About the April Fool's Joke

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 165 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jordan
Taurine, this is exactly what I have done with my first post. I'm doing all that I can here to make it clear to everyone exactly what happened.

Thank you Jordan, no harm was meant in what I said and I appreciate the effort you and your team put into this forum.

:)

Taurine
but this whole mess has completely blown away any sort of trust I did have in the first place.

I feel the same, I am very dissapointed with the staff here :(.

thanks for that jordan it has cleared up a lot of things 👍

VIPERGTSR01
I feel the same, I am very dissapointed with the staff here :(.

Once you know the full story it is evident that the joke played by the Admins caused no harm but the events that followed is what caused the damage.

I now know the full story, I still trust no one especially Mods and Admins and am still dissapointed!

VIPERGTSR01
I now know the full story, I still trust no one especially Mods and Admins and am still dissapointed!

you cant be serious!

how could the admin/mods stop sUn from doin that.

If it wasnt for sUn, Jon then the joke would be all fine and dandy. Its not there fault that this happened.

Thank you for your understanding, Taurine. If there is anything else I can do please let me know.

I am sorry that you feel that way, please understand that everything bad which happened today was completely beyond my control. The one "bad" moderator that we had has been banned, and you can rest assured that the rest of the moderator staff will be completely re-evaluated.

Small_Fryz
you cant be serious!

how could the admin/mods stop sUn from doin that.

If it wasnt for sUn, Jon then the joke would be all fine and dandy. Its not there fault that this happened.

Dont care, We was reasured this wasnt a april fools joke many times and that trust was pushed too far, I trust no one!

I even backed up Der alta after his ban when sUn started taking advantage of that, but now I feel like and idiot.

:D 👍 Thanks for the clear up Jordan, now there won't be any more rumors and what not. It's good to finally be in the loop.

I trust you guys, so one bad person happened to make a scene. Oh well it's life and the funny part is we will look back at all this and laugh on day.

BlazinXtreme
I trust you guys, so one bad person happened to make a scene. Oh well it's life and the funny part is we will look back at all this and laugh on day.

Yes indeed, it'll be known as the Biggest April Fools 'Joke' in GTP history.

We'll be talking about this in a few years time, much like what happened with the big mass of people who left GTP in disgust a few years back :D.

VIPERGTSR01
Dont care, We was reasured this wasnt a april fools joke many times and that trust was pushed too far, I trust no one!

I even backed up Der alta after his ban when sUn started taking advantage of that, but now I feel like and idiot.

the chances of such a thing happeing on april 01 and not being an april fools joke has got to be the same as wining the lottery 4 times in a row.

Yes it was good and conviceing, but if sUn didnt interfer it wouldnt have turn out bad anyway.

I for one can't believe all this hate for sUn now.

No one said anything about him, but now that's he's gone, suddenly everybody hates sUn.

I for one, found him as an ok person.

Small_Fryz
the chances of such a thing happeing on april 01 and not being an april fools joke has got to be the same as wining the lottery 4 times in a row.

Yes it was good and conviceing, but if sUn didnt interfer it wouldnt have turn out bad anyway.

I dont care what date it is, it was pushed too far, I have my opinion you have yours, leave it as that.

I really do appeciate Jordan explaining everything 👍

VIPERGTSR01
You have to remember though – our trust was broken too (by Jon and sUn). We've all been hurt in some way, so it doesn't help to yell about it and ruin your own experience here.

McLaren F1GTR

No one said anything about him, but now that's he's gone, suddenly everybody hates sUn.

considering he was one of the members who caused this mess, why wouldnt we dislike him?

No harm done here, I still trust all of the current mods and admins as much as I always have.

As far as I'm concerned, this morning's events were nothing but entertainment for me.

By the way, McLaren, I know plenty of members, myself included, who have hated sunny since the day he joined. Thank God he's finally gone!

Thanks for explainations Jordan.

I just thought it was a little fishy how as sUn was going haywire, that Admin account was present and when he stopped, it disappeared.

Anyways, thanks again Jordan and the rest of the admin/mod staff for sorting this out as quickly as they did. I, personally, don't know why people are saying they won't ever trust the mods again after this, without them it would have been MUCH worse.

Captain Coffee is a testing account, for those who inquired.

If some of you are having a hard time trusting the staff here, I can't imagine how you'd feel towards a bank. It was a prank that turned sour, nothing more, nothing less. All is back to normal, and I doubt such a thing will ever happen again.

McLaren F1GTR

I hate no one at GTP, I love everybody. Let´s hugh! :)

xAkirax2004
Damn, missed all of this...That sucks.

It was probably a good thing. If you saw it, you would probably feel a little insecure. Is it confusing people more that they don't see parts of the thread where all of this happened?

Sounds like the prank upset a lot of members. It would be interesting to read what exactly happened, but I'd probably be confused either way.

McLaren F1GTR

I've always hated him. We have a history.

a6m5
Sounds like the prank upset a lot of members. It would be interesting to read what exactly happened, but I'd probably be confused either way.

That is why I thought it was probably confusing people couldn't see the thread. I was very confused and somewhat scared. I didn't trust this site at all, and I saw the thread, so it would be really confusing to hear this and not see the thread. We don't need to see sUn's thread though. It just had a picture of Neon_Duke's account.

Event Horizon
I've always hated him. We have a history.
Like McLaren, I don't understand it either. What was wrong with sUn? I thought he was alright..........

cardude2004
We don't need to see sUn's thread though. It just had a picture of Neon_Duke's account.

I couldnt believe he posted that at the time, that was a ban for sure.

VIPERGTSR01
I couldnt believe he posted that at the time, that was a ban for sure.

I couldn't believe it either. I was stunned. It helped to calm me down and it helped sort it out because I knew something weird was going on. I knew sUn was doing something wrong when his user title went away and came back as Banned. I always thought he seemed like he would hack or something, someday. Now it is almost like Jon is the victim of identity theft. Jordan didn't know if sUn was impersonating Jon or Jon impersonating sUn. I still am a little unsure, but now that they found Jon and sUn, I am more trusting of this site.

a6m5
Like McLaren, I don't understand it either. What was wrong with sUn? I thought he was alright..........

You wouldn't know if you never had a problem with him. ;)

PunkRock
Captain Coffee is a testing account, for those who inquired.

If some of you are having a hard time trusting the staff here, I can't imagine how you'd feel towards a bank. It was a prank that turned sour, nothing more, nothing less. All is back to normal, and I doubt such a thing will ever happen again.
Next year we'll see ;)

Thanks for the explanation Jordan 👍

I'm also curious as to why so many people don't trust the staff anymore, there was one bad member of staff, everyone else was just part of an April fools joke. Just get over it, everyone did the best they could.

Blake

Maybe there will be a mass exodus as there was a few years ago. Who will be the Moses to lead the none trusting out of the GTP Sea so they can wander the internet for 40 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back