American Le Mans Series Season VI [Round 6: Monterey 01/11/2013]

What should the damage type be for this season?

• Light Damage (With Cautions)

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Light Damage (No Cautions)

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Heavy Damage (With Cautions)

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Heavy Damage (No Cautions)

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Someone could explain me how can I add an image!! Because I want to but when I add an image says "invalid image".

Thank you all for your kind words.

paul, CALM looked like a great series to race in, but unfortunately couldn't stay because of a summer job.

Then I stayed away from GTP series altogether because I wanted to finish AC: Revelations and then got sucked in by AC3. Now that I'm finished with both, I have more time for GT5.

EDIT: By the way, if some of you didn't already get from my team's name, this ride's coming back to ALMS...

Hi Yeratel. I would say you have a teammate, but with my internet problems, I'm thinking of pulling the plug on my time in the Ford GT.

To everyone: Sorry about the outburst on Friday. I've calmed down a fair ol' bit since Friday, and I'm trying to think of ways that won't see me ruining people's races with my connection. Sorry for snapping at you all, it won't happen again.

As a bit of info: the idea of the "loading bar" guys joining behind me and the guys I can usually see fine worked on Saturday, although it was a wierd formation lap for me; who couldn't attend qualifying and started last. Of the 5 "loading bar" people, 2 occupied the spaces directly ahead of me in quali, and were were the ones I couldn't see. Keeping distance was.... fun, let's say.

I'll give the next race on Friday one last chance, if you'll have me. I'll enter the lobby early so I can give a shout to whom won't be able to see me, before we get too far into quali. If everyone's on time, a little order shuffling won't take up much time.

Also, I won't be resetting the main router next week. Sure, my NAT Type might only end up at Type 3, but fingers crossed that I'll be visible to more people so that my mess of last week doesn't happen again.

Last edited:
Hi Yeratel. I would say you have a teammate, but with my internet problems, I'm thinking of pulling the plug on my time in the Ford GT.

To everyone: Sorry about the outburst on Friday. I've calmed down a fair ol' bit since Friday, and I'm trying to think of ways that won't see me ruining people's races with my connection. Sorry for snapping at you all, it won't happen again.

As a bit of info: the idea of the "loading bar" guys joining behind me and the guys I can usually see fine worked on Saturday, although it was a wierd formation lap for me; who couldn't attend qualifying and started last. Of the 5 "loading bar" people, 2 occupied the spaces directly ahead of me in quali, and were were the ones I couldn't see. Keeping distance was.... fun, let's say.

I'll give the next race on Friday one last chance, if you'll have me. I'll enter the lobby early so I can give a shout to whom won't be able to see me, before we get too far into quali. If everyone's on time, a little order shuffling won't take up much time.

Also, I won't be resetting the main router next week. Sure, my NAT Type might only end up at Type 3, but fingers crossed that I'll be visible to more people so that my mess of last week doesn't happen again.

You may want to make sure your NAT type is at 1 or 2. Type 3 is the most restrictive type and causes the most problems with incompatibility. I was able to see you, as well as everyone else last Friday.

Also, after watching the replay, I was glad I wasn't up front battling for the lead with skilla. He was lagging on my screen that the banked walls were being lit up like the Fourth of July. :lol: But everyone else was fine. Had some great battles myself, and great clean racing. No incidents with PC, although I did screw up and it affected a certain driver (I don't remember who it was, and I apologize for it).

And welcome back Yeratel84.

Also, I updated the results and standings on Saturday. Not sure if anyone noticed.

Why don't you try joining last?

I did that Saturday night, more by not paying attention to when the Rolex Series room was opening. I disconnected within 2 minutes of joining. It was the same when I rejoined behind Ant to correct the issue of not seeing ghs or Seth on Friday night. I was originally about 5th in the lobby initially but rejopined to fix not being able to see FH.

Stormy, my NAT Type won't be 1 because the wireless is enabled, and can't be disabled because my dad needs wireless open for his notebook to connect. It's Type 2 when I reset the main router, but as it has been shown, doesn't always make my connectivity and stability better. :(

I dunno. Maybe I can convince my dad to look into a better ISP, but I don't see that happening soon or without drunken rambling input from mum.

Or maybe get a dual band router. Wireless I have 3 tv's that run netflix, a laptop, and two smart phones. PlayStation is wired but I don't have any lag when they are running at the same time. The dual band router is the way to go.
Have one channel for the ps3 and everything else run off the second. They run about $50-$100. Christmas is coming up or black friday!

I'm running off an access point though, TG2. It has a 50m ethernet cable running from the main router in the house to where I use my PC/PS3 via the access point. My PS3 and Router are wired to that Access Point.

Any idea how that'd work?

You may want to make sure your NAT type is at 1 or 2. Type 3 is the most restrictive type and causes the most problems with incompatibility. I was able to see you, as well as everyone else last Friday.

Also, after watching the replay, I was glad I wasn't up front battling for the lead with skilla. He was lagging on my screen that the banked walls were being lit up like the Fourth of July. :lol: But everyone else was fine. Had some great battles myself, and great clean racing. No incidents with PC, although I did screw up and it affected a certain driver (I don't remember who it was, and I apologize for it).

And welcome back Yeratel84.

Also, I updated the results and standings on Saturday. Not sure if anyone noticed.

I'm running off an access point though, TG2. It has a 50m ethernet cable running from the main router in the house to where I use my PC/PS3 via the access point. My PS3 and Router are wired to that Access Point.

Any idea how that'd work?

So you're running a physical connection to a router, then physically to your modem?

Running your PS3 on a physical connection is usually not interrupted by anything, unless there's cross talk going on, or the shielding inside the Ethernet cable is damaged or otherwise compromised. Dual band routers are really only good if you have devices that run off of either a 2.4 GHz band or a 5 GHz band, or both, as you can run devices off of one spectrum while the other isn't affected. The PS3's wireless NIC is incapable of running on the 5 GHz band, as it only runs on the 2.4 GHz band. Many other devices run only on the 2.4 GHz band, such as blue-tooth, cell phones, wireless land-line phones, mobile devices, microwaves, etc. You should also make sure there is nothing around the access point if you are running wireless on it. Not many devices use the 5 GHz band, mostly that being PCs and laptops. My laptop can run off of both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands.

Also, having a 50 meter ethernet cable maybe too long. That's almost 165 ft! Having a longer cable could also be a problem. Even though a physical connection is more stable and reliable than a wireless one, a signal in a long ethernet cable can weaken to the point that network issues may surface. The shorter you can get the ethernet cable, the better, as there's less distance to travel. Modems, routers, switches, and repeaters help strengthen and boost signals to travel further.

I don't know anything about ISPs in England, so please forgive me regarding that.

Last edited:
It has come to my attention that Thanksgiving is this Thursday. In light of this holiday, I believe we should push the schedule back one week. What do you all think?

Latest Posts

Back