America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,776 comments
Because there's an axis of authoritarianism/"chaos" forming vs liberal democracies. If Trump wins, the US switches sides and that's never happened before so god knows where we end up.
The Brics summit may not have been what Putin was hoping for but the group still needs monitoring. Trump, should he get in, will be unpredictable in how he deals with them, and with Putin massaging his ego by name-checking him he could very well end up being a puppet.

Putin teaming up with Elon makes sense for Putin. For Elon it's just sad.

Are Americans really going to let the richest man in the world, blood-soaked Putin, and made up nonsense destroy our country by installing a hitler-idolizing sociopathic rapist with a gold toilet as some kind of dictatorial king?

Surely not, right? That can't be something actually happens right? People aren't THAT crazy are they? Are they?

I guess I'm not taking into account how awful Kamala is. She seems so... competent and normal. How terrible. [/s]

Last edited:

Are Americans really going to let the richest man in the world, blood-soaked Putin, disinformation, and made up nonsense destroy our country by installing a hitler-idolizing sociopathic rapist with a gold toilet as some kind of dictatorial king?

Surely not, right? That can't be something actually happens right? People aren't THAT crazy are they? Are they?
It honestly shouldn't even be a question, but right now I'm far from confident, and even living on the other side of the ocean, it will have repercussions.

It honestly shouldn't even be a question, but right now I'm far from confident, and even living on the other side of the ocean, it will have repercussions.

I'm also far from confident. I see the polls. But I also just really have a hard to believing that Epstein's buddy can win. I just can't wrap my head around it. We've never elected that kind of crazy in the history of our country, including Trump's first term. Idolizing hitler and putin? Really?

Last edited:

Are Americans really going to let the richest man in the world, blood-soaked Putin, and made up nonsense destroy our country by installing a hitler-idolizing sociopathic rapist with a gold toilet as some kind of dictatorial king?

I guess I'm not taking into account how awful Kamala is. She seems so... competent and normal. How terrible. [/s]
People (probably driving $50k+ pickup trucks) think they have nothing to lose and would like nothing more than to punish the people they deem as antagonists. Part of me wants them to experience how much they have to lose, but that would be...bad...for everyone.

Last edited:
People (probably driving $50k+ pickup trucks) think they have nothing to lose and would like nothing more than to punish the people they deem as antagonists. Part of me wants them to experience how much they have to lose, but that would be...bad...for everyone.

Ok, I hear that. Totally. And I also would like for them to understand reality.

But Putin? Hitler? Epstein? Have they left no sense of decency? This can't possibly be the outcome, it's too much crazy.

Last edited:
It’s getting close to brown trouser time for the planet Earth

1. The Orange Overlord and his simping minions take over the Whitehouse. The USA becomes a dictatorship and the whole world erupts and turns on it’s head.

2. Kamala gets into the Whitehouse and the Orange Overlords simping minions go on a rampage and stage another Jan 6th style coup which is either squashed quickly or deals a huge blow to the US.

Either way Putin and his friends in China & Nk hold a party.

For me, the biggest worry with the Orange Overlord getting in, is it leads to Farage and his ilk gaining more ground quicker in the UK along with lending credence to the Far Right ideologies and in turn at the next election we see all sorts of crazy.

For me, the biggest worry with the Orange Overlord getting in, is it leads to Farage and his ilk gaining more ground quicker in the UK along with lending credence to the Far Right ideologies and in turn at the next election we see all sorts of crazy.
We don’t anywhere near the amount of religious nuts who make up a large part of Trump’s support. Farage isn’t the messiah for us.

It's not great.

2. Kamala gets into the Whitehouse and the Orange Overlords simping minions go on a rampage and stage another Jan 6th style coup which is either squashed quickly or deals a huge blow to the US.

Either way Putin and his friends in China & Nk hold a party.

This one doesn't concern me as much, because I think we're more prepared and there is some precedent that people will go to jail. There would be no hope of pardons for those people.

If orange man gets in, Ukraine falls and Russia starts gobbling up more. NK is already helping Russia, and the US would probably join in. Remember when Trump said he wanted Greenland? You have an axis of authoritarianism setting up a WWII re-do.

I think if Trump is elected Biden cannot simply play it straight. It's too crazy. There has to be some kind of scenario with states breaking off and the US dis-integrating. The previous civil war was over less.

Last edited:
But Putin? Hitler? Epstein? Have they left no sense of decency? This can't possibly be the outcome, it's too much crazy.
What's alarmingly bizarre is that they think Epstein is a Democrats-only problem and that they are the only ones left who DO have a sense of decency.

Last edited:
What if the US leaves, or guts it?
Interesting. I'd be looking elsewhere but perhaps not quite as quickly.

Just from my own perspective living here, I think that Slovakia, a country that borders Ukraine, is a very useful airstrip for the US. Not indispensable or even well-known but very useful for its unassuming yet strategic location. I vaguely know people from the American intelligence and armed forces community who live here and get a small picture of what, hypothetically, might go on here behind the scenes.

So I personally don't see the USA abandoning a strategic listening post and it wouldn't really be possible for the USA to leave NATO but keep all of its installations unless it elected a fascist tyrant. But that's not exactly unrealistic at the moment. Unfortunately.

Interesting. I'd be looking elsewhere but perhaps not quite as quickly.

Just from my own perspective living here, I think that Slovakia, a country that borders Ukraine, is a very useful airstrip for the US. Not indispensable or even well-known but very useful for its unassuming yet strategic location. I vaguely know people from the American intelligence and armed forces community who live here and get a small picture of what, hypothetically, might go on here behind the scenes.

So I personally don't see the USA abandoning a strategic listening post and it wouldn't really be possible for the USA to leave NATO but keep all of its installations unless it elected a fascist tyrant. But that's not exactly unrealistic at the moment. Unfortunately.

Yea, it's strategic from the perspective of Russia being an adversary? What if the US is not bothered by Russian expansion plans? Honestly I don't think I'm in a particularly safe or stable location should Trump be elected either. It's something I've bee thinking about a lot in the last few years.

Last edited:
Yea, it's strategic from the perspective of Russia being an adversary? What if the US is not bothered by Russian expansion plans? Honestly I don't think I'm in a particularly safe or stable location should Trump be elected either. It's something I've bee thinking about a lot in the last few years.
While Slovakia is still a member of NATO, it's up for grabs by any other NATO member and plenty of them do still and will continue to find Russia adversarial. The US would leave big shoes to fill but I'm sure Turkey definitely and Germany maybe would enjoy the chance to flex their muscles in the US's absence and the UK would like to relive those "I used to be a major player" days.

If Slovakia wasn't a member of NATO, it's an immediate concern and open season for Russia. That's the bigger worry for me.

That ship sailed already. The political climate is small scale compared to climate change. We should dealt with climate change 40-50 years ago but we kept kicking the can down the road.

Trump won't do anything about climate change because he probably doesn't believe it in. The Democrats aren't forceful enough to take action either. Mandating people drive EVs won't do anything, nor will any of the other programs they've come up with. Tackle energy generation then manufacturing, after that we can discuss me buying an EV and sorting all my waste.

So while yes, the political climate is undoubtedly going to cause problems, I think they're going to be minor in comparison to climate change. Massive hurricanes, destructive storms, drought, heat waves, and crazy blizzards are only the tip. When population centers are no longer habitable and there are millions of climate refugees, thing will get interesting quickly. Leaders should be scared of that because if people lose everything they'll have nothing to really live for. Having a bunch of people with nothing to live for who are pissed at the leaders never works out well for the leaders.

Honestly I wish we had a presidential candidate who was like Reagan when it comes to foreign policy (ie killing the Soviets) and Gore when it comes to things like environmental policy with the charisma of Obama.

Back