American Le Mans Series Season VI [Round 6: Monterey 01/11/2013]

What should the damage type be for this season?

• Light Damage (With Cautions)

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Light Damage (No Cautions)

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Heavy Damage (With Cautions)

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Heavy Damage (No Cautions)

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
PC Class:

1 - unrealanthony
2 - FrasierCrane
3 - paulmac2k9
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -

GT Class:

1 - cnd01
2 - James6653
3 - SPORKFACE69
4 - THAT_GUY_2
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -

Made it look a bit nicer :P.

gogatrs
Remember, 510 HP for the RUF!

Yes thank you!! I hit a 1.46.262 it was a perfect lap. Love this track! Wish I was over in Daytona Tuesday and Wednesday to see the morgan-nissian lmp2 car on the track. Guess it was .762 faster than a daytona prototype. Only good thing in 2014 is I get to see lmp's in Daytona and Sebring.

Driver's meeting document changes about pit in procedures changed. Please read over them.

Qualifying hasn't started yet, so hurry up if you can.

I hate being right/smart. I told ya that I wouldn't see anyone who joins after ant, and that I would DC after ant joins and i rejoin....

I am Dc'ing too trying to join lobby but just keep getting Dc'ed before joining..

Reset PS3 etc so am about to try a 3rd time.

Edi: In for now.

I'd be tempted to bet my house on the thought that it's anthony's connection that's caused the issue.

I'm done. I'm not spending another night of being the one who loses out because of issues that can be tested out are not being listened to. Unless you're prepared to listen to the things I'm trying to tell you, and how to test them out in a way that solves the problem, I clearly don't see myself racing here again.

Last edited:
Tez_SP17
I'm done. I'm not spending another night of being the one who loses out because of issues that can be tested out are not being listened to. Unless you're prepared to listen to the things I'm trying to tell you, and how to test them out in a way that solves the problem, I clearly don't see myself racing here again.

This is why we need to use cautions.

Tez_SP17

I'm sorry, but this doesn't help much. What are you talking about?

This is why we need to use cautions.
That has nothing to do with what I'm saying.

Thing is, every conceiveable thing that I said would happen to me DID happened, and I wasted two hours of my time timing my entry into the lobby so that I wasn't DC'd by those I'm not compatible with....

....for what? Because I was gracious enough to the people that I knew would be affected by the issue, to rejoin to fix the issue only to get DC'd, when I'd spent 90 mins before that without a problem? Sure, it's not like I live in the UK and make the effort to attend despite it being 1am when the lobbies open, and racing til 3am.

I enjoy the racing here, which is why I don't mind staying up that late. The least you lot could do is give a damn and listen to me when I'm trying to explain a problem and how to fix it.

I'm sorry, but this doesn't help much. What are you talking about?
Basically, I entered the lobby, and was practicing fine until spork and guto entered.. Though they had loading bars under their names, I could see everyone on track still aside from those two (which isn't an issue really). FH joined after them, but when he went on track I couldn't see him on it (no loading bar though), I knew it was because the connection of the guys I was somewhat incompatible with were blocking it. Spork backs out but I still don't see FH, then I back out and rejoin (which usually means I DC when I rejoin) to fix the problem, and it does, with the bonus of not DCing me. Then Ant joins, who I am incompatible with, but I can still see FH and everyone else I'm compatible with, so all is ok. Then ghskilla and seth join and enter the track, but I can't see them on it; same issue as with FH earlier. Now, I know full well that if anyone's connection will make me DC if I exit and rejoin it's Ants, but with 2 people I cannot see and more on the way, I didn't want to take the chance of screwing their race.

I should note at this point; not seeing someone on track when they have no loading bar means that while I can't see/feel them, they can still see/feel me. Any contact I make with them will result in them being taken out, and I wouldn't know anything about it. The issue can be resolved if the person blocking my compatibility with those people rejoins behind them in the lobby, or if I rejoin behind them. I explained this in the lobby.

Soo.... I decide that because it's two people (with paul, cnd, rusty and polar all yet to join) that I'll potentially wreck without knowing, I risk backing out of the lobby despite being otherwise lag/DC free if I don't. I rejoin and boom! DC'd within 2 minutes. I try and try, same result. By the time I'm livid and having to spell out the problem to everyone (who're probably scratching their heads in confusion at this point), Ant finally gets the point and tries backing out, but the damage is already done by that point, and even when he leaves to allow me to rejoin ahead of him I get DC'd anyway, since the compatibility with the room has been tarnished by this point.

So since I wasn't going anywhere and my teammate quit I decided just to park it. Time to re-double my efforts and attack Suzuka with a vengeance. Hopefully my team will be more competitive then.

sporkface69
So since I wasn't going anywhere and my teammate quit I decided just to park it. Time to re-double my efforts and attack Suzuka with a vengeance. Hopefully my team will be more competitive then.

We will be stronger. Also I have two things to release to everyone in the series.

1. When all Team Extreme cars are at the track I will be playing pace car.

2. Team Extreme will be giving purses to the PC & GT winners. This will be for every race. The purse will be different every race. The two champions will get something big for there win. So now you have something to race for.

I had a very good chance of winning tonight, which makes it even more annoying that I had the problems I did, which could have been resolved if there was more of an effort to help me out. I don't stay up late (1am+) for the sake of being largely ignored...

I will mostly likely not be coming back after tonight, unless people are willing to co-operate to make sure EVERYONE can participate, rather than just ignore what's being highlighted as an issue that affects EVERYONE.

Well, I had a great shot at 2nd, until I short filled fuel... So I had to make a 2nd pit stop, that pretty much was it for me. I had a nice and long battle with stormy and that guy 2. I must say, I am not sure if the RUF will work. This was going to be a track that the car should've been good at, but stormy and I were much quicker.

Also, I think a 2nd formation lap would've been helpful today. I know ghs and I both had tire wear from Cnd's massive lag. Not a big deal, but for future reference, when lag is happening and people are getting wrecked, a second formation lap won't hurt.

Perhaps we could get a more specific start time? I'm supposed to be all wrapped up by 10:30, but I can usually pull off 11 (eastern). I believe the races are supposed to start at 9, but I believe the earliest we've started so far was 9:25. (I may be wrong), but maybe we can be a bit more tight about that. The rules book is so detailed that the sloppy start time doesn't make sense.

All in all, I had some fun tonight. It would've been better had Cnd and storm raced. I know Cnd left a cook out early to race, so that may have been why he got upset and left.

I had a very good chance of winning tonight, which makes it even more annoying that I had the problems I did, which could have been resolved if there was more of an effort to help me out. I don't stay up late (1am+) for the sake of being largely ignored...

I will mostly likely not be coming back after tonight, unless people are willing to co-operate to make sure EVERYONE can participate, rather than just ignore what's being highlighted as an issue that affects EVERYONE.

"Affects everyone?"

I've never had any lag issues with anyone other than cnd. And with cnd, if someone uses a device that uses his internet, he lags to high heaven. If no one does, he's fine. Though he left, we've yet to hear from him.

Here's the problem - you. Get better internet. You're fast, but this is a weekly problem, here and in Rolex. Do you think it's some sort of problem that can be fixed? Try it, then. Show me some results. This, if I recall, has been occurring for months, and do you think that some sort of special entering order is going to fix it? We've waited, waited, waited, waited, waited, and waited. Countless times we've waited. We've tried helping, but this problem is too far out of our hands to fix. Fix your router, or get a new one. Don't imply that we can't cooperate, because the amount of times we waited for you, the amount of times we've tried your special entering orders, backing out, clearing cache, it doesn't work.

Today, I reset my router, cleared cache, and made sure all mobile devices were off before I joined. I could see you perfectly, but you said you couldn't see me. That's your problem. Guto and Spork are a different issue, you and they need to clear cache or reset their router.

If you're not coming back, then it's a shame, but we've tried helping you, don't imply that we don't cooperate to get you to join.

And speaking of the race, don't say you could have won this or that, because you don't even know what would have happened. Calm down and get better internet.

We will be stronger. Also I have two things to release to everyone in the series.

1. When all Team Extreme cars are at the track I will be playing pace car.

2. Team Extreme will be giving purses to the PC & GT winners. This will be for every race. The purse will be different every race. The two champions will get something big for there win. So now you have something to race for.

1.)I think everyone would rather have another racer than a pace car... Or should I say, pace truck... Also, if the other guy is a reserve, why don't you race for your team and have him just race for himself?

2.) I am not sure if you comprehend how little anyone cares about racing for cars... They're all going to be under 1,000,000 credits, and most likely premium cars, that we could just buy ourselves... Most of us are here to have fun, not win something.... Something that we probably have to begin with anyways...

I'm retiring from this series. I left a cook-out with my friends to race this assuming the race would be on time. Not only did the race start a whopping 45 minutes behind schedule, but also I lagged when I had no one else using Internet at my house and I reset the router and cleaned the system cache. I don't want to ruin anyone else's race because I'm not compatible with someone/many people in the room.

I'm retiring from this series. I left a cook-out with my friends to race this assuming the race would be on time. Not only did the race start a whopping 45 minutes behind schedule, but also I lagged when I had no one else using Internet at my house and I reset the router and cleaned the system cache. I don't want to ruin anyone else's race because I'm not compatible with someone/many people in the room.

You should talk with stupidstormy and maybe be the host because when you was the host I never had problem, including with Storm at the lobby.

I'm thinking about dropping out as well. It was difficult to race on my small TV, but that's not the issue. The issue is people from different countries joining in and making the room start lagging. The same as last season, and with Grand Am. You get this glitchy screen and your car freezes up and doesn't respond normally.

And I really don't get how some Ant can run 5-10mph faster than everyone in the same car either. Paul, FH and I were all running the same speed, how is it that Anthony could run as fast without the draft as we could with it? I couldn't pass him in the draft, only keep up. That didn't happen with anyone else. It's not low downforce because I ran lower downforce and a longer 6th gear just for the draft. Still couldn't keep pace on the straights. I'm suspect about that. It don't matter that I didn't win. What's annoying is seeing some lag from a person continuously. I feel for the guys that had to deal with that.

I quit after the race was done. UNC was playing at 11 :).

I really didnt notice any lag tonight. James was lagging in the pace truck. But he got off the track. If your going to be a pace car, use the pace car. And then actually set the pace. We were doing like 40 mph for pace at one point.

The only thing I noticed about ANT was that his entry and exit speeds were higher than mine. He can brake late and still carry his speed through the corners. If he's 5 mph faster than me going into and through the corners he will be 10 mph faster than me in the straights.

I think Paul might have put up a good fight against the leaders. He was sitting back trying to help me the whole time. 👍 Well, at least I think thats what he was doing.

Tez has raced before with us problem free. So I feel there is a little we can do. But I had the same issues he had a while back in season 1 with compatibility issues. The best remedy for me was to get another router. After that I would say most of my problems went away. All of my problems went away after I switched to a better ISP. I run my PS3 wireless and hardly ever clear the cache. Although I'm thinking I should now. For some reason last night I was running half a second slower than I was doing in practice.

I'm thinking about dropping out as well. It was difficult to race on my small TV, but that's not the issue. The issue is people from different countries joining in and making the room start lagging. The same as last season, and with Grand Am. You get this glitchy screen and your car freezes up and doesn't respond normally.

And I really don't get how some Ant can run 5-10mph faster than everyone in the same car either. Paul, FH and I were all running the same speed, how is it that Anthony could run as fast without the draft as we could with it? I couldn't pass him in the draft, only keep up. That didn't happen with anyone else. It's not low downforce because I ran lower downforce and a longer 6th gear just for the draft. Still couldn't keep pace on the straights. I'm suspect about that. It don't matter that I didn't win. What's annoying is seeing some lag from a person continuously. I feel for the guys that had to deal with that.

...I'm suspect about that...?, why do you always think that something is wrong?
After the race I asked the spec check to me. At the begin I asked to stormy if the turbo is allowed or not to make sure of this point. You couldn't catch me under my draft because before that I used your draft and achieve a high top speed...that is the only situation that I remember you was near to me. I entered and leaved the turn faster than you. My top speed, without draft was 301km/h. I told you, the only difference is now we drive the same car.

Ok so.....

About the guys saying that I should get better internet: I'm not the homeowner/billpayer of my house, and trying to explain that we need better internet to a not-very-internet-savvy, very-tight-budget father sees me running into brick walls.

About the problem: Well, in part yes it's my problem since my internet isn't the best, and I won't every say its not at least partly my fault, but that ties in with the "get better internet" thing, so unfortunately that can't be helped.

The problem, that I know is the problem and have an idea to fix if people could understand what I'm saying, it that the incompatibility (loading bar + not seen on track) I have with someone people creates interference (not seen on track, but no loading bar) with other people joining after them. That is why I couldn't see ghs or Seth, who any other time I see perfectly.

I said this in the lobby when I noticed the incompatibility I had with spork and guto. I couldn't see FH when he joined after them due to interference, so I rejoined. Now, usually when I rejoin after someone I'm not compatible with, it takes about 2-3 mins before I'm DC'd again, but that didn't happen when I rejoined, and the problem with not seeing FH was resolved. Stormy, TG2, Fraiser, FH and Sin were all in the lobby saw this, so clearly the problem is more specific than this, but I did mention to the guys in the lobby to expect the real problems to start if ant joined before the rest of the field. Guess what, he did, and the problems did begin to happen.

I reset my router AND my access point, cleared cache, RECONFIGURED MY PS3's internet settings (which helps me to get NAT 2 and UPNP available). I checked my settings on a WIRED CONNECTION.... NAT Type 2 and HIGH BANDWIDTH, now check this, that was checked before I rejoined after anthony, just to make sure my internet was fine. Heh, it was actually BETTER than when I had originally joined the lobby when it was just myself, guto, spork, FH, Stormy, Sin, TG2 and Sin.

Guys, I know what I'm talking about, and I honestly cannot possible dumb my explanations down any more than I already have. It's not a case of a "special joining order", its just a simple case of one person joining later so that the interference does not mean that I'll inevitably bump people off track when I can't see them, but they can still see and make contact with me. The interference is the "issue that affects everyone" that I mentioned, not incompatibility. I'd rather everyone was incompatible with me; at least you can't see my car and don't have the risk of being bumped off.

Anthony.... For tonight in Rolex, would you mind waiting for more people to join the lobby before you join please? Your internet does not kick you out of the lobby if you join after me, and I'd like to test my little uh... theory/teoría... about our internet. Please?

Ok so.....

About the guys saying that I should get better internet: I'm not the homeowner/billpayer of my house, and trying to explain that we need better internet to a not-very-internet-savvy, very-tight-budget father sees me running into brick walls.

About the problem: Well, in part yes it's my problem since my internet isn't the best, and I won't every say its not at least partly my fault, but that ties in with the "get better internet" thing, so unfortunately that can't be helped.

The problem, that I know is the problem and have an idea to fix if people could understand what I'm saying, it that the incompatibility (loading bar + not seen on track) I have with someone people creates interference (not seen on track, but no loading bar) with other people joining after them. That is why I couldn't see ghs or Seth, who any other time I see perfectly.

I said this in the lobby when I noticed the incompatibility I had with spork and guto. I couldn't see FH when he joined after them due to interference, so I rejoined. Now, usually when I rejoin after someone I'm not compatible with, it takes about 2-3 mins before I'm DC'd again, but that didn't happen when I rejoined, and the problem with not seeing FH was resolved. Stormy, TG2, Fraiser, FH and Sin were all in the lobby saw this, so clearly the problem is more specific than this, but I did mention to the guys in the lobby to expect the real problems to start if ant joined before the rest of the field. Guess what, he did, and the problems did begin to happen.

I reset my router AND my access point, cleared cache, RECONFIGURED MY PS3's internet settings (which helps me to get NAT 2 and UPNP available). I checked my settings on a WIRED CONNECTION.... NAT Type 2 and HIGH BANDWIDTH, now check this, that was checked before I rejoined after anthony, just to make sure my internet was fine. Heh, it was actually BETTER than when I had originally joined the lobby when it was just myself, guto, spork, FH, Stormy, Sin, TG2 and Sin.

Guys, I know what I'm talking about, and I honestly cannot possible dumb my explanations down any more than I already have. It's not a case of a "special joining order", its just a simple case of one person joining later so that the interference does not mean that I'll inevitably bump people off track when I can't see them, but they can still see and make contact with me. The interference is the "issue that affects everyone" that I mentioned, not incompatibility. I'd rather everyone was incompatible with me; at least you can't see my car and don't have the risk of being bumped off.

Anthony.... For tonight in Rolex, would you mind waiting for more people to join the lobby before you join please? Your internet does not kick you out of the lobby if you join after me, and I'd like to test my little uh... theory/teoría... about our internet. Please?

I know your theory is right, for that reason I rejoined yesterday to fixed the problem, the problem is that you can't see the drivers who join after me, so, the solution for me is: *we join the lobby, you before me, doesn't care if other drivers join after me, we qualify, get order grid and then, once we have the order, create a new room and join all drivers, you, and me last. (has to be after qualify because during the qualify some drivers join and rejoin). What do you think, we can try this night at Rolex.

I know your theory is right, for that reason I rejoined yesterday to fixed the problem, the problem is that you can't see the drivers who join after me, so, the solution for me is: *we join the lobby, you before me, doesn't care if other drivers join after me, we qualify, get order grid and then, once we have the order, create a new room and join all drivers, you, and me last. (has to be after qualify because during the qualify some drivers join and rejoin). What do you think, we can try this night at Rolex.
I like this idea! Your theory is that because we're qualifying, it is not as important to see everyone, and as long as we remember our grid positions, making a new room will not mess up the order.

It works for me, since I only have about 5 laps on track in quali then I wait in the pits, so the chances of the people who would be affected by being in a position where I can bump them off is smaller.

Well, has anyone posted a order?

Also, will Cnd get points? I'm not sure, but it may happen again with others.

Final results:

PC:

1. Anthony
2. Paul
3. Seth
4. Sin
5. RPH
6. Fraiser

GT:

1. Skill
2. Stormy
3. Polar