America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,707 comments
Oh dear Lord, this has to be THE most embarrassing Freudian slip of all time, from the master himself...

The best bit is where he says, just after that, under his voice and with a pretty pained expression "Well, Iraq too".

I'm just openly speculating at this point, but it seems like he's entirely aware of the fact that he made the wrong call - and was perhaps misled into it...

Just when many were seriously considering buying a Tesla, Elon posts a Tweet attacking the very people most likely to buy a Tesla…

Musk is just covering his ass for when everything goes south. Also, since Russia can't bankroll Republicans anymore, I'm sure they're looking for a new source of money and Musk has enough of it to buy as many politicians as he wants.

Just when many were seriously considering buying a Tesla, Elon posts a Tweet attacking the very people most likely to buy a Tesla…

I mean, I'm not saying that this is an empty announcement, but if I were to guess which party the most exceptionally wealthy person in the USA who has thus far bought his way into success without creating anything, relocated from a blue State to a (gerrymandered) red State, is anti-union, believes his speech must be free even on private platforms, lives in fear of a capital wealth tax, was born in an apartheid-practicing country during apartheid era and is obsessed with pop culture of that era, has factories with more OSHA violations than most of the rest of industry combined and myriad reports of sexual harrassment and anti-worker, homophobic, and racist behaviour being tolerated and ignored (unconnected to his apartheid roots, I'm sure), has recently been lauding quasi-slave labour in China, and has openly supported the banning of abortion, Greg Abbott, and Donald Trump, and is basically just trolling because he's rich enough to stave off any actual consequences would put his tick against...

... I might just suspect, perhaps, it'd be the Republican Party.

Last edited:

It is weird that you don't have the top Democrats speaking out more forcefully against this. Sure you have a few that make a Tweet, but that's kind of it. Liz Cheney seems to be speaking out more than anyone and by doing so it actually threatens her reelection. Democrats have nothing to lose and everything to gain by slamming the GOP's love affair with white supremacy. But Democrats, for the most part, are completely feckless. I mean I'll take the spineless Democrats over the authoritarian Republicans, but we really are on the worst timeline if these are the two main choices in America.

I can certainly come up with some wild conspiracy theories as to why this is, but even if they're not correct, the fact that I can reason they could be correct is concerning enough.

... person in the USA who has thus far bought his way into success without creating anything, relocated from a blue State to a (gerrymandered) red State, is anti-union, believes his speech must be free even on private platforms, lives in fear of a capital wealth tax, was born in an apartheid-practicing country during apartheid era and is obsessed with pop culture of that era, has factories with more OSHA violations than most of the rest of industry combined and myriad reports of sexual harrassment and anti-worker, homophobic, and racist behaviour being tolerated and ignored (unconnected to his apartheid roots, I'm sure), has recently been lauding quasi-slave labour in China, and has openly supported the banning of abortion, Greg Abbott, and Donald Trump, and is basically just trolling because he's rich enough to stave off any actual consequences ...
Nobody is perfect /s

It is weird that you don't have the top Democrats speaking out more forcefully against this. Sure you have a few that make a Tweet, but that's kind of it. Liz Cheney seems to be speaking out more than anyone and by doing so it actually threatens her reelection. Democrats have nothing to lose and everything to gain by slamming the GOP's love affair with white supremacy. But Democrats, for the most part, are completely feckless. I mean I'll take the spineless Democrats over the authoritarian Republicans, but we really are on the worst timeline if these are the two main choices in America.

I can certainly come up with some wild conspiracy theories as to why this is, but even if they're not correct, the fact that I can reason they could be correct is concerning enough.
If you mention it you start legitimising it. You make it into a thing, even if it isn't a thing. If you largely ignore it it can just be swept under the carpet with the rest of the simplistic conspiracy theories that the far right like to get hot under the collar about.

If you mention it you start legitimising it. You make it into a thing, even if it isn't a thing. If you largely ignore it it can just be swept under the carpet with the rest of the simplistic conspiracy theories that the far right like to get hot under the collar about.
The biggest issue is that there's a lack of concrete evidence for it. I'm almost certain that the Democrats and Republicans work together more than any of us know, the only problem is that I can't prove it. The biggest example I have though is that Trump is/was friends with the Clintons and I'm of the belief that Trump only ran for president and only said such absurd things to make Hillary more appealing. The only problem was that many Americans ate up Trump's BS and he got elected. Once surrounded by yes men, he started to enjoy the smell of his own BS and it led to the election of some completely awful Republicans into Congress.

Either that or an alarming number of people in the US government are foreign "agents" of sorts. While this is definitely easier to prove, being able to get people to care is another story. There are countless accusations, with a decent amount of evidence, that shows that politicians are being bankrolled by countries like Russia. However, it seems that no one with the power to do something about it gives a hoot. Even if they're not being bankrolled by a foreign country, it's painfully obvious they're being bankrolled by corporations.

I guess to put a finer point on it, US politicians don't care about the American people and only care about money, themselves, and seeing what they can get away with.

I find it funny that he's become the darling of the very people he's trying to put out of business. I wonder how many Republicans in the oil industry have an electric car.

Also:

Republicans 2010: Corporations should be allowed to become involved in politics.

Republicans 2022: Corporations should stay out of politics.

CEO of Tesla 2022: "I'm voting Republican"

Republicans 2022: "That's our boy!!"

I blame the primary process, which rewards extremism and discourages moderation. Back before the internet and the idea of potentially gaining "national acclaim" for every ****ing state and local election by just being more outrageous than the next guy, the primary process was probably ok. Now though, it's just a toxic wasteland.

In districts like the ones occupied by nutjobs like MTG or LB, does it make sense for any Democrat voter to actually vote in the Democratic primary? Wouldn't it be far more reasonable to register as a Republican (if necessary) and vote for a more palatable candidate? I'm pretty sure there are no laws prohibiting voting for a Democrat in a GE if you are registered as a Republican. I'm in the deepest of the deep blue, so I feel like I have the opposite responsibility (yes, there are notjobs on the left too).

Ultimately, I'm not sure the segregated (IE Republican & Democratic) primaries do anything for the country other than produce divisive, if not outright confrontational representatives and accelerating tribalism....pretty much exactly the situation the founders of the country wanted to void. Maybe it should become the civic duty of all citizens to vote for both a Republican and Democratic candidate - fully open primaries, that way everyone has at least some feeling of representation where otherwise they might not (for example if a voter only votes in the Democratic primary in a district that is 95% republican...they have effectively zero say on decision making, whereas if they vote in the Republican primary also, they at least have a seat at the table, even if it is small). I realize that this is not possible in most places because primaries are locked to voters registered to those parties. I bet you could trial it in some moderate places though.

The little bitch lost, and that's great, but this is devastating and I can't not share it...because Madison Cawthorn is a liar.

Screenshot_20220519-222758_Chrome.jpg

Oh boy, we've made Madison mad now. Dark MAGA is coming.
When the establishment turned their guns on me, when the Uni-party coalesced to defeat an America First member very few people had my back. This list includes the lion share of figures that came to my defense when it was not politically profitable. These are honorable men and women who are the type of friends anyone yearns to have. “At the beginning of a change the patriot is a rare and hated man.” These are those rare and hated men/women. There are other National figures who I believe are patriots, but I am on a mission now to expose those who say and promise one thing yet legislate and work towards another, self-profiteering, globalist goal. The time for genteel politics as usual has come to an end. It’s time for the rise of the new right, it’s time for Dark MAGA to truly take command. We have an enemy to defeat, but we will never be able to defeat them until we defeat the cowardly and weak members of our own party. Their days are numbered. We are coming.

And again with these stupid, nerdy phrases out of a movie. "Their days are numbered. We are coming".
Donald Trump Losers GIF by GIPHY News

Last edited:
I mean, I'm not saying that this is an empty announcement, but if I were to guess which party the most exceptionally wealthy person in the USA who has thus far bought his way into success without creating anything, relocated from a blue State to a (gerrymandered) red State, is anti-union, believes his speech must be free even on private platforms, lives in fear of a capital wealth tax, was born in an apartheid-practicing country during apartheid era and is obsessed with pop culture of that era, has factories with more OSHA violations than most of the rest of industry combined and myriad reports of sexual harrassment and anti-worker, homophobic, and racist behaviour being tolerated and ignored (unconnected to his apartheid roots, I'm sure), has recently been lauding quasi-slave labour in China, and has openly supported the banning of abortion, Greg Abbott, and Donald Trump, and is basically just trolling because he's rich enough to stave off any actual consequences would put his tick against...

... I might just suspect, perhaps, it'd be the Republican Party.
I wonder where on the Republican approval scale this one will rank?

SpaceX, the aerospace firm founded by Elon Musk, the world's wealthiest man, paid a flight attendant $250,000 to settle a sexual misconduct claim against Musk in 2018, Insider has learned.
According to the declaration, the attendant confided to the friend that after taking the flight attendant job, she was encouraged to get licensed as a masseuse so that she could give Musk massages.
Gross.

Last edited:
I wonder where on the Republican approval scale this one will rank?

Gross.
Apparently he's decided to handle his own PR on this one - first with the deflections yesterday which included "oh they're going to politically attack me now, just watch" - and commented that if he did like to expose himself to and sexually harass women, it's unlikely this would be the first time it came out.

Which isn't necessarily the dumbest thing he could have said, but isn't far off.

As he's now pitched in with the party of Project to Deflect, the probability that he was named in Ghislaine Maxwell's sealed testimony has risen.

Last edited:
Back