me to be a waste of a car, especially if it's a split-window design. Thanks though.

Just looked through the whole thread. My god I've never felt so upset about anything before. And my song playlist was mocking me, came up with Rusted From The Rain by Billy Talent...
There's an abandoned Austin Mini Van near me, I'll get a pic next time I go around that way. My mate tried to find an owner to enquire into buying it but no luck.

That almost looks like it was put there for a photoshoot. Doesn't even look abandoned. Like someone threw some crap on it to make it dirty and let it sit there for a week for the grass to grow.

That almost looks like it was put there for a photoshoot. Doesn't even look abandoned. Like someone threw some crap on it to make it dirty and let it sit there for a week for the grass to grow.
Yea I agree. Unfortunately I couldn't find any back story on it.

found-underneath-a-castle-in-belgium-forgotten-italian-alfa-romeo-cars-stored-away-for-decades-in-a--31337.jpg
3303331c.jpg

Last edited:

True..

Back