America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,707 comments
I do wonder if there is somebody she cares about that has been threatened by someone in a fail-deadly sort of way.
The only person she ever cared about "fell off a boat" in 1991.

So odd that she only gets four years per trafficking charge. That's pretty much a year for every year every girl was underage.

But she definitely trafficked them. Which means she procured them for someone, and therefore the court at least knows who the someone is in each case - if there was no someone there's no trafficking, just regular old kidnap, so she can't be guilty of trafficking. But she is...

... so who were they?

Who do you have in mind?
Noncepool is a dodgy game, but I'd be looking at the US Senate for starters. If not higher.

In absolutely unrelated news, hopefully future convict and death row inmate Donald Trump apparently ordered the Secret Service to disable the metal detectors at the Capitol on January 6th, because the people with guns "aren't there for me"....

He also allegedly ordered the SS to take him there because "I'm the ****ing President", and tried to grab the steering wheel of the Escalade in which he was riding, assaulting a SS agent in the process.

I don't actually believe that last part, because the concept of that sack of **** doing any kind of physical activity is almost alien.

Last edited:
The only person she ever cared about "fell off a boat" in 1991.

So odd that she only gets four years per trafficking charge. That's pretty much a year for every year every girl was underage.

But she definitely trafficked them. Which means she procured them for someone, and therefore the court at least knows who the someone is in each case - if there was no someone there's no trafficking, just regular old kidnap, so she can't be guilty of trafficking. But she is...

... so who were they?
Jeffrey Epstein. https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/29/us/ghislaine-maxwell-trial-wednesday/index.html

On another note, I saw an interesting ad on the foxnews.com website, so I decided to follow the link.

1656460074126.png

Mhmmm...nailed it

Last edited:
There's nothing to rule out other candidates running in the ruling party's Presidential primary. I vaguely remember Vermin Supreme running in the 2012 Democratic Primary. IIRC either the 1964/68 Democratic Primaries were riven with internal strife due to the Vietnam War.

Can another Democrat run against the incumbent president in the 2024 elections?
Yes, but it's rare that anyone seriously challenges an incumbent. It's been 30 years since anyone made any waves against an incumbent president's re-election bid.

They still have to go through the formal nominating process in the respective party's conventions. It's been a very long time since there has been enough strife to cause a rift between delegates who chose their party's overall candidate.

Well so much for tribal sovereignty.
In dissent, Gorsuch excoriates the majority for its blithe disregard for the facts and history of the issue at hand. This would be the same Gorsuch who, not satisfied with the facts in Kennedy that present a petitioner with the penchant and propensity for public spectacle, fabricated a narrative alleging private prayer.

In dissent, Gorsuch excoriates the majority for its blithe disregard for the facts and history of the issue at hand. This would be the same Gorsuch who, not satisfied with the facts in Kennedy that present a petitioner with the penchant and propensity for public spectacle, fabricated a narrative alleging private prayer.
They find the facts when it suits them. It's so common of supreme court justice opinions. They occasionally write this amazing stuff, and you're like... "wow this person really gets it". And then the next opinion comes out and they just all change seats. Suddenly the people who were fabricating stuff stop doing it and really tie to the facts of the case, and suddenly the people who were really focusing on reality just start making stuff up. It's very frustrating, and leaves you feeling like none of them have any intellectual rigor or principles.

I kinda know how it happens too. They have their opinions written up by clerks, they just pick the best arguments that their clerks present. So in one case, a clerk can come up with an amazing argument and they roll with that. In another case, the clerks can't come up with anything good so they just pick the best of the bad. It really speaks to the fact that the legal argument is often secondary to the outcome they have picked a priori.

They find the facts when it suits them. It's so common of supreme court justice opinions. They occasionally write this amazing stuff, and you're like... "wow this person really gets it". And then the next opinion comes out and they just all change seats. Suddenly the people who were fabricating stuff stop doing it and really tie to the facts of the case, and suddenly the people who were really focusing on reality just start making stuff up. It's very frustrating, and leaves you feeling like none of them have any intellectual rigor or principles.

I kinda know how it happens too. They have their opinions written up by clerks, they just pick the best arguments that their clerks present. So in one case, a clerk can come up with an amazing argument and they roll with that. In another case, the clerks can't come up with anything good so they just pick the best of the bad. It really speaks to the fact that the legal argument is often secondary to the outcome they have picked a priori.
No doubt. I just enjoy this particular hypocritical bitchfit from Gorsuch.

Yes! We dodged a bullet there! I shudder to think of the terrible state the US would be in if people had voted for Hillary instead of Trump.
We'd probably be better off and not be facing the issues we're facing atm. All this cause of Hillary's emails 🙄

Last edited:
DK
IIRC either the 1964/68 Democratic Primaries were riven with internal strife due to the Vietnam War.
In 1968 LBJ was considering running but he polled so badly within the Democratic Party that he pulled out before the primaries.

We'd probably be better off and not be facing the issues we're facing atm. All this cause of Hillary's emails 🙄
I would say it was all cause of the fact that she was a "pushy woman". At bottom it's as simple as that.

"Capping carbon dioxide emissions at a level that will force a nationwide transition away from the use of coal to generate electricity may be a sensible 'solution to the crisis of the day,'" Roberts wrote. "But it is not plausible that Congress gave EPA the authority to adopt on its own such a regulatory scheme in Section 111(d). A decision of such magnitude and consequence rests with Congress itself, or an agency acting pursuant to a clear delegation from that representative body."

So Roberts recognizes there is a crisis and that the EPA is just in doing something alleviate it. But then he simultaneously says it must be congress that does something about it instead, surely knowing full well that congress will do nothing about it. This is called bad faith.

This was another one that everyone saw coming, but I'm legitimately wondering where the point is that this Supreme Court with it's current makeup of partisan hacks just starts being ignored like so many members of the former administration were doing for all other federal courts anyway.

Last edited:
Back