American Le Mans Series Season VI [Round 6: Monterey 01/11/2013]

What should the damage type be for this season?

• Light Damage (With Cautions)

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Light Damage (No Cautions)

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Heavy Damage (With Cautions)

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Heavy Damage (No Cautions)

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
polarbear345
Well, I had a great shot at 2nd, until I short filled fuel... So I had to make a 2nd pit stop, that pretty much was it for me. I had a nice and long battle with stormy and that guy 2. I must say, I am not sure if the RUF will work. This was going to be a track that the car should've been good at, but stormy and I were much quicker.

Also, I think a 2nd formation lap would've been helpful today. I know ghs and I both had tire wear from Cnd's massive lag. Not a big deal, but for future reference, when lag is happening and people are getting wrecked, a second formation lap won't hurt.

Perhaps we could get a more specific start time? I'm supposed to be all wrapped up by 10:30, but I can usually pull off 11 (eastern). I believe the races are supposed to start at 9, but I believe the earliest we've started so far was 9:25. (I may be wrong), but maybe we can be a bit more tight about that. The rules book is so detailed that the sloppy start time doesn't make sense.

All in all, I had some fun tonight. It would've been better had Cnd and storm raced. I know Cnd left a cook out early to race, so that may have been why he got upset and left.

It will work. I was just having to brake early in turn 1 and the bus stop. Sorry stormy. Know I was messing you up in turn one. Having no down force sucks but I'm a wheel man! I like it. Just the lmp and other gt cars just need to know going thru high speed corners I suck! I was running low 1.46's and hit a 1.45.7 during the race. But on my first pit stop, I had to let off the gas in the infield bend and seth punted me off the track! Sorry seth!! My fault. When we were running soft tires I could take that corner without lift but like I said having no down force and medium tires its tough to drive. Not complaining just stating the facts. RUF will be OK!! Just need a clean race!!

james6653
Final results:

PC:

1. Anthony
2. Paul
3. Seth
4. Sin
5. RPH
6. Fraiser

GT:

1. Skill
2. Stormy
3. Polar
4. TG2
5. CND
6. Spork
7. Guto

Now its fixed.

To be honest, Tez, I think the problem is your internet. I'm often playing in "international" rooms (actually I never play with Brazilians) and I never have a single problem, such as lag and that loading bar issue. I only had that problem with you.

I had an incident with TG2 and Spork on the first lap and I felt completely demotivated to keep racing, so I just left.

...I'm suspect about that...?, why do you always think that something is wrong?
After the race I asked the spec check to me. At the begin I asked to stormy if the turbo is allowed or not to make sure of this point. You couldn't catch me under my draft because before that I used your draft and achieve a high top speed...that is the only situation that I remember you was near to me. I entered and leaved the turn faster than you. My top speed, without draft was 301km/h. I told you, the only difference is now we drive the same car.

The difference? The difference is you use a wheel, I use a ds3. You use manual I use automatic. And how do you figure you pass me in the draft if you're already ahead of me? :ouch: I was behind you in your draft doing 315kmh+ and still couldn't keep up, on the straight. So you either ran no wing on your car, you had some trick transmission or you had more power. I was 'near to you' for more than just one lap. Maybe you didn't watch your mirror, but I was less than a second behind you after you drafted past me. I only lost you because That_Guy came out the pits, and we got tangled up in which direction to go in turn 5 which put me in the grass.

Where is FlyinHawaiian...? He finished 4º or 5º I think!!

Yeah FH got 5th.
I think he must have had an accident because I didnt expect to catch up to him. We battled for position on the last lap, then on the last straight he stayed side by side with me. Felt like he gave me 4th he could have draft past me but he didnt.

Last edited:
Final results:

PC:

1. Anthony
2. Paul
3. Seth
4. Sin
5. FlyinHawiian77
6. RPH
7. Fraiser

GT:

1. Skill
2. Stormy
3. Polar
4. TG2
5. Spork
6. Guto
7. Cnd

Fixed x2 FH finished in 5th iirc.. He quit out after the race was over it did delete him like after 2 mins of trundling but he finished there prior.

Also correct FH I was bumpdrafting you in an attempt to catch Seth, instead of wasting time battling and losing time by doing so. (It was also safer to do so afterall on such a drafty track theres not much point battling until near the end.) It was a sad end in T1 Seth went off clipped you etc then I couldn't avoid you :guilty:.

Last edited:
It was weird, the room kept lagging in T1 and T6 every so often and the braking distance increased by a seeming 50meters! There seems to be these little glitches, I think might be from slower connections.

It was weird, the room kept lagging in T1 and T6 every so often and the braking distance increased by a seeming 50meters! There seems to be these little glitches, I think might be from slower connections.

In the race, or in the replay?

I never noticed this, I braked very consistantly into T1 and noticed no differences.. :P

Kakarot
Yeah FH got 5th.
I think he must have had an accident because I didnt expect to catch up to him. We battled for position on the last lap, then on the last straight he stayed side by side with me. Felt like he gave me 4th he could have draft past me but he didnt.

Yeah, total lack of concentration at the end. I kept looking at the clock.

I was all good the whole race. Seth, you seem to be the only one who has these types of problems..

Two people have commented, that's not the whole group. 👍

It happened when someone joined the room midrace. I think running the race in a lounge would be better.

Two people have commented, that's not the whole group. 👍

It happened when someone joined the room midrace. I think running the race in a lounge would be better.

Not sure what the first part means, but the second part makes things more clear. I know what you're talking about now. At first I thought you ment it was happening all the time.

Well only two people commented about the lag that happened I was talking about. You were saying that no one but me had that problem. So I was just saying only two people said they didn't see it, not the whole group. So I do wonder if anyone else saw these things. It seems to happen when people leave, rejoin, randoms come in etc.

Hi, fellas, I raced with some of you guys in Season IV, but wasn't able to race in Season V.
I only found out about Season VI tonight (Sun, 18 November), and would like to join, if that's ok. If so, here's my registration:

GTP Username: Yeratel84
PSN ID: Yeratel84
Class: GT
Vehicle: Ford
Number: 84
Team: Gulf Ford Motorsport
Tire: Yokohama
Full time

Hi, fellas, I raced with some of you guys in Season IV, but wasn't able to race in Season V.
I only found out about Season VI tonight (Sun, 18 November), and would like to join, if that's ok. If so, here's my registration:

GTP Username: Yeratel84
PSN ID: Yeratel84
Class: GT
Vehicle: Ford
Number: 84
Team: Gulf Ford Motorsport
Tire: Yokohama
Full time

WooHoo!
Good to have you back!

Also, shameless advertisement: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=267511

Knew I recognised the name. Yeratel raced with us in PURE CALM and was pretty fast.

Results here: (Uli Martins)

Too bad at Spa he did this.. :lol: (#84 Citroen)

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_6.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_14.jpg

Rest are Here.

Needless to say he is fast and clean :).

Thank you all for your kind words.

paul, CALM looked like a great series to race in, but unfortunately couldn't stay because of a summer job.

Then I stayed away from GTP series altogether because I wanted to finish AC: Revelations and then got sucked in by AC3. Now that I'm finished with both, I have more time for GT5.

EDIT: By the way, if some of you didn't already get from my team's name, this ride's coming back to ALMS...

Last edited:
Back