About the April Fool's Joke

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 165 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
BlazinXtreme
Who is this Burr guy? Man do I feel outta the loop, all I did was leave work and come home to play some GT4. I get on and blamey every thing went and blowed up. I was one of the ones who was banned for no good reason. So whoever it was I guess they had it out for me.

Burr was Jon. A GTP moderator. Well was, he isn't any more.

Ahh ok so he was the one that went nuts. Seems odd that he would have it out for me, oh well. Anyways thanks for the clarification.

BlazinXtreme
Ahh ok so he was the one that went nuts. Seems odd that he would have it out for me, oh well. Anyways thanks for the clarification.

Well what you've heard isn't always the truth. It's better not to know. ;)

donbenni
Is that the same Jon who people kept suddenly appearing as a while back?

I believe so.

I just have one question. Who is/was 'Captain Coffee'? I picked him up under the Admin section on the Forum Leaders page during the chaos, so I'm assuming it was the account doing the dirty deeds. I pointed it out here.

ah so it was just a joke, gone a little wrong.

I knew DA would never do that, If he truely was sick of it, he would never hurt jordans site like he made out he did. Who banned Jimmy Enslashay, Snoopie etc.

Anywho it did get a bit hecitc towards the end, and i was starting to think something was wrong. Even looking back now its hard to see whats a joke and whats not. I did get a good laugh out of it, though i went to bed before the real hetic stuff begain.

Good to see you have it all sorted guys, I have no hard feelings towards any mods and my trust in you guys is just as good as it was before this mess.

I am with Fat on this, when I saw it, it looked ok, but it seems sUn made a comment, and then got out of control.

I have no idea if I was banned or not. But I can't tell now.

What's funny is if any of the newbies from the GT4 forum ventured over here they were more then likely wonder WTF?

Well that's all part of the great GTP mystery init?

That would be a wicked idea actually! Like Cluedo online :D

Ok, I was asleep when all this happenned, what the hell actuallly happenned ... I don't think i've ever been this confused in my life :lol:

Blake

This is very confusing right now. We all have a bit of fun at the expense of some members, which I admit was a little cruel, but all in the name of fun and wouldn't have turned out bad in any way at all. I leave to go to bed, I wake up and find this? I'm not completely understanding what's going on here, but I sincerely apologise to each end every person here for what has happened.

This was meant to be a harmless April Fools joke with Me, Duke, Chris, Alex and Jordan, but it's really turned into a nightmare. Sincere apologies to all, I only hope that everybody can return to normal posting, and trust this site and it's staff once again.

I believe as members of this forum we all have the right to know exactly what happened and how it played out.

I don't want to use the 'Because I am a financial backer' card but I would hate to think that my money is going to a forum where power abusers reign supreme - not pointing fingers or anything because as others have said:

What the hell happened?

Jimmy Enslashay
Sincere apologies to all, I only hope that everybody can return to normal posting, and trust this site and it's staff once again.

I have always had a slight niggle with the way this forum has been run (Admins/Mods) but this whole mess has completely blown away any sort of trust I did have in the first place.

My trust for Jordan is still the same for him as well as the other Admins. I'm guessing the only Admin who hasn't been up with this (Or is behind closed doors) is Alt F8, but I'm sure he has been checking this without word to us.

But still, I think we should have the full details. Many of us were gone, and want to know everything yet some members won't give any details.

We, who were gone, deserve to see everything as well besides those who were there.

Just give them time to sort everything out guys. I'm confident that we'll get a full report on what happened after they figure out what exactly happened.

Two threads are missing, probably being dissected. sUn's name has been bantered around a lot by many people.

I trust the admin to sort the problem out. Never had any issues with their competency or attitudes before. Just a nasty set of circumstances that happened on the wrong day.

From what i've seen to have happened, you can't blame the staff for the actions of today. And they shouldn't feel the need to apologise.

cardude2004
If this was true, then where did sUn get the image of Neon_Duke's account for his thread from?

Burr/Jon and Sunny/sUn know each other on many other forums. I have no doubt that Jon probably sent it to him.

I'm starting to lean more towards sUn now that I've read some of what happened earlier. Mainly his posts surrounding my 'discovery' of Captain Coffee as an Administrator and once I posted a pic of it Captain Coffee disappeared immediately.

very intersting.

So Duke, DA, Snoopie etc have been reinstated with the powers they had before?

VTGT07
I'm starting to lean more towards sUn now that I've read some of what happened earlier. Mainly his posts surrounding my 'discovery' of Captain Coffee as an Administrator and once I posted a pic of it Captain Coffee disappeared immediately.

Yearh well - sUn has sucked immensely for ages.. I for one won't miss him....

Hooray! I can post again! But thank god sUn is finally gone...

Oh .. and if it helps any with the timeframe to those working the investigation, the screenie I took was taken at approxiamately 11:27 EDT the morning of 1 April 2005.

vtgt07 its 10:51am for me, so according to you, that screenie was taken 30min ago ;). You should post your time in gmt :P

I have updated my first post with the following paragraph. Please read it for a full explanation with all of the details.

A few questions have been raised about Captain Coffee. This is Duke's alternate "testing" account, and he used it today to help clear up some permissions errors. It did not have anything to do with sUn, Jon, or anything else bad today.

I believe as members of this forum we all have the right to know exactly what happened and how it played out.

I don't want to use the 'Because I am a financial backer' card but I would hate to think that my money is going to a forum where power abusers reign supreme - not pointing fingers or anything because as others have said:

What the hell happened?
Taurine, this is exactly what I have done with my first post. I'm doing all that I can here to make it clear to everyone exactly what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back