America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,723 comments
I think the context makes it sound even worse! :lol:

It's like he refuses to realize that the way he thinks things operate is not how they actually operate. When it's your average citizen doing it it's just annoying, when it's the person in charge of running the ship it's downright terrifying. :ill:

It's important to remember that when he talks about "people" (which is to say without indicating anyone specifically), he's talking about himself.

"People tell me--"

"People need to flush a lot."

"People don't know what's going on."

If you clip out a couple of sentances and take it out of context, wow Trump really is a bad dude. Not Corn Pop bad, but still...

But let's put it into context.

Ignoring the fact that the president decided to hold a public rally with the COVID-19 pandemic still ongoing, The president told "his people" to slow the testing down because he didn't like that more and more positive cases were popping up. If he's being sarcastic, he's an insensitive idiot. If he's being serious, he's an insensitive idiot and, when considering how much power he wields, a genuine threat to public health.

I'm sorry, but if that was truly an attempt to show the President in a better light, than you have failed horrendously, my friend.

I don’t even understand his point. If a ten-year-old is infected, it IS a case. Why wouldn’t it be? Is it an alternative infection?

I don't get it either. That's not how the test works. That's not how any of this works. If someone just has the sniffles, i doubt they're marking it as a case [of corona].

At this point I wouldn't be shocked if he was to walk out on stage in one of these rallies with a chart showing confirmed COVID infections before flipping the chart upside down and framing it as "Since I started dealing with this crisis, look at the decreasing number of Americans without immunity to COVID-19 infection in the future."

If you clip out a couple of sentances and take it out of context, wow Trump really is a bad dude. Not Corn Pop bad, but still...

But let's put it into context.

So, in mocking fashion, he uses a 10-year old with the sniffles that tests positive for Covid as some sort of example that Covid testing is overblown & the situation isn't as severe as it's being seen.

Congrats. You made the context worse.

Out of nowhere, Gen Z gets involved

Organized TikTok campaigns jammed up Trump rally tickets by the hundreds

Wonder how many will/are register to vote that couldn't last time? Wonder how long until "KPop Stans" are designated a terrorist organization? :lol:

Is it just me or is Donald Trump a really, really bad public speaker? He's got that snakeoil charisma, but the man can barely read off a teleprompter. Obama had some mean teleprompter skills.

I don't get it either. That's not how the test works. That's not how any of this works. If someone just has the sniffles, i doubt they're marking it as a case [of corona].

In retrospect I think he might have tried to refer to the issue of false positives. If you make a lot of tests, then you will get a lot of false positives and the situation might look worse than it actually is.

However, is that really such a big problem that it means testing should be reduced? The worst thing that could happen is that a tiny fraction of the population gets quarantined when they are actually not infected.

In retrospect I think he might have tried to refer to the issue of false positives. If you make a lot of tests, then you will get a lot of false positives and the situation might look worse than it actually is.

However, is that really such a big problem that it means testing should be reduced? The worst thing that could happen is that a tiny fraction of the population gets quarantined when they are actually not infected.

I was thinking something along the same lines. The message being that the virus has been overblown by the media or something to that effect. But what he said doesn't say any of that. It's basically I didn't want the number of cases to increase, so I told them to slow the testing down. Or he left out major detail to actually convey what he wanted to say.

Last edited:
Nadler: House Judiciary Committee will open investigation into Berman firing

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.) announced Saturday that the committee will immediately open an investigation into the Trump administration's decision to fire Manhattan U.S. attorney Geoff Berman.

"The House Judiciary Committee will immediately open an investigation into this incident, as part of our broader investigation into Barr’s unacceptable politicization of the Department of Justice," Nadler said in a statement.

"On Wednesday, the Committee will hear from two whistleblowers who will explain why Barr’s attempt to fire Mr. Berman is part of a larger, ongoing, and wholly unacceptable pattern of conduct. If the President removes Mr. Berman, then we will take additional steps to secure his testimony as well."

The news comes after the DOJ announced Friday that it was replacing Berman, and that Berman was stepping down from his post in New York.

About an hour later, Berman made a public statement saying that he had no intention of resigning from his post until the Senate appointed his replacement and that he was going to continue his work in current investigations.

Earlier on Saturday, U.S. Attorney General Bill Barr wrote a letter to Berman noting that he asked President Trump to officially fire him from his post in the Southern District of New York.

A White House spokesperson told The Hill that Trump agreed to this request, but on Saturday Trump told reporters that he was “not involved” in Berman’s dismissal.

Nadler said the conflicting accounts suggest Barr might have gone over Trump.

“The whole thing smacks of corruption and incompetence, which is what we have come to expect from this President and his Attorney General,” Nadler said.

Barr said that he made this request to the president after Berman chose "public spectacle over public service," following the statement from Berman Friday night where he said he had no intention of resigning from his post.

"Unfortunately, with your statement of last night, you have chosen public spectacle over public service," Barr wrote. "Because you have declared that you have no intention of resigning, I have asked the President to remove you as of today, and he has done so."

Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) has also called for an investigation by the Justice Department’s inspector general, saying Berman’s dismissal “reeks of potential corruption of the legal process.”

The Democratic lawmakers argue that the administration did not provide a sufficient reason for Berman’s removal, and have suggested that the administration is retaliating against him for his office’s investigations of Trump associates.

“The firing of U.S. Attorney Berman cannot be explained by cause and instead suggests base and improper motives,” House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said in a statement Saturday.

Berman’s office has investigated Trump's current and former attorneys, Rudy Guliani and Michael Cohen.

It was initially unclear if Berman was going to leave his post after Barr’s letter on Saturday. However, his office announced hours after the letter was sent that he would be leaving his post immediately per the administration’s request.
inb4 "Hang the treasonous whistleblowers."

Anyone taking bets as to when investigations into and cases against Trump associates are dropped?

Also, I don't agree with Nadler's assertion that Barr went above Trump's head. I believe Barr is desperate to do Trump's bidding--even if Trump doesn't fully grasp what that actually is--and actually did request a proper firing, but Trump wasn't paying attention. The White House confirmed the request prior to Trump denying it.

GettyImages-1221587855.jpg

“But honey..! it looked real crowded on Fox News...?!...”

And now the scapegoating begins for the low turnout at Trump's Tulsa rally. TIL that zoomer K-Pop stans are enemies of America:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53129524

On the downside, T can use this as ammunition to further convince his followers that postal voting is open to corruption.

Last edited:
*language warning* This video is of left wing loon John Oliver, so of course it is laced with profanity.

Poor George.

Poor Thomas.

Let's get Chris for good measure.

I doubt any of those statues were torn down by normal people.

Last edited by a moderator:

Correct, they were not torn down by the old normal. They were torn down by the new normal. Washington and Jefferson were privileged white slave owners, and should be judged by our own standards and not those of the time in which they lived. All statues, images and histories of them should be slighted. The entire awakened nation is united on its knees in praise and support of BLM in this moment of great advancement and revolution. Nevermind those Antifa rascals. :rolleyes:

*language warning* This video is of left wing loon John Oliver, so of course it is laced with profanity.

Poor George.

Poor Thomas.

Let's get Chris for good measure.

Are you actually confused as to why people would have an issue with Christopher Columbus?

Really!

"Normal people" think wearing a mask means you're a terrorist or are into sadomasochism.

firefighters-3.jpg

Trumpism, man.
I'm honestly tired of your "Trumpism man" crap. I have to wear something similar to the picture at work sometimes. I'm sure you know why.
I don't like wearing the little stupid masks you see everyone wearing. They are hot and you're inhaling most of the same breath you blew out. Kinda sucks when you are a smoker too trying to breathe.
It doesn't have a dang thing to do with Trump.

Are you actually confused as to why people would have an issue with Christopher Columbus?

Really!
He technically didn't find America... JS

Back