American Le Mans Series Season VI [Round 6: Monterey 01/11/2013]

What should the damage type be for this season?

• Light Damage (With Cautions)

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Light Damage (No Cautions)

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Heavy Damage (With Cautions)

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Heavy Damage (No Cautions)

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
First off I joined picked the car I liked the look of better and drove with a near base tune with no testing of it or the track... (Didn't work too good :lol:)

After a bit of testing after the race I think I will take the GV5. For unknown reasons the C60 for me was around .4 slower than the GV5. Yet the C60 felt so much better in the bends.. :boggled: Also upon returning to the GV5 after everyone left I managed to tune it to handle nicer and manage a 1:40.3 with a bit more possible for sure.

Edit: Definitely a big jump from what I'm used too, RH max tyres GT500s or FFs.. :lol: (2 weeks off GT5 wouldn't have helped either :P)

Last edited:
You should be up towards the front in PC if you can keep that pace at other tracks. But you'll need to be good on tire wear too. I decided to do 2 stops tonight, no reason to push for one stop. When the racing is close together it's harder to contain the tires with competition around you. Then traffic played a part also. This tracks not too wide.

The GV5 is definitely faster in the straights. Any gap that I built through the corners Seth would close in the straights. But the Hybride seems to handle better in the corners.

I don't think so. I was just drafting you! I think they're pretty evenly matched. I know once you got out the draft I couldn't close back up. I'm horrible at that hairpin turn. I lost so much time there each lap. It'd be easier to do with a wheel, but I use the DS3 so it's a lot tougher to get right. You have to turn in really tight to get the exit lined up. But with the DS3 it seems to want to keep turning to the right, then you oversteer the turn or want to spin out. I think its one of the toughest turns on any track in GT5.

i may be interested in joining this with another person, but what time are the races? I read through the first few posts, but I cannot seem to find a time.

The reason the Viper was 1-2 in qualifying is because Polar and I were drafting off of each other :P I ran 2 laps under 1.52 in the race. I really like the track. It suited the car very well. I'd say more so than Laguna Seca. The Ford may need a horsepower boost to keep up with the Vette and the Viper down the straights.

i may be interested in joining this with another person, but what time are the races? I read through the first few posts, but I cannot seem to find a time.

"The room will open for a practice session at around 7 pm EST. At 8:30 pm, qualifying will begin, with the race following at 9:00 pm. The room will be opened up in a public lobby by stupidstormy36, unless noted otherwise. The room number will be posted in the OP in the forums."

From the Rules and Regulations.

I just changed the Ford up a bit, and after 2 laps, did a 1:51.681.

4:05.383 on the clock overall. Less than 5 mins on track and 5 mins tuning. This is on offline mode with tyre wear and real track grip, where I could manage 1:52.066, and given I was 3 tenth quicker in the lobby, 1:51.5 shouldn't be a problem for me.

4:05.383 on the clock overall. Less than 5 mins on track and 5 mins tuning. This is on offline mode with tyre wear and real track grip, where I could manage 1:52.066, and given I was 3 tenth quicker in the lobby, 1:51.5 shouldn't be a problem for me.

That's really quick. If the Ford can go that fast then the Viper doesn't need to be cut down any, and the Ford may/may not need a boost.

GTP: eLove
PSN: eLove_
Class: GT
Vehicle: Ruf RGT
Team Name: I'm a real Porsche
Alone?
Tire: Falken
Reserve: Full time

"The room will open for a practice session at around 7 pm EST. At 8:30 pm, qualifying will begin, with the race following at 9:00 pm. The room will be opened up in a public lobby by stupidstormy36, unless noted otherwise. The room number will be posted in the OP in the forums."

From the Rules and Regulations.

Well I won't be able to race this series sadly. I work until 9pm on Fridays, but thank you anyway.

Can you not tell a difference between online and offline characteristics? Just wondering is all. I cant seem to make any of my tunes for offline work online. So all my tunes are done in a lobby.

Well I won't be able to race this series sadly. I work until 9pm on Fridays, but thank you anyway.

I would show up anyway. It says we start at 9 but the race actually starts between 9:30-10:00. It really depends on how antsy everyone gets in the room. :lol: Last night we started a little past 9:30, backed out to wait for someone and then that person DC'd anyway. :lol:

Can you not tell a difference between online and offline characteristics? Just wondering is all. I cant seem to make any of my tunes for offline work online. So all my tunes are done in a lobby.

I would show up anyway. It says we start at 9 but the race actually starts between 9:30-10:00. It really depends on how antsy everyone gets in the room. :lol: Last night we started a little past 9:30, backed out to wait for someone and then that person DC'd anyway. :lol:

Definitely! I had the C60 Peugeot hooked up offline. It handles beautifully. I was able to do 1:40.8s with it offline after only 3 laps, then I go online with the same tune and I could hardly get to the mid 1:41's. It felt horrible, all wrong. I was going to run it until I tested online with it, too bad so sad. I didn't even tune the GV5. I ran with the same setup as Laguna Seca from last week. All I did was extend the gears.

The online physics are looser than the offline physics, so tunes for offline can vary from online.

At times, no not really; at least not with softs. I noticed it a little more with the switch to mediums, but its not a big deal to me to warrant switching up my tune much; if at all. Is that weird?

Too me it is. I was thinking maybe cause I'm a wheel user. But then Seth said he was noticing the same. All my cars will understeer if I tune offline and then take it online. I always felt there was a difference. But after this update, to me, its more noticeable than ever.

I've given up offline testing. We race online, so that's where I go for testing. I used to offline test, but I would get in a race and the car would be 1+ second slower sometimes online than offline.

Track details have been updated to reflect the new laps and the date of the races (located at the top of each image).

Announcements also updated.

Last edited:
If anybody cares, I might try to livestream practice and quali for the rFactor race at Mid Ohio today. If I can get it to work smoothly, I might try it for the race too.
Would you guys watch it?

If anybody cares, I might try to livestream practice and quali for the rFactor race at Mid Ohio today. If I can get it to work smoothly, I might try it for the race too.
Would you guys watch it?

Nobody cares!

Nah, just kidding. I could probably learn a few pointers by watching. Is it on now?

Nobody cares!

Nah, just kidding. I could probably learn a few pointers by watching. Is it on now?

Will put it up in a second.
FPS and quality will be REALLY low.
Might have to turn audio off as well, hold on a sec.

It's not up yet, but watch this page: http://www.twitch.tv/GTP_gogatrs

EDIT: It's up and running for now. Let me know if there are any issues.
EDIT 2: Took it down for now until I hop back in to drive some more.

Last edited:
Okay, I'm there, but there's no stream. Just a stupid lightning bolt. :lol: Screw Attack?

See my double edit, I'll have it up for quali and the end of practice.

Here's a schedule.
So I'll put it up at 2:10 or so EST.

Live timing to go along with it.

Last edited:
Should be back up.

Quali in 5!
Gonna turn the stream off for the race. FPS is at around 20. :scared:

Qualified second.
Not bad I don't think, the pole sitter is an alien. He's won every race he's competed in.

Last edited:
I still get nothing.

On a side note, a brand new PS Store interface update! Checking it out now.

From the man himself:

My perspective is that the sounds in Gran Turismo are just too real. With the recording method we use, we use a dyno and put the load on, and the sound we produce is just too accurate. I think it would be a good thing to sort of design the sound a little bit, and so that is something I would like to challenge ourselves with in the future.

:odd::odd::odd::odd::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Commenting on, the sound of the average fart?

Surely he doesn't mean the car's engine/exhaust sounds....

Tez_SP17
Commenting on, the sound of the average fart?

Surely he doesn't mean the car's engine/exhaust sounds....

My Sauber doesn't sound like a vacuum cleaner in real life, if YouTube videos are anything to go by...

Back