America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,707 comments
Oh crap, Karen has explosives now?!
Probably the work of the local Mal-iban.
Well former Republican Candidate for governor of Georgia and well known right wing whack job Kandiss Taylor says god did it. I figured it was her at first based on the tweet she posted while campaigning. But apparently god must be losing some of his power if he's having to use explosives now instead of waving his hands or blinking his eyes or whatever they believe he does.

Which was then pointed out to her.

Last edited:
I desperately want to see the wheel these stupid mother****ers spin to inspire some of the ****ing unhinged, idiotic **** that they spew. Just a peek. Pretty please?

Last edited:
Kandiss Taylor

I know that English is not a phonetic language, but a name like that can only come from the mystical workings of the Illiterati.

(Note: Oh, that's a board game. I thought I was being cute.)

Last edited:
I know that English is not a phonetic language, but a name like that can only come from the mystical workings of the Illiterati.

(Note: Oh, that's a board game. I thought I was being cute.)
It looks like it was originally spelt out on a ouija board.

Awww..... It looks like old Judge Roy Moore has struck out again. If you haven't seen the segment that the article is describing, it is hilarious.

He must've had a hard time trying to prove that the guy responsible for the Rudy's pants sting was anything but a harmless (and hilarious) prankster.

FREE SPEECH IS DEAD OH NO.

Surprised Mamimi.gif

Elon: I like this car, I'll buy it. Here I signed the contract. Ha, libs.
Dealer: Oh...did you want to like, look at it first?
Elon: Nah, I'm good
Dealer: Ok cool.
Elon: Hey wait! This car doesn't have wheels!
Dealer: You already bought it
Elon: But I don't want it!!! Wait, how much did this cost?

Last edited:
Elon Musk might be, in his mind, a great genius, but you definitely should not hire him as your attorney.

Elon: I like this car, I'll buy it. Here I signed the contract. Ha, libs.
Dealer: Oh...did you want to like, look at it first?
Elon: Nah, I'm good
Dealer: Ok cool.
Elon: Hey wait! This car doesn't have wheels!
Dealer: You already bought it
Elon: But I don't want it!!! Wait, how much did this cost?
Deal wasn't done though.

You say that but uh...

It's worth pointing out that Bret Taylor is the chair of the board at Twitter.

Has anyone actually bothered to read why he backed out?

Last edited:
Has anyone actually bothered to read why he backed out?
Ya, it's all over every media outlet right now. He claims that Twitter has too many bots and spam accounts and doesn't believe the numbers Twitter is telling him. If Twitter can prove it though, it's not going to be good for Musk, and nor should it. Musk already has a track record of market manipulation so I can't imagine the courts going easy on him here.

Ya, it's all over every media outlet right now. He claims that Twitter has too many bots and spam accounts and doesn't believe the numbers Twitter is telling him. If Twitter can prove it though, it's not going to be good for Musk, and nor should it. Musk already has a track record of market manipulation so I can't imagine the courts going easy on him here.
Right...and Twitter wasn't falling over itself to sell itself in the first place, remember that they initially attempted to prevent the takeover. Elon initiated this almost like a hostile takeover. It's blindingly clear that Musk made a hasty, rash decision because it was kind of trolly & fun and he thought it would raise his stature but then immediately realized it was a tremendous mistake. I think backing out, if he can, is a really good idea for Musk but I do think it's pretty humorous that he did basically no due diligence before agreeing to buy a company for forty-four billion dollars.

Last edited:
Ars Technica has a good write-up about it too:

Basically, it looks like Musk can break the deal, however, he'll be on the hook for $1 billion or more. I get that a billion isn't really that serious in the grand scheme of things to Musk, but it's still a pretty expensive lesson. I really do hope the courts stick it to Musk though because he does need to be put in his place if he's going to play in the realm of hostile takeovers. Maybe this will shut him up for a moment so he can focus on making expensive, yet poor-quality, cars and shooting rockets into space (which his company is rather good at).

Ars Technica has a good write-up about it too:

Basically, it looks like Musk can break the deal, however, he'll be on the hook for $1 billion or more. I get that a billion isn't really that serious in the grand scheme of things to Musk, but it's still a pretty expensive lesson. I really do hope the courts stick it to Musk though because he does need to be put in his place if he's going to play in the realm of hostile takeovers. Maybe this will shut him up for a moment so he can focus on making expensive, yet poor-quality, cars and shooting rockets into space (which his company is rather good at).
Very happy that twitter is not under his control.

Honestly nothing to see here.

This was not just a nothingburger, but a protracted Impossible Nothingburger Lite with hot-air-patties, fake grill marques, fresh-baked conjecture, attention-seeking toppings, and zilch sauce.

It's going fast but sticking around for a limited time until Musk finds something else to grab the media's attention and his acolytes create artificial buzz to complete the meal (sold separately).

Last edited:
I did nazi this coming...

Last edited:
I did nazi this coming...
It's probably important to teach that not all German soldiers were actively against Jews and pro-Aryan. However, that needs to be coupled with the dangers of the military blindly following orders and why authoritarianism and fascism are so dangerous, and how they control the military for their own gains. I suspect that's not how it'll be taught though and in some backwoods areas, they'll probably teach that Hitler was just trying to make sure the "white race" continued to survive and that some of those ideas need to be put forth now so those "dirty brown people" don't take over. Having been lost in backwoods (ok there aren't woods in Ohio, but back-cornfields?) Ohio before, I can 100% see that happening.

It's probably important to teach that not all German soldiers were actively against Jews and pro-Aryan. However, that needs to be coupled with the dangers of the military blindly following orders and why authoritarianism and fascism are so dangerous, and how they control the military for their own gains.
And also how soldiers and civilians came to be complacent of the Holocaust. A lot of German citizens were willing to give Hitler and the Nazis a pass on their atrocities because they had built Germany back up from the Great Depression and arguably turned the country into an actual superpower before the war. A lot of people were willing to feign ignorance because their lives had massively improved.

We're seeing a similar thing with the GoP and its base currently, as a lot of people are willing to give them a pass on their actions because it's hurting the people they don't like, even though their actions are objectively abhorrent.

Latest Posts

Back