American Le Mans Series Season VI [Round 6: Monterey 01/11/2013]

What should the damage type be for this season?

• Light Damage (With Cautions)

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Light Damage (No Cautions)

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Heavy Damage (With Cautions)

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Heavy Damage (No Cautions)

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Monaco is 45 laps according to a conversation stormy and I had earlier in the thread.

gogatrs

Awh, don't worry. I'm too slow :P

But, James and Seth are doing that USCC or whatever.... And that's at the same time as this... On the same day...

So, shouldn't that guy that joined their team as a reserve be "promoted" to a full timer since James (at least should be) at his race?

Sorry if this has been covered, I'm just confused.

The Rules and Regulations have been updated in the "Teams" section, as well as the sub-sections "Weather", "Swerving", and "Blocking" added under the "Race Procedures" section.

Please be sure to read over them.

I will also update the track information pictures to reflect the proper laps for each race.

Last edited:

But, James and Seth are doing that USCC or whatever.... And that's at the same time as this... On the same day...

So, shouldn't that guy that joined their team as a reserve be "promoted" to a full timer since James (at least should be) at his race?

They are making the USCC to be before ALMS.

I changed my choice to PC and I did edit my sign up post to reflect that, but Ill say it again here to avoid any confusion. Ill be driving the c60 peugeot at the next preseason race.

Also forgot to add I will be a full time entrant.

Last edited:
You're brave to run that C60 Peugeot Sin! I think I could mess with it some more to take away some of it's sensitivity, but it does like to 'over' steer. Steering inputs are tricky with that car, surely!

Well its the only one of the three I was able to get, and now that Ive got it set up it feels so smooth. Not even a slight twich in the hairpin.

polarbear345

No my series is way before this. My series is 5:00 2 hours before CTSCC & 5 before this.

Anyone practicing tomorrow? I can get on for some laps.
I'll probably be on again, cnd01, although I'd love it of some of the other Pescarolo drivers were on too. Let's see if they're up to my 1:40's

Where is the race this week? I can practice when I get home from work. Not so sure if I would be a good measuring stick though.

Last edited:
I got to sit down with the winners of the 24 Hours Of Le Mans. Here is what they had to say.

How does it feel to win at Le Sarthe?

Seth: Like any other win.

Stormy: Well, it's my only win of the season and my first full race of the season after dropping out in the second round for technical issues.

But what a way to return than a win at Le Mans! It's a great feeling that is shared amongst all winners here, but today is our day for GT, for both Ferraris!

The car felt great, was stable through the corners, had pretty much great tire life as we double stinted them, and our pit strategy paid off.

We were pretty consistent and made very few errors, the biggest coming a lap after we pitted. We weren't the fastest, but we were the most consistent.

Hats off to the other drivers for completing the race, with some great battles, and congrats to the season champions!

What are your plans for next season?

Seth: It depends on what the regs are and which cars we run. If its not LMP I won't partake.

Stormy: If we race next season, just do our best.

We will have to go over the new regulations and work out a strategy for each race individually. As for what car we will use, we will just see.

What were the final laps like?

Seth: The final laps were like any other lap. Drive the same pace, just keep up the lap times being consistent.

I knew there was no way the Peugeot would win because he didn't take enough fuel. You might wonder how I knew that?

Because there's a way to figure out based on speed and the gap how fast the driver/car is going compared to you. There was no way he was pulling away by a second a lap with enough fuel on board to go the rest of the race. As your car gets lighter on fuel, it goes faster. When he took his pit stop, he spent too little time in the pits to fuel enough to go the rest of the race.

I knew this because his pit stop was a good deal faster than mine. But my pit stop lasted for as long as it did because I put in enough fuel to finish the race.

Stormy: At first, we were kind of nervous to hold our line.

But after a while and seeing the second place car drop back a few, we relaxed a bit and took the corners with extra care as not to make a mistake. Especially on the final lap.

We knew we had enough fuel to last us to the end, and the tires would hold out even though we double stinted them.

Final Question: What went through your head when you past the Peugeot?

Seth: "Shoulda taken more fuel" I tried to give him a little push back to the pits, but it didn't work.
Final Question: What went through your mind when you crossed the line?

Stormy: We were relieved when the race was over and that there was no more pressure. We really did take the last couple of laps more easily than we usually do.

Ghskilla was obviously trying to catch, and was. Fortunately for us, he made a couple of mistakes in our favor. If anything, it may have been a much more closer finish for first and second.

How does everyone like my write up? Yes I know it's really late.

I'll probably be on again, cnd01, although I'd love it of some of the other Pescarolo drivers were on too. Let's see if they're up to my 1:40's

I should be on at sometime tonight. I don't know exactly when though.

Where is the race this week? I can practice when I get home from work. Not so sure if I would be a good measuring stick though.

The race is at Grand Valley. I've seen 1.40s in PC. I've been running low 1.52s after a few adjustments.

It took a couple laps and a few adjustments, but my Ford GT is running the same. I could possibly hit the high or even mid 1:51's, but it'll take some more getting used to the car.

It took a couple laps and a few adjustments, but my Ford GT is running the same. I could possibly hit the high or even mid 1:51's, but it'll take some more getting used to the car.

I feel like I might could get a little more time off too. I've run some 1.51s, but they were rogue perfect laps.

I haven't managed any yet, but literally only just started using the car about 20 mins after posting the message.

I haven't managed any yet, but literally only just started using the car about 20 mins after posting the message.

I think a 1.51.8 is the absolute balls out best I could get. I'm sure I can still improve my average lap which is about 1.52.1.

Back