America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,707 comments

(The turd emoji is for the people profiled in the story, not you or your post.) I was reading about this last week. It's frightening what can happen when stupid people band together. I don't have children so I've never attended a school board meeting, but I'm thinking maybe I should go just to support the schools and push back against the cruelty of Q-Anon terrorists.

Man there's going to be a whole generation of really stupid kids. I'm glad I'll be teaching my son the stuff the school refuses to teach.

(The turd emoji is for the people profiled in the story, not you or your post.) I was reading about this last week. It's frightening what can happen when stupid people band together. I don't have children so I've never attended a school board meeting, but I'm thinking maybe I should go just to support the schools and push back against the cruelty of Q-Anon terrorists.
John Oliver returned this week and had a good portion of his show devoted to critical race theory. What it is, what it is not and the right wingers deceitful plans to make sure it never gets brought up again. A lot of the school board stuff is in there and it is shocking to see what these nutjob parents think and say.

LANGUAGE WARNING

Last edited:
About six months ago, I was talking about my family to a co-worker, and mentioned my wife's an elementary public school teacher. The first thing he could say was "Is she teaching critical race theory?"

Literally...the...first...thing...he...could...muster.

I replied: "She teaches first and second-grade children how to read, comprehend, write, and perform basic math skills. About 80% are below grade-level to begin with."

It's amazing how triggered people are by their fears, something they weren't even worried about until their favorite hate machines spewed out that propaganda. Even more unctuous when half of these are denizens of rural areas or districts that pay little to nothing towards public schools, so they should zip their lips about how they're funding things they "don't believe in", even though much of it is rooted in fact, not faith.

This was an actual adult person about 7-10 years older than myself. Next time I hear that, I'm going say she discusses the importance of aerodynamic car setups pit stops based on consumption patterns and track temperatures.

(To be honest, she did mention to kids that you can "discover something" for yourself, but you can't claim a land "didn't exist" before you sat foot on it, especially if other people were already living there...more of a philosophical argument on history than anything else.)

Last edited:
About six months ago, I was talking about my family to a co-worker, and mentioned my wife's an elementary public school teacher. The first thing he could say was "Is she teaching critical race theory?"

Literally...the...first...thing...he...could...muster.
You're not alone. My wife is also an elementary school teacher and also teaches (primarily) K-3. But she's certified to develop entire programs for LLD students. That can range for anything from children with basic learning disabilities or below average specific skill sets, or physical problems or emotional problems, etc. Essentially anything that could hold them back from normal grade level work and her classes attempt to get them up to standard level.

When she went to see her parents last year in rural Texas, which is where her step was originally from and where they ultimately retired to, he, AND two neighbors she was introduced to, asked this same question.

Pretty sure one of the first rules of fright club is to not let everyone know what you're afraid of.
They're already breaking rule five: one fright at a time. More than one joke at a time (or at all) would be an improvement for them though.

Last edited:

Trump on Fox News: Putin attack on Ukraine happened “because of a rigged election” in the United States.
Yes, Russia is actually invading Ukraine territory b/c there are hidden documents placed by the no-good Democrats that prove they rigged the election & the Ukraine scratched Hunter Biden's back to elect his dad.

Ship the lap dog to Moscow & revoke his US citizenship. Let him live out his last 15-20 years with Papa Putin.

Last edited:
Yes, Russia is actually invading Ukraine territory b/c there are hidden documents placed by the no-good Democrats that prove they rigged the election & the Ukraine scratched Hunter Biden's back to elect his dad.

Ship the lap dog to Moscow & revoke his US citizenship. Let him live out his last 15-20 years with Papa Putin.
15-20? That seems optimistic. He's not in the greatest shape.

Looks like Ketanji Brown Jackson is Biden's SCOTUS pick. Great.

Obviously, the GOP can be expected to take a reasoned approach to opposition, or...

...not. Modern American conservatism is a mental illness. Republican is when bitchfit.

So radical that Paul Ryan doesn't even mind that she's part of the family and has nothing but good things to say about her.

So radical that Paul Ryan doesn't even mind that she's part of the family and has nothing but good things to say about her.
"Paul Ryan is a cuckservative."

Edit: It's official. Brown Jackson is Biden's nomination to the Supreme Court.

It's disappointing that Breyer is retiring from the Court. A respected jurist. A pragmatist. A humanist. But there's a nice symmetry with Brown Jackson's nomination as she clerked for Breyer. She's got bench experience (more than multiple current Justices combined) and she's a former public defender, which is to be
expected respected. She was already confirmed by the United States Senate for placement on the Court of Appeals.

Edit:

:lol:

Miss Lindsey has a case of the vapors.

Last edited:
I don't always agree with Romney, but out of all the Utahn politicians in Congress he's certainly the best:

"Look, there is no place in either political party for this White nationalism or racism. It's simply wrong ... it's evil as well," Romney told CNN's Dana Bash on "State of the Union." "(Rep.) Marjorie Taylor Greene and (Rep.) Paul Gosar, I don't know them, but I'm reminded of that old line from the 'Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid' movie where - where one character says, 'Morons, I've got morons on my team.' And I have to think anybody that would sit down with White nationalists and speak at their conference was certainly missing a few IQ points."

The Stormin Mormon is out his spitting straight fire.

I don't always agree with Romney, but out of all the Utahn politicians in Congress he's certainly the best:

He's trying to defend conservatism from authoritarianism. Good luck to him.

I hope everyone is able to remember that it was me, as President of the United States, that got delinquent NATO members to start paying their dues, which amounted to hundreds of billions of dollars,” Trump wrote in a statement released Monday. “There would be no NATO if I didn’t act strongly and swiftly.”
It was me that got Ukraine the very effective anti-tank busters (Javelins) when the previous Administration was sending blankets. Let History so note!”

I threatened to pull out of NATO, that's why they started paying their dues. I withheld additional aid to Ukraine & faced impeachment over it, but I'm also the one who gave them Javelins.

Reaction GIF

I gather it was during this statement that he referred to the voicing of support for Putin as "almost treasonous." I'm not gonna lie, my first thought was that there's no stronger proof that he's a Republican than his accusing those with whom he disagrees (however objectionable their remarks notwithstanding) of treason.

In a move that will surprise no one, GOP canvassers have changed more than 140 registered Democrats to Republicans in Miami Beach FL, targeting lower income and immigrant citizens.

Latest Posts

Back