America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,707 comments
Either way, everyone would be better off if he only shot himself. No crime or loss of innocent life involved in that...
To be honest, I would prefer if he succumbed to his injuries as well. What he did is beyond disgusting.

To be honest, I would prefer if he succumbed to his injuries as well. What he did is beyond disgusting.
I disagree. Now that he's done the irredeemable, the best possible outcome would be him surviving and forcing to live the rest of his life in custody, fully aware of what he's done, because that's exactly what he was trying to avoid.

And of course CNN shows the footage.

Absolutely despicable and desperate.

@Omnis.

2 killed, no wounded.

They have the license plate and name of the suspected shooter.
2 killed 1 wounded. The woman being interviewed was also shot and is now in stable condition after surgery. The gun man shot himself AFTER posting his POV of the shooting. So technically 2 killed 2 wounded.

Suspect seems to be a disgruntled ex employee.
Correct.

Looking at a still from the video, it looked like he was behind the camera guy, but you'd think the reporter or the interviewee would've noticed him.

An update on the incident, apparently the suspect has already taken his own life.
I am also shocked they did not notice him. He was even pointing the gun only a few feet from her face.

The suspect is not dead, he shot himself, but is still alive. He posted his POV of the shooting just before shooting and injuring himself.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/th...-wounded-woman-in-stable-condition/ar-BBm7Lzh

I disagree. Now that he's done the irredeemable, the best possible outcome would be him surviving and forcing to live the rest of his life in custody, fully aware of what he's done, because that's exactly what he was trying to avoid.
Why so tax payers can pay for him to be in prison?? Only to eventually get out later. You want to pay for this guy to be in prison forever too? http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/judge-formally-sentences-james-holmes-to-life-in-prison/ar-BBm7Ac0

I actually thought this topic was going to be in the "guns" thread. I looked there first.

Last edited:
And so concludes this whole 🤬 mess.

3 dead, one injured and tons of people scarred by a on-air double murder.

The guy was convinced he was wronged by the people he shot, if there was any credit to his accusations he posted on Twitter that is.

According to news reports, he was quite a difficult employee to work with, even going as far as intentionally finding things to get offended about.

Only thing we know for sure is that the 23 page massage he sent the night before to news outlets will be reported on at some point.

The 24 hour news cycle is also one of the reasons I pretty much do not watch any news channels. It tends to be a whole lot of garbage and little actual good content. I also get to avoid seeing all the negative crap going on in the world. Life already does a good enough job beating us up constantly, I do not need an outside influence, that I can control, helping pile more on.
Well this rule applies to any place ever.

Why the news dont want to have a positive and non political biased view. Oh yeah view counts.

Straw poll:

Should members of Congress be term limited?
Yes! It's time to freshen things up and remove the ones who have gotten to comfortable in their position and doing what ever the highest bidder pays.

What reason is given for congressmen not having term limits? Is there any given justification for the status quo?

What reason is given for congressmen not having term limits? Is there any given justification for the status quo?
Although congressmen in general are held in low esteem, when polled district by district, they are held in high esteem and reelected in perpetuity if their constituents perceive he/she gets them goodies, money, benefits, industrial contracts, bridges, etc from the government. Even if it's a wasteful boondoggle when viewed from the wider perspective.

But is there a specific reason that the President is limited to two terms only but other representatives such as congressmen are not limited?

I mean, I know about the twenty second amendment and FDR being the only President to have more than two full terms but what if (it's a big if) the President was as popular nationwide as grassroot representatives are? Shouldn't he also be able to seek a third term in that case? I've often seen comments from people who believe that Clinton would have gotten a third term if he could have run in 2000 and I'm sure Regan could have easily won the 1988 election too.

On the one hand it's undemocratic to bar someone from running for office for no reason other than they've already done it while on the other hand I can understand not wanting people clinging to power for a number of years. It just seems odd to me that one position is term limited but other positions are not term limited. Just wondering why that is and what people think about that.

Last edited:
But is there a specific reason that the President is limited to two terms only but other representatives such as congressmen are not limited?

I mean, I know about the twenty fifth amendment and FDR being the only President to have more than two full terms but what if (it's a big if) the President was as popular nationwide as grassroot representatives are? Shouldn't he also be able to seek a third term in that case? I've often seen comments from people who believe that Clinton would have gotten a third term if he could have run in 2000 and I'm sure Regan could have easily won the 1988 election too.

On the one hand it's undemocratic to bar someone from running for office for no reason other than they've already done it while on the other hand I can understand not wanting people clinging to power for a number of years. It just seems odd to me that one position is term limited but other positions are not term limited. Just wondering why that is and what people think about that.

Check here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Term_limits_in_the_United_States

I don't know the actual reason why congress and the senate have not followed suit in restricting terms. I'll assume cause it's based on the State votes. But a good reason might be so we don't get a dictator who wants to drive this Country into the ground. *Cough Obama*
A good reason I can think of of why they won't change it is simple.

They(government not the people) vote every term for their "raise". Why would they want to limit their terms if they can give themselves a raise and dictate how much of a raise, without the approval of the people every term. Or really doing anything at all.

A perfect example of lazy Career politicians is David Perdue. He swore up and down he was going to fight Obama and Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed. Since he got voted in last year, Georgia hasn't seen or heard a word from him.

But a good reason might be so we don't get a dictator who wants to drive this Country into the ground. *Cough Obama*
This is single-handedly the most ignorant remark someone can make to date until another president arises that they hate equally or more...

A perfect example of Carree politicians is David Perdue. He swore up and down he was going to fight Obama and Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed. Since he got voted in last year, Georgia hasn't seen or heard a word from him.
Now this man, is an okay reason to hate...

This is single-handedly the most ignorant remark someone can make to date until another president arises that they hate equally or more...

How so? I voted for him. He didn't do everything he said, lied and then, forced a stupid Health Insurance law. Now I never said I hate him, but I do really regret voting for him. My only ignorance was voting for him...

PS I'm sure I'll find something to complain about with the next president.

Congressional term limits might also create a lot of apathy as their lame-duck term is ending, but I don't think that outweighs the continual lethargy we get now.

How many terms? Two, three, or four...

Congressional term limits might also create a lot of apathy as their lame-duck term is ending, but I don't think that outweighs the continual lethargy we get now.

I say 2, 4 year terms per level.
If you can't get enough support(8-16 years) after being a Governor/Congressmen/or Senator to be voted in for president. It's time to step down and let the next generation take over.

Depends... Senators and Reps wouldn't like the idea b/c it wouldn't be even vote dates when they try to defeat something...
I say 2, 4 year terms per level.
If you can't get enough support(8-16 years) after being a Governor/Congressmen/or Senator to be voted in for president. It's time to step down and let the next generation take over.
Probably the best but the timing of it may be wrong.. If all you're doing is elevating yourself into the big house, then yeah...

As if Romney wouldn't (which is what Obamacare is based off of).
Let's tell the truth now. Romney (for the establishment candidate that he is) never said that he would enforce the MA system on a national level. What he actually said was that he would leave it to the states, in other words, maintain the status quo. Obviously Obama used it as attack fodder.

Back