American Le Mans Series Season VI [Round 6: Monterey 01/11/2013]

What should the damage type be for this season?

• Light Damage (With Cautions)

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Light Damage (No Cautions)

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Heavy Damage (With Cautions)

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Heavy Damage (No Cautions)

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Changing those settings will reset all the lap times.

Over complicates things, and we won't be using it. It would only delay the start of the race.

I'd like to see how that might go in a different series though.

Changing those settings will reset all the lap times.

Over complicates things, and we won't be using it. It would only delay the start of the race.

I'd like to see how that might go in a different series though.

Those are only really a problem if people forget what position they are supposed to be in. A problem I think happens anyway, although I do agree with the delay.

My first initial reaction with the new settings was that any Sprint-esque series' might work with or benefit from it.

Just had a thought.... I wonder what it'd be like having Very High tyre wear settings at the Nurburg 24 track.

They don't reset the lap times. Only changing the track resets the lap times. Your car drives the same, the tires and fuel just deplete at a rapid rate.

The best lap time might still show, but your time won't be saved I don't think. The grid order will still be random. Just like when you change the grip level from real to low or vice versa.

The best lap time might still show, but your time won't be saved I don't think. The grid order will still be random. Just like when you change the grip level from real to low or vice versa.

Live timing stays. You change settings to the lap amount and the tire wear after qualifying anyway. Fastest first setting in the room will start the fastest first. Regardless of what the tire wear was. Even if it doesn't people should know their place.

Obama will take the biggest states. There's no way Romney will win bar a miracle.

Is anyone getting under the 2:00 mark in GT? Just hit 1:59.9, so it's not quite a solid 1:59 lap. This is for Nurburgring GP/F, by the way.

Oh damn, I just remembered that last season 2:00.5's were the pole time. Oops....

What track is it thjs weekend? Im going to miss it by the way. Best friend is having his bachelor party this weekend.

From the OP
The two pre-season races will be at Grand Valley and
Nurburgring GP/F, starting Friday, November 2nd, 2012. The actual season
will start on Friday, November 16th, 2012. Each race will then be on each Friday.
Here.

Sorry to hear, man. I'm kinda shocked by how the Ford is running half a second quicker than what was an epically close GT Quali last season at Nurburgring. Wasn't all the cars in GT hitting 2:00.5 in quali?

Sorry to hear, man. I'm kinda shocked by how the Ford is running half a second quicker than what was an epically close GT Quali last season at Nurburgring. Wasn't all the cars in GT hitting 2:00.5 in quali?

The Ford GT didn't compete at Nurburgring last season, so I wouldn't know what its times would've been. But the best qualifying time was 2:00.385 for GT last season In the Evora, with everyone else at around a +00.200 gap.

Well in a warm up I was doing I was pushing into the 1:59.9 region. I would've had better by a good few tenths, but I made an error in the hairpin before (and including) the Schumacher S.

Well in a warm up I was doing I was pushing into the 1:59.9 region. I would've had better by a good few tenths, but I made an error in the hairpin before (and including) the Schumacher S.

I'll have to see what the Viper can do. I haven't taken the Viper out on Nurb yet. I probably won't get a chance to until tomorrow.

Everyone thought Yeratel was so good a couple seasons back, but in reality the Ford GT has a major advantage. The Lotus isn't even near it.

^See above, Tez. I was able to run a second faster with the Ford than any other car. Even with -30hp.

^See above, Tez. I was able to run a second faster with the Ford than any other car. Even with -30hp.
Where was this? What times did you post?

I did laugh when I posted only to see that. I was in the process of editing my post, but you posted again. Even if that's true, it's still a benchmark for my progress.

Seems like I drive all the OP cars, lately.

Where was this? What times did you post?

I did laugh when I posted only to see that. I was in the process of editing my post, but you posted again. Even if that's true, it's still a benchmark for my progress.

Seems like I drive all the OP cars, lately.

The Evora was clearly OP. Not sure about the GT.

I was running the Lotus at 460 bhp / 1300 kg in the end. To be honest, given how good Paulmac drove the Ferrari in a Rolex test, and the pace it had at la Sarthe in the last race, the Fezza here seems like its OP.

To be honest, you can't really have 3 OP cars, two of which I've driven into just below 2:00, and ironically both cars are actually LOWER in bhp than the rest of the "non-OP" field, can you?

Lotus Evora joins the 1:59.9's with the Ford GT.

That was practice before the season. In any series if the Ford GT is in it, it has to be paid special attention to, because if the specs are close to what the other cars are, it will be faster easily.

I agree with Tez the Ferrari is most likely the fastest at these specs by maybe .3+. The Rolex one has less power and more weight than most others to be equal on RMs.

I agree with Tez the Ferrari is most likely the fastest at these specs by maybe .3+. The Rolex one has less power and more weight than most others to be equal on RMs.

I agree with Paul and Tez here. The Ferrari when properly tuned is a beast and a half :lol:

Back