America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,736 comments
The Republican party has an openly Nazi wing.

I'm not sure enough is being made of this. Mark Robinson is the current GOP candidate for governor in North Carolina, and he seems to be a nazi through and through, even calling himself one. I do understand that he's probably not going to win, but he is a sitting republican in office who has said that he's a nazi. He's just one politician, but we've seen a trend among the right wing toward aligning with nazi positions and rhetoric. The GOP having its first openly nazi candidate for major office seems like a bad landmark and a warning sign. I'm not convinced this will be the last one.

The Republican party has an openly Nazi wing.

I'm not sure enough is being made of this. Mark Robinson is the current GOP candidate for governor in North Carolina, and he seems to be a nazi through and through, even calling himself one. I do understand that he's probably not going to win, but he is a sitting republican in office who has said that he's a nazi. He's just one politician, but we've seen a trend among the right wing toward aligning with nazi positions and rhetoric. The GOP having its first openly nazi candidate for major office seems like a bad landmark and a warning sign. I'm not convinced this will be the last one.
I'm not sure about openly. Robinson denies it to his base despite the overwhelming evidence against him. Hopefully enough people are aware of this to ensure he's toast at the next election.

Perhaps the media should emphasise the part in originating the baseless pet-eating rumours played by Blood Tribe and Drake "Nate Higgers" Berentz.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about openly. Robinson denies it to his base despite the overwhelming evidence against him. Hopefully enough people are aware of this to ensure he's toast at the next election.

Perhaps the media should emphasise the part in originating the baseless pet-eating rumours played by Blood Tribe and Drake "Nate Higgers" Berentz.

Ok, that's a fair comment. I am aware that Robinson denies it. Nobody believes him, including party leaders. The republican leadership has tried to walk a fine line by saying basically that it's up to the people of North Carolina. To me, that's openly acknowledging that if NC wants to elect a Nazi then the republicans are good with it. What prominent members of the party are not saying is that if the allegations are true, it's a deal breaker. The talking point is more like... we don't care whether it's true, it's up to the electorate.

To me, that's openly Nazi. But I guess it's a hair better than actually just stating "yes we know it's true and we're good with it". Only a hair though! So maybe I shouldn't say it's openly nazi, but it looks like at least nazi accepting.

Last edited:
Back