American Le Mans Series Season VI [Round 6: Monterey 01/11/2013]

What should the damage type be for this season?

• Light Damage (With Cautions)

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Light Damage (No Cautions)

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Heavy Damage (With Cautions)

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Heavy Damage (No Cautions)

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Seth I ran off on like lap 5 or 6, your controller died on like lap 24-27 so I fail to see how thats shortly after :lol:. (I didn't go off again all race :))

Also Joetruck wasn't in the room :lol:. Or the series for that matter :odd:.

You had me in qualifying, but the race my car came alive. I donno if this is the sole reason, but I went to my settings and just increased the rear roll bar to 6 from 5. But if that made the difference, that's crazy.
Sounds like absolute BS, Seth. More like you went into your settings and equipped the after-market turbo and pumped your BHP up, like what you were running at Grand Valley.

Sounds like absolute BS, Seth. More like you went into your settings and equipped the after-market turbo and pumped your BHP up, like what you were running at Grand Valley.
That would make sense if I was super fast on the straights. But I wasn't. Don't talk unless you know. And your fake alias isn't fooling anyone Mr. McLaren. The room settings were 483hp so how could I add power? lol- you must have forgot. I wasn't catching him on the straight. I made up the most time in S1 in the tight left right turns before and after the bridge.
Seth I ran off on like lap 5 or 6, your controller died on like lap 24-27 so I fail to see how thats shortly after :lol:. (I didn't go off again all race :))

Also Joetruck wasn't in the room :lol:. Or the series for that matter :odd:.
I donno why I said joetruck, I meant redpartyhat. My controller died before we pit, so I think you may have misread. I said shortly after you ran off. It was only a few laps later.

Last edited:
Room was set to 500bhp for the RUF RGT fyi Seth ;).

Edit: Also not to be rude or nothing but I looked at the replay a little and the time you "gained" in S1 I noticed was mostly, not all, from dirty running of that section i.e running wide in T2-4.

Last edited:
If you add a turbo to your car it's too powerful to reach the 483hp setting. Plus I didn't pull away from you on the straights. No reason to cheat, especially in preseason when the races don't even count :lol: I wanted to finish the race, but when my g/f and kid want to eat it's best to comply. 👍

It's funny you say T2, because everytime I ran wide there I was slower through the first sector. That's offline and you lose grip going over the green. What else is funny is that you ran over the green plenty in turn 4. I think everyone did. So don't place blame for something you did as well.

I don't know who you mean by 'Mr McLaren', but I can assure you, I am who my handle says I am, Copernicus_WRX / Scribbles71, OLR-Scribbles.
I do know what I'm talking about, as far as Grand Valley is concerned. (I wasn't at Nurburg).
On the replay, if you ride in your car (and SIMwhateverhisnameis) on the 'rooftop' view, you can hear the blow-off valve of the aftermarket turbo that you had equipped. Switch between yours and Paulmacs car, and you can hear that one (Pauls) is as the regs stipulate, and yours was not. Settings in that room were 502 bhp. Perhaps you'd struck a balance with the turbo and bhp and went for somewhere around 495 bhp? Either way, you had the highest top speed without a tow, which pretty much says it all.
Why would you cheat? Well, given the way that you drive (unsportsmanlike), and already have quite the bad reputation (perhaps that's why you are suspicious that I am someone that you probably have a very chequered history with), it doesn't surprise me. But really, you are the only one that can answer the question.

I have already informed Stormy that I won't be partaking in this series, mainly because of other commitments, but you and your actions certainly played hand in the decision, Seth. Good luck to you, but mostly to everybody else having to tolerate you.

lmp is really close, I think Paul and Seth both were in the 49.3s in the GV5 and I managed a 49.5 in the Peugeot. I think it will come down to the character of the track as far as which car will be quickest. The Peugeot has more torque but you can put the power down sooner in the GV5. going to be a fun season.

I don't know who you mean by 'Mr McLaren', but I can assure you, I am who my handle says I am, Copernicus_WRX / Scribbles71, OLR-Scribbles.
I do know what I'm talking about, as far as Grand Valley is concerned. (I wasn't at Nurburg).
On the replay, if you ride in your car (and SIMwhateverhisnameis) on the 'rooftop' view, you can hear the blow-off valve of the aftermarket turbo that you had equipped. Switch between yours and Paulmacs car, and you can hear that one (Pauls) is as the regs stipulate, and yours was not. Settings in that room were 502 bhp. Perhaps you'd struck a balance with the turbo and bhp and went for somewhere around 495 bhp? Either way, you had the highest top speed without a tow, which pretty much says it all.
Why would you cheat? Well, given the way that you drive (unsportsmanlike), and already have quite the bad reputation (perhaps that's why you are suspicious that I am someone that you probably have a very chequered history with), it doesn't surprise me. But really, you are the only one that can answer the question.

I have already informed Stormy that I won't be partaking in this series, mainly because of other commitments, but you and your actions certainly played hand in the decision, Seth. Good luck to you, but mostly to everybody else having to tolerate you.

Sorry to hear that. You raced once with me and you've made your decision? Quick don't you think? Donno where you 'heard about me' or 'my reputation' but could really care less. I'm not here to raise my 'rep'. I don't have enemies on here. I get along with everyone in this series. You sound like mitch z06 and are from the same area, that's why I called you Mr. McLaren. It was actually a joke that you didn't get, sorry. He's the only person who had a problem with me, but he's banned from this site. He also threatened to fly over to where I live and 'beat me up'. GV is a small track and not very wide, just because there was some incidents doesn't mean I'm unsportsmanlike.

Don't come to this series and accuse me of cheating when racing me once. You don't know me. You can't judge how I race from one race. You can't call my sportsmanship into question because I put a good block on you either. I donno why you have a problem, but if it's that big of a deal- beat me on track.

Anyways!!! Ghs what was your transmission set on for nurb. Think I might of had my transmission set to high? I know the 458 has a higher rev limiter so think with having no down force and my transmission set to high thats why I couldn't keep up. My transmission was set on 168.

I would have thought the ruf to be fast down the straights because of no added aero.

At what RPM is the peak TQ reached at? I always make my gears short to make sure I always stay at or right above that target when I shift.

Anyways!!! Ghs what was your transmission set on for nurb. Think I might of had my transmission set to high? I know the 458 has a higher rev limiter so think with having no down force and my transmission set to high thats why I couldn't keep up. My transmission was set on 168.

165 I believe? Went for good acceleration in the result of low top speed.

The 458 does have an extra gear, so the gear ratios give the 458 a slight acceleration advantage, but when on the straights, the RUF did regain its speed about midway through without drafting I noticed. Also, the RUF has absolutely no downforce, so it'll suffer more in the corners and braking, even if when it has a RR drivetrain. I agree with the RUF. It's the underdog of this season.

So what was the tire wear for everyone else? Fuel consumption? My rear tires wore out faster than my fronts (about 2:3 ratio) and used 50 liters before my first pit. I just want to know if the figures are correct.

Also announcement 11/11/2012 has been posted on the OP.

Last edited:
I pitted on the start of lap 17. Front tires were half and the rears were shot. Cant remember what the fuel was. I'll run it again tonight and I'll let you know. I forgot about the Ferrari having 7 gears. That makes sense.

There also seemed to be some confusion about the pace lap at the last race.

Rules and Regulations
When the race starts, each car is responsible for holding their position until the green flag is dropped. The speed limit for the pace lap will be 60 mph (96.5 kph). The lead PC vehicle must keep a constant speed of 60 mph (96.5 kph) and all other cars must follow suit accordingly, except when corners do not permit such speeds.

The dropping of the green flag is indicated when the leader of the PC class crosses the finish line. Drivers should not advance in position until the green flag is dropped. The GT class should also keep it tight in regards to the PC class, as not to fall behind. If the pole sitter for the GT class falls more than five car lengths behind the trailing PC car, then a penalty may incur, and the leader may have to forfeit their position and head to the back of field. Both classes must stick as close as possible.

I'm not sure how much clearer I can make it. Essentially, the lead PC car acts as the pace car, going no more than 60 mph (96.5 kph). The GT field should keep it tight with the PC class. DO NOT FALL TOO FAR BEHIND THE PC FIELD. 2-3 car lengths is fine. The lead GT car is responsible for that, and will be penalized if this rule is not followed. That is why I went to meet the rear of the PC field. If the car in front of you falls too far behind, you may catch up with the rest of the field. The car that fell behind may attempt to return to their respective position only when it is safe to do so, and may not go faster than 90 mph (145 kph).

The rules also say that when the PC leader crosses the control line, that signals the race start for both classes. This wasn't followed in the last race. I know it wasn't like this in the previous season, but some revisions to the rules have been made. Please make sure to read and understand the Rules and Regulations. If you have any questions or something is unclear, please do not hesitate to ask. It is the responsibility of the driver to know and understand the rules.

I have revised that part to try to make it a bit clearer, but honestly, there's not much more that can be done.

Also, there was dive bombing into the first corner on the first lap again from what I can tell. Again, this will not be tolerated when the season starts this Friday. This is explicitly explained in the Rules and Regulations. If you have not already, please read them. And a lot of contact on the first lap. I had to back off because of it.

I'm not sure how much clearer I can make it. Essentially, the lead PC car acts as the pace car, going no more than 60 mph (96.5 kph). The GT field should keep it tight with the PC class. DO NOT FALL TOO FAR BEHIND THE PC FIELD. 2-3 car lengths is fine. The lead GT car is responsible for that, and will be penalized if this rule is not followed. That is why I went to meet the rear of the PC field. If the car in front of you falls too far behind, you may catch up with the rest of the field. The car that fell behind may attempt to return to their respective position only when it is safe to do so, and may not go faster than 90 mph (145 kph).

The rules also say that when the PC leader crosses the control line, that signals the race start for both classes. This wasn't followed in the last race. I know it wasn't like this in the previous season, but some revisions to the rules have been made. Please make sure to read and understand the Rules and Regulations. If you have any questions or something is unclear, please do not hesitate to ask. It is the responsibility of the driver to know and understand the rules.

I have revised that part to try to make it a bit clearer, but honestly, there's not much more that can be done.

Also, there was dive bombing into the first corner on the first lap again from what I can tell. Again, this will not be tolerated when the season starts this Friday. This is explicitly explained in the Rules and Regulations. If you have not already, please read them. And a lot of contact on the first lap. I had to back off because of it.

Here's the issue I had with it: had the GT and PC classes stuck close together in that tight turn one, a GT would have had the chance to knock out a PC. GT has lower grip and lower aero than the PC, and with them sticking so close behind, GT would have had the draft on PC at the start, and with cold tires, brake too late and hit a PC.

stupidstormy36

So what your saying is that once the first pc car crosses the starting line, game on? Including gt right? I should've saved the replay from last night. I know the first lap was crazy.
I like the weight deduction for cornering.?? I can do some practicing this week with some other gt drivers. If anyone has time?

I'd rather have a split start so that the GT class doesn't interfere with PC in T1 as well as if PC has a wreck in T1 that might gum up the GT start because now cars have to dodge a PC wreck.

I don't have a problem adhering to the rule though. It's your call not mine, but I thought I would put my 2 cents in.

I'm fine with the OP. People just have to realize the race isnt going to be won on the first turn.

Exactly. People need to learn that this is endurance racing, not sprint racing. These races last more than an hour. Most of the races in the A-Spec mode are sprint races with the exception of a few (not including the ones in the Endurance Series), so you have to adapt to a new style of racing. Races are not won by passing your opponents right at the first corner on the first lap, out-braking them, causing incidents and what-not. It wouldn't hurt to try and pass, but you have to careful in the opening stints. No one likes to be taken out in the first corner on the first lap by someone either dive bombing or just plain not paying attention. And people will be penalized for such behavior, severely if need be, leading as far as a ban from the series if the driver continually breaks these rules. So when coming to the first corner on the first lap, please take it easy, brake earlier than you usually do to ensure that you have the maximum control.

There is a term that is used for this type of thing that I see used on another sight, and it's called an "Orange Zone" where it designates a zone from the starting grid (including the entire real-grid) to a certain point on the track (on shorter tracks, it may encompass the entire track, depending on the turns and other factors). In this designated zone, passing is allowed, but if the person trying to pass causes an incident then that driver will be penalized for it, regardless of who is at fault, but some exceptions may be made.

Races are won by pacing one's self and being consistent, not running all out the entire time like in a sprint race (that's what causes mistakes).

Before the 2.09 update I had no problem with setup the car, after that the car doesn't do nothing when I change the heigh, weight, suspension..., the tire wear is the same whatever I do!
Someone has the same problem that I have?

Ride height does not affect the car as it once did. I'm finding that I have to rely more on springs, dampers and ARB to get the car to behave.

I havent tries anything with weight yet. But in the past I set weight to the rear to induce oversteer. I'll try to get on tonight ane test if its still true.

It is still true, FH. Weight distribution does still affect the oversteer/understeer characteristics. Also true for how weight distribution affects tyre wear also....

No worries. I spent ages trying to find a tune that matched a balance between the pace and tyre wear by shifting the weight on both the Ford GT for ALMS, and the Mazda for Rolex. As much as I could try to even out the tyre wear, I could never find a tune with the suspension that'd retain the pace; something I've never had a problem with before.

No worries. I spent ages trying to find a tune that matched a balance between the pace and tyre wear by shifting the weight on both the Ford GT for ALMS, and the Mazda for Rolex. As much as I could try to even out the tyre wear, I could never find a tune with the suspension that'd retain the pace; something I've never had a problem with before.

Speaking of tuning, anyone have a target time for GT at Daytona? I can't exactly remember what I was getting on Sunday. Somewhere in the 1.45-1.50 ballpark is as much as I could remember.

So Daytona this Friday? I don't wanna be accused of cheating, but if I'm fast in the straights again its because the car I use and gearing.

freshseth83
So Daytona this Friday? I don't wanna be accused of cheating, but if I'm fast in the straights again its because the car I use and gearing.

How about aero? You can't just run full wing now...

Back