America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,723 comments
Such a cool story:

poster_bb16d05631804f0493c673a1fa475f44.jpg

https://www.kjrh.com/news/national/...hz3w_rMU-gf3DzqpPfrDszolfl4wTy6RqL6_-82ecygLs

A San Diego K9 police officer rescued toddlers after their father drove off Sunset Cliffs Saturday morning.

He said he heard the first call go out of a suicidal man with twin two-year-old girls driving with the intention of careening off the Coronado Bridge.

Wiese said his heart was pounding as he thought of a way to get down the cliff-side. Then he remembered he had a 100 ft leash for SWAT missions.

He grabbed it, took off his gun belt and looped it around his waist, "and by then four or five other cops had shown up so I pretty much threw the end of the leash to them and then I said hang on and I just jumped off."

He said with teamwork, they lowered him down to the rocks below, where he slid his way into the water and swam, fully clothed to the father. By that time, he had both toddlers in his arms.

Wiese's next goal was to get them out of the water.

He said the truck acted as a break from the surf while he gathered his thoughts, and a memory hit from his time in the Marine Corps. "They taught you how to do water safety rescues and I had a little flashback of okay grab him under the armpit and push him so I swam and held them above water," bringing them to shore.

He noticed one of the girls was alert while the other was limp. He said he did some 'rescue breathing' while officers above got him a backpack with supplies.

They used the backpack and leash to hoist both girls up to a waiting ambulance.

Wiese said while he sat with the father, waiting for a helicopter to come hoist him up, the man said "he was going to die and the girls were coming with him."

SDPD Police Chief David Nisleit said he believed Wiese saved the girls' life, and was proud of Wiese's heroic actions.

"That's probably the most heroic thing I've seen in my 32 years," he said.

Good Lord this guy is unfit for president

-Gave Xi endorsement for building Uighur concentration camps "exactly the right thing to do"
-Asked Xi to help him win the election by buying more farm products from the US
-It would be "cool" to invade Venezuela and that the country was "really part of the US" (Is he confusing it with Cuba? Venezuela is nowhere near the US)
-Did not know that the UK was a nuclear power
-Did not know Finland was its own country

Could Bolton all be making it up? Sure there is that possibility. But would the White House be so fervently trying to block its publication if that were the case? Aside from that...is any of this really unbelievable? I don't think so.

Look I've always felt like Donald Trump was a character rather than a person. I still think that's the case. But Donald Trump is so clearly selling out the interests of the country he is supposedly leading in order to enshrine his own brand, power and prestige. I wish all Trump supporters would take a momentary critical look. What do you want America to be? Is America still supposed to strive to be the moral leader of the world? Are we to be a nation underwritten by the basic tenants of Christian faith (if not overtly in a legal sense)? Because that can't possibly square with endorsing autocrats state-sponsored persecution of ethnic minorities.

Last edited:
If the comment about the concentration camps is true, coupled with what is believed to go on inside them, that could haunt the United States for decades and decades to come.

We all suspect what happens in these camps. However we mostly get to live in unproven ignorance for the time being, not really sure if the horrors are true. But explicitly coming down on that side of the fence is irreversable and fatally indefensible.

Let's be fair, he was probably just being sarcastic.

Despite all of this, I'm tempted to put a fiver on Trump winning the next election.
Objectively, he's way behind in the polls, being abandoned by some Republicans, has lost the economy, and has lost domestic tranquility. IMHO, without peace and prosperity, he has no winning platform. He should lose in any normal world. Biden's infirmities should not be a barrier to his election. It's only after that do they become a problem.

Objectively, he's way behind in the polls,

Wasn't he behind in polls the last time also?

being abandoned by some Republicans, has lost the economy, and has lost domestic tranquility. IMHO, without peace and prosperity, he has no winning platform.

These may or may not be the case, but I'm getting the impression that the votes will not be cast on such a rational basis... what with Trumpism seeming (from this side of the pond), to have become almost entirely detached from reality.

Well worth it. It's a win either way

It's a bet I wouldn't be sad to lose, I just think it's actually going to happen... but then I have become pretty disillusioned with the peoples interaction with politics.

Polls haven’t changed since 2016. They’re going to continually be incorrect, especially at the state level, and I wouldn’t put stock into them.
I think a lot of Trumpsters are scared to death of the leftist mob.

My friend's son attends LSU. He used to wear a MAGA hat, until he got mobbed by a bunch of leftists at school. At LSU, in what is the heart of MAGA country. He used to have Trump bumper stickers on his Chevy Tahoe. After the second time it was vandalized, he removed them.

There are a lot of Trump supporters that will not admit it.

I would never wear a MAGA hat or t-shirt in public.

Ea1qCsbWkAE39ld

History has been restored.
It's as if history was never actually erased at all.

My friend's son attends LSU. He used to wear a MAGA hat, until he got mobbed by a bunch of leftists at school. At LSU, in what is the heart of MAGA country. He used to have Trump bumper stickers on his Chevy Tahoe. After the second time it was vandalized, he removed them.

Ea1qCsbWkAE39ld

Yeah, You are fooling no one with this crap. I wasn't posting about jussie Smollett. But hey, you might be able to get a job at CNN.
Had that locked and loaded, did you? I suppose you knew your story was so transparently bull**** and expected to have it called out. I mean...if you're willing to lie about something as trivial as not having seen Gone With The Wind so soon after saying you had, it mustn't be too much of a strain to lie in an effort to attack "leftists".

Trumpism, man.

Trump was behind on polls in 2016 too, but he was also running against someone who everyone hated so much that she lost an election to Donald Trump that she considered to be so in the bag that she basically stopped actually campaigning on her own behalf after a while.

Biden won't make that mistake, and he's also a candidate with some actual popularity despite the truly laughably stupid things he's been saying (as opposed to just less unpopular than Trump). The polls still have the same problems largely that they did then, but I don't think the issue will be exacerbated in an election where there's a candidate people actually want to vote for.

Last edited:
Had that locked and loaded, did you? I suppose you knew your story was so transparently bull**** and expected to have it called out. I mean...if you're willing to lie about something as trivial as not having seen Gone With The Wind so soon after saying you had, it mustn't be too much of a strain to lie in an effort to attack "leftists".

Trumpism, man.
There was no lie in my story. The car was given to him by his dad when he left for school. It was not new. The kid had his car keyed, he was able to fix that with something he bought at a parts store. The second time someone broke out the rear window.

As I explained about Gone With the Wind, I saw it when I was a little kid. I don't remember a thing about it except the scenes I have seen, and the Carol Burnett Show.
This cancel Culture has got to end. I really want to watch Gone With the Wind now. I sat on the couch with my parents and watched it on tv when I was a kid. I thought it was long and boring. I want to watch it now that I am an adult. Apparently it has been cancelled.
I guess you would have me repeat my whole Gone With the Wind story to everyone.
Says you. I have not seen it, why should people like you stop me from seeing it and making my own deciscine?
As far as I am concerned I have not watched it, yet you conflate these two posts to infer that I am a liar.

Yet you post a video of people hurting themselves in response to an image of Trump supporters that were attacked by leftists for their apparel. You really should get a job at CNN. You are great at twisting the narrative.

Would that have any effect on the polls though?
I am not sure. It has been a topic on conservative talk radio though. I listen to Rush, Shapiro, and a few local guys while at work. The narrative goes like this. Trump supporters feel oppressed, They do not want to be looked down on because of their support for Trump. Even though a poll is anonymous, They don't want the pollster to think ill of them.

I don't know if this is true, but Trump was gonna lose in a landslide in 2016 according to the polls, but won.

Last edited:

Ea1qCsbWkAE39ld
Wait a minute, are some of these photos of the same person? 2, 4, and 6 look similar. Not sure why you posted 5 unless it's to show a picture of some scary black men as I can't see any Trumpists being beaten up in it. And 8 is just a guy wearing a T-shirt.

But... why would anyone?

And I don't just mean Trump specifically. Why would anyone wake up in the morning, go to pick out some clothes for the day and settle on a politician's campaign t-shirt? Who thinks "I need to go outside and show everyone who I voted for 1,300 days ago"? Why would you even have one?

The President, or the Republican/Democrat/Libertarian/Green/Reform party nominee, or a random senator, governor, representative, or whatever isn't someone to cheer on and support. They're a **** who's trying to convince you that they're great and their opponents are awful every couple of years so that you'll give them a vote to get more power, money, influence, and station. Their job is to try to fool you better than the other guy/gal does for their own personal gain. They're not in it for you, they're in it for them. They're con-men, and women (and other genders). All that wearing their t-shirt says is "I'm proud that this guy conned me" - whether Trump, or Obama, or Bush, or Clinton, or Clinton, or Romney, or McCain, or Gore, or Dole, or anyone.

Who's out there supporting professional liars like they're a football team?

Trump was behind on polls in 2016 too, but he was also running against someone who everyone hated so much that she lost an election to Donald Trump that she considered to be so in the bag that she basically stopped actually campaigning on her own behalf after a while.

Biden won't make that mistake, and he's also a candidate with some actual popularity despite the truly laughably stupid things he's been saying (as opposed to just less unpopular than Trump). The polls still have the same problems largely that they did then, but I don't think the issue will be exacerbated in an election where there's a candidate people actually want to vote for.
I have a hard time thinking that Biden won't make that mistake, simply because he's spewing so much **** out of his mouth that his making plenty of other mistakes that could easily be avoided.

But... why would anyone?

And I don't just mean Trump specifically. Why would anyone wake up in the morning, go to pick out some clothes for the day and settle on a politician's campaign t-shirt? Who thinks "I need to go outside and show everyone who I voted for 1,300 days ago"? Why would you even have one?

The President, or the Republican/Democrat/Libertarian/Green/Reform party nominee, or a random senator, governor, representative, or whatever isn't someone to cheer on and support. They're a **** who's trying to convince you that they're great and their opponents are awful every couple of years so that you'll give them a vote to get more power, money, influence, and station. Their job is to try to fool you better than the other guy/gal does for their own personal gain. They're not in it for you, they're in it for them. They're con-men, and women (and other genders). All that wearing their t-shirt says is "I'm proud that this guy conned me" - whether Trump, or Obama, or Bush, or Clinton, or Clinton, or Romney, or McCain, or Gore, or Dole, or anyone.

Who's out there supporting professional liars like they're a football team?
Political advertising became cool in 2008 and hasn't stopped since. I find it interesting however the amount of hate for it the other side can generate when they are not in power.

@Chrunch Houston

Wait a minute, are some of these photos of the same person? 2, 4, and 6 look similar. Not sure why you posted 5 unless it's to show a picture of some scary black men as I can't see any Trumpists being beaten up in it. And 8 is just a guy wearing a T-shirt.

2, 4 and 6 do indeed look similar, and his bandage (in 6) is in the same spot as the injury (in 2 and 4).

It's a bit of a Rorschach test. Look at these people and infer what you'd like about the narrative. They were viciously attacked by "leftists"? They went to protests and attacked protesters and got beaten? They beat themselves? They're clumsy? Without an understanding of what actually happened these photos just let you feed your own inner narrative. I saw a MAGA hat out in public the other day and the person was not bleeding.

There was no lie in my story. The car was given to him by his dad when he left for school. It was not new. The kid had his car keyed, he was able to fix that with something he bought at a parts store. The second time someone broke out the rear window.
Says you. It's an unsubstantiated anecdote; it's worthless.

As I explained about Gone With the Wind, I saw it when I was a little kid. I don't remember a thing about it except the scenes I have seen, and the Carol Burnett Show.
I guess you would have me repeat my whole Gone With the Wind story to everyone.
As far as I am concerned I have not watched it, yet you conflate these two posts to infer that I am a liar.
You said you saw it as a kid and then you said you hadn't seen it. I quoted you as having done so. You quoted yourself as having done so.

Now, conveniently, you simply don't remember what you saw.

Yet you post a video of people hurting themselves in response to an image of Trump supporters that were attacked by leftists for their apparel.
The collage you posted contained eight individual images for which absolutely no context was provided. In seven of the images, people are wearing Trump apparel. In six of the images, there is a person who may or may not be bleeding like a Russian princess, but supposed injuries could easily be self-inflicted or inflicted by cohorts, as I alluded with my video clip. Three of the images appear to depict the same individual. In one of the images, it appears some schmuck spilled a cherry Slushee. One of the images depicts black people and no apparent Trump paraphernalia.

You really should get a job at CNN. You are great at twisting the narrative.
On the topic of CNN and narrative twisting...

Trumpism, man.

Back