American Le Mans Series Season VI [Round 6: Monterey 01/11/2013]

What should the damage type be for this season?

• Light Damage (With Cautions)

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Light Damage (No Cautions)

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Heavy Damage (With Cautions)

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Heavy Damage (No Cautions)

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We were fine without them last season. This will just add more nonsense drama. No cautions light damage.

I just voted light damage/no cautions because that's the tradition here. Don't fix it if it ain't broke :lol: We can try heavy damage/cautions in the preseason and the non-points races.

I voted for light damage and no cautions. But heavy damage with no cautions would be fun too. Unless you have someone watching the race to call the cautions, think its going to cause drama.

Did you win???

Came close, was closing the gap with 10 minutes to go. Was within a few car lengths until I had an issue with one of the prototypes right after the pit entrance. So I had to limp around for repairs. Probably my fault, I didn't see him and turned in...
Mid Ohio on Sunday though!

Came close, was closing the gap with 10 minutes to go. Was within a few car lengths until I had an issue with one of the prototypes right after the pit entrance. So I had to limp around for repairs. Probably my fault, I didn't see him and turned in...
Mid Ohio on Sunday though!

That's too bad man.

Anyway, we are racing preseason tonight at Grand Valley at regular time right?

Power came up early morning today, should be there 👍
Also what track are we at today?

Last edited:
If you guys wait a few mins I'll be there. Haven't practiced and found I only have the Hybrid and GV5 to pick from though.

Good racing tonight. I've gotta fix my front tire wear problems when the fuel is low. It was even when I had a full tank, but my rear tires could have gone another 7 laps, but I had no front grip the last 2 1/2 laps. Great job FH and Storm. Stormy and I had a good battle, but he got the shaft in that race. Not sure what happened in PC, but the racing looked close.

Stormy, would you and gatrs mind if I race the McLaren MP4 next race and possibly the rest of the season? I'll do some tests to keep it on pace.

Stormy, would you and gatrs mind if I race the McLaren MP4 next race and possibly the rest of the season? I'll do some tests to keep it on pace.

Ah, you are reminding me of a certain kiwi friend of mine...
I'll allow it for the next preseason race, but not for the regular season.

Your kiwi friend showed up and teased us with it. :lol:

Sorry again to Stormy. Sometimes when I would pass GT they would move and give me the line. I assumed you would do the same and bumped you off your line. I looked in my back mirror and it looked like you had spun.

I just got a little impatient and Seth was breathing down my neck. I'll be sure to have this fixed by the time the season starts.

Yeah I got shafted big. :lol: From Cnd's lag fest to Guto not seeing Storm. Plus tire wear was really bad this race. Glad it's not in the actual season. I may have to slow the Vipers down a bit as they are showing early signs of domination in the GT class.

I think there were definitely more incidents between me and the prototype class this race than I usually get. Most of the time I have no incidents, but due to the nature of the track, I kind of expected it.

Yeah, this track is not the greatest IMO. I'm glad it was preseason. We have a close battle there FH. I would have been even closer to you at the end but for a big incident at the beginning and then running into James when he spun on track. He was trying to drive out the way but ended up in the middle of the track and I rammed right into him.

Well, there's a definite power difference between the Viper and Ford GT, but the speed they possessed is something I think the Corvette has too, it's just a matter of tapping into it. I remember Kev and Yera really tapped into their respective cars well in Season 4.

Though the Viper's took 1 & 2 in the quallifying due to a clever little draft strategy, I didn't exactly fall too far behind in the Ford GT. By lap 2 I set the fastest GT race lap by a nearly 0.3 over you stormy, and was only 0.1 off that the second lap into my second stint. I think it was the same lap cnd finally dragged his car out of the 1:52's into a 1:51.9, then two 1:51.8's.

In all, there were definite miscommunicationes between classes. Everyone in both classes got screwed at one point or another, the nature of the track meant that a lot of luck was involved as to who got screwed over the most/least.

I was just thankful at the closing stages I had the pace and space to close in. I made some big errors early on of my own accord, and had to fight to get back. I was in a sleeping bag (don't ask, lol), and at one point I had to poke the whole top half of my body out of it where I was burning up. I had my hood up too, that came off pretty sharpish. :lol:

In short, unlucky to Stormy, who ran an amazing race to be fair to him, but it wasn't to be his night. Fantastic win for FH, who looked like he had to battle hard, as did everyone in the PC class. I want to say thank you to cnd for a very close finish, if we were going by who last crossed the line in 1st before timeout, you'd have won it by a fraction of a hundreth I think. :D

FlyinHawaiian77
Your kiwi friend showed up and teased us with it. :lol:

Sorry again to Stormy. Sometimes when I would pass GT they would move and give me the line. I assumed you would do the same and bumped you off your line. I looked in my back mirror and it looked like you had spun.

I just got a little impatient and Seth was breathing down my neck. I'll be sure to have this fixed by the time the season starts.

I told him he could run it, and only him. As long as he behaves himself.

That McLaren is slow. Maybe it's just my off-form pace today, but that thing could only seem to do 53s-54s on a good lap. It had to lift off in corners where the Ferrari could take flat out.

Again, sorry for that crash Stormy. About the race, I had lots of understeer and wasn't able to keep up with your pace at all.

Back