America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,741 comments
Because those counties in Michigan are dry by default, yet have cities that may elect to go wet.

Dry, but a little wet...

bsALkcm.jpg
That map may need updating. The only place in MI that is dry that I could find was Oak Park, which last year voted to start allowing businesses to sell beer. No other Counties or Cities are dry.

Watching this Ferguson situation is quite comical, yet a complete overreaction.
It is sad to see something as commonplace be taken way out of context..

Watching this Ferguson situation is quite comical, yet a complete overreaction.
It is sad to see something as commonplace be taken way out of context..
The problem is that unarmed teens getting shot shouldn't be commonplace. Someone needed to stand up. This isn't as open and shut as a young child taking a grenade to the face in a raid on a house with no criminals inside. They picked a fight over a case that could be considered justified by the masses.

The problem is that unarmed teens getting shot shouldn't be commonplace. Someone needed to stand up. This isn't as open and shut as a young child taking a grenade to the face in a raid on a house with no criminals inside. They picked a fight over a case that could be considered justified by the masses.
And now a riot will ensue.

The problem is that unarmed teens getting shot shouldn't be commonplace. Someone needed to stand up.
Absolutely; however, as I am watching the prosecutor give the detailed explanation of the case, there was cause and just action.

Sure people need to stand up, but for those who stand up with no evidence, facts, justification, or anything to prove their case need to sit down.

And now a riot will ensue.
They are more upset than anything now, but I am unsure what is going on elsewhere..

This isn't as open and shut as a young child taking a grenade to the face in a raid on a house with no criminals inside.
I have no information for this, but from what I heard that there was information regarding a drug/illegal operation which was going to be taken care of accordingly.
That's all I have... My opinion is unknown because I don't have everything in front of me.

They picked a fight over a case that could be considered justified by the masses.
It could be, but would that be the absolute correct per the information and evidence that happened/occurred?
Probably not....
Like the prosecutor said, there were/are some people out there that gave fictitious evidence and stood/stand by it even though it couldn't be further from what actually happened.

Last edited:
Just saying. I know for a fact that the punishment (death) does not fit the crime at hand (robbery), but when asking for people to be treated fairly, why does it always have to come after something like this. Someone commits a crime, is treated unfairly and then people moan how they are mistreated.

Just saying. I know for a fact that the punishment (death) does not fit the crime at hand (robbery), but when asking for people to be treated fairly, why does it always have to come after something like this. Someone commits a crime, is treated unfairly and then people moan how they are mistreated.
Robbery + altercation with an officer

The previous crime is irrelevant. From what I understand, Brown was stopped by Officer Wilson for walking in the middle of the street, instead of complying with the Officer's instructions he decides to attack the Officer and try to get his firearm. I believe there was a struggle in the Officer's cruiser where a shot was fired, Brown then starts to walk away and when ordered to stop by Officer Wilson, Brown turns around and charges.

Ultimately Brown made the decision to end his life that day. If any one of us were in Officer Wilson's boots at that moment I have no doubt in my mind that we'd be in fear for our lives. The shooting was justified according to the facts and it is a shame so many people made it about race and declared Officer Wilson guilty before getting the whole story.

The previous crime is irrelevant. From what I understand, Brown was stopped by Officer Wilson for walking in the middle of the street, instead of complying with the Officer's instructions he decides to attack the Officer and try to get his firearm. I believe there was a struggle in the Officer's cruiser where a shot was fired, Brown then starts to walk away and when ordered to stop by Officer Wilson, Brown turns around and charges.

Ultimately Brown made the decision to end his life that day. If any one of us were in Officer Wilson's boots at that moment I have no doubt in my mind that we'd be in fear for our lives. The shooting was justified according to the facts and it is a shame so many people made it about race and declared Officer Wilson guilty before getting the whole story.
I don't agree that it is entirely irrelevant. If Wilson never responded what would it be? A kid waking in the middle of the road?
There are 5,6, 7 year old kids who do that in my subdivision. Now was this a main road or a side street/subdivision, I do not know.. But it does have relevance.

I don't agree that it is entirely irrelevant. If Wilson never responded what would it be? A kid waking in the middle of the road?
There are 5,6, 7 year old kids who do that in my subdivision. Now was this a main road or a side street/subdivision, I do not know.. But it does have relevance.

I'm talking about the robbery, that is completely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things because as far as I'm aware, Officer Wilson didn't know that had taken place. I'm sure Brown committing that robbery made him react to the Police in a different manner than he would've if he was an innocent bystander but my point was it doesn't matter if Brown had murdered someone or simply littered before coming into contact with Law Enforcement, he made the decision to end his life by attacking Officer Wilson.

Wilson was completely justified in stopping Brown for walking in the middle of the street and he was justified to defend his life as well.

I'm talking about the robbery, that is completely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things because as far as I'm aware, Officer Wilson didn't know that had taken place. I'm sure Brown committing that robbery made him react to the Police in a different manner than he would've if he was an innocent bystander but my point was it doesn't matter if Brown had murdered someone or simply littered before coming into contact with Law Enforcement, he made the decision to end his life by attacking Officer Wilson.

Wilson was completely justified in stopping Brown for walking in the middle of the street and he was justified to defend his life as well.
From the prosecutors report Wilson was in a mall waiting for an emt (forgot the reason as to why, but he was with a woman in need of help) to come, and heard over radio that a black male, white shirt, red hat had robbed a store (as per description of the prosecutor and witness calling in).

So he must have been aware. But yes, littering or not, he was in defense for his life.

From the prosecutors report Wilson was in a mall waiting for an emt (forgot the reason as to why, but he was with a woman in need of help) to come, and heard over radio that a black male, white shirt, red hat had robbed a store (as per description of the prosecutor and witness calling in).

So he must have been aware. But yes, littering or not, he was in defense for his life.

Ah, I wasn't aware of that. I haven't been following a lot of the media stories about this because of the blatant bias so I must have missed that.

The real story (as usual) is how destructive mob mentality and the willingness for news outlets to ignore critical facts can be.
Obama is secretly loving this. The way he can get back into the good graces of Americans.... All they have to do is ignore all the nothing he's done for the country. If anyone criticizes him there will be more race cards played.

The people in Ferguson need to think about voting more, voter turn out in the last few elections have been terrible. The police nor the elected officials reflect demographics of the community. In my neighborhood, the cop who lives down the street looks like me. The cop down the street looks like the kids in the neighborhood. He knows the kids by name, they respect him.

Ah, I wasn't aware of that. I haven't been following a lot of the media stories about this because of the blatant bias so I must have missed that.
I could care less what CNN and others are reporting, all I wanted to see was the prosecutors report..

Now I'm watching the riots take place and it is ridiculous. Ferguson PD asked for it. There were so many ways they could have actively prepared for this rather than passive preparation.

For example, road spikes at all surrounding intersection by the police station with officers monitoring the spikes to prevent cars entering/blocking access for the fire/police department (they are side by side).
Officers at intersections to allow traffic to go through (excluding above example).
Surround intersections with police vehicles and officers by vehicles...

Ferguson asked for it. Release the report at 3 a.m., or during daylight hours. Setup police checkpoints, or something just to have communication and accountability of the officers.
I think all actions taken so far have been necessary, but not enough to stop this..

The people in Ferguson need to think about voting more, voter turn out in the last few elections have been terrible. The police nor the elected officials reflect demographics of the community. In my neighborhood, the cop who lives down the street looks like me. The cop down the street looks like the kids in the neighborhood. He knows the kids by name, they respect him.
Vote with knowledge is a slogan which should go around America. No business men (imo) should be elected, anyone who abuses the system (hard to come by), just common sense voting, not based on adverts they see on television or the Internet.

EDIT:

Watching the rioters on the Interstate/ now is ridiculous. I would be hard pressed to see a driver being surrounded run over the rioters to get out of the way, and be treated differently than the man who was attacked in NY by the bikers..

Last edited:
Nothing we can do to stop it, and that's what matters.

My social media has been plastered with this **** since I'm from and am in Saint Louis. I just want it to go away, but it's not.

People are streaming in to voice their opinions, but honestly, **** the opinions, the protests, and the stores that are going to be looted as a result of this. I was all ears when the events went down, but after being battered over the head with this stuff and being forced to talk of it, it's just annoying.

Now, I'm just going to focus on what I have to do with school, and getting away from Saint Louis. That's really all I want as of now. Using Facebook as an RSS type of feed is out of the window.

I really don't understand the mentality of setting fire to your own town's establishments and buildings. Sure, you're angry, but all you are doing is hurting yourself in the process.

I really don't understand the mentality of setting fire to your own town's establishments and buildings. Sure, you're angry, but all you are doing is hurting yourself in the process.
It would be nice if some of the people standing next to these rioters would stop them from doing that. But this isn't a perfect world and that won't happen (at least tonight).

Just saw the photos of Wilson in the hospital after the altercation and looks like he got a pretty good lick to the cheek and ear.. It's also sad to see the Interstate shut down...

Yeah, right.... They should go and burn down the multi-million dollar houses in the Central West End. That'll get their thoughts across, right?

I'd assume that the people who don't want violence would be heavily outnumbered by at least 10 to 1. The only realistic way that the rioting will go away is if the National Guard puts a stop to it.

Yeah, right.... They should go and burn down the multi-million dollar houses in the Central West End. That'll get their thoughts across, right?
Might as well. I can envision these same people complaining in a month that they have no establishments to purchase food from.

Back