Abandoned cars and barn finds picture thread!!!!!

• Thread starter Cano
  • 2,165 comments
tumblr_n0h2d3BlCQ1sodnr0o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n0nvddIAwF1sls0ndo1_1280.jpg

I hope these aren't reposts, but more C2 sadness. Definitely at least 1 split window, and the 1/2 'Vette might be a split window as well but the angle makes it hard to tell.

2059996239_4da867f0da_z.jpg

5cffbb0f0e14a1bca681a83e0bcc84f9.jpg

vetterust1.jpg

corvettejunkyardpic2.jpg
You made me shed tears, how dare you make I a man do such a thing.

They've no doubt all been involved in bad enough accidents to warrant them not being worth fixing (at the time) and are now used for spares. They made 120,000+ C2 Vettes, few of which were ever exported out of the US, it's not like they're particularly rare.

The Split window version which any corvette lover would want is actually quite rare.

if only, one of us could go back in time, to the day that car was parked there, and give it a new life. if only

Sometimes I wish I had a time machine and we'd go back in time to when these cars were first being sold. Man imagine what we could buy...problem is how would we get them back to modern time. Dun dun dunnnnnn.

Last edited:
Really? I've never seen a C2 that wasn't a split window around here. Very common.

Really? I've never seen a C2 that wasn't a split window around here. Very common.

Split window was only done for a single year, if what you're saying is correct then you have a lot of potential wealthy owners because it is in fact a rare and sought after version of the C2. If it's a Z06 option we're talking about a 200K US dollar car, I want one with a Rochester FI 327.

Well it wouldn't surprise me really. Most of them are restored and then raffled off.

My great grandmother owns a Spirit that looks brand new as the day it was bought.

Lucky! :)👍 I was very, very young when we had it, I didn't have the chance to even seat on the driver's seat...

You could say that car fired up my love for Chrysler/Dodge/Mopar cars... I just love it's style..

Even some 63's had the split cut out..It was considered hard to see through from the drivers seat looking back, as such, it was removed by dealers at owners requests.:eek: That's also why it was one year only.. Makes them even rarer IMO.👍

Sometimes I wish I had a time machine and we'd go back in time to when these cars were first being sold. Man imagine what we could buy...problem is how would we get them back to modern time. Dun dun dunnnnnn.

Easy Solution. We all pool our cash, every GTP Member..... 💡 New thread idea! Read my response there!

Back